Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Berserker Axe Dur Question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by OhNoMatt, Feb 10, 2004.

1. OhNoMatt

OhNoMatt IncGamers Member

Berserker Axe Dur Question

Hi - one of my long term goals is to get a Doom and Beast runeword and make some kinda crazy barbarian build to use them and look all kickass. One question though - I noticed on the Arreat Summit that the Berserker Axe only has 24 durability, and I don't think there is any kind of durability enhancement or indestructible mod on either runeword.

So, do you have to repair those axes constantly? And wouldn't it get really expensive with high end runewords? I would almost think a Scourge would be a good option, except I don't know if "mace" and "hammer" classes are the same.

2. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

make sure you have a constant supply of Ort runes

Ort + weapon in cube = repair to full durability
    Ort + weapon + either chipper or flawed any type gem (can't remember if chipped or flawed)= repair to full durability AND replenishes all charges

This was a great thing in 1.10, with this repair recipe you can use your charges with no fear of the replenish cost. Thats why I can go ahead and use my Clay Golem and Molten Boulder with no concerns on Stone runeword, Ral is used the same way to repair armor.

3. OhNoMatt

OhNoMatt IncGamers Member

hmm

it'd be kind of a drag to have to repair those things with ort runes constantly... do you know if the repair cost is ridiculously high or not?

Also, do you know if a scourge is considered part of the "hammer" class and can be used with Doom or Beast runewords? Since I'd just be making them to have fun I might prefer to make the runewords with a Scourge and lose a little damage and trade value for the greater ease of use (Berserker has 24 durability, Scourage has 64 i think).

4. Zimbardo

Zimbardo IncGamers Member

Repair costs would only be sky high if your using a "superior" weapon ...or armor.

5. Amiral

Amiral IncGamers Member

Hammer in runewords way is the big hammers and legendary mallet class.

6. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

Assuming you are going to use frenzy or double swing, then a mere 24 durability will be used up super-quick, meaning trips back to town every five minutes to repair. This is a pain even if the repair costs are low.