Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Berserk vs Whirl Wind and shout??

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by shaftstop, Feb 24, 2004.

1. shaftstop

shaftstop IncGamers Member

Berserk vs Whirl Wind and shout??

Tweaking around witha MF barb, wondering if Whirl Wind is all useful still for pvm clearing? or if Im better off using Berserk. The other question is should I raise shout over 1 point synergy or not?
    What Im at so far is:

1howl
    1shout
    1command
    20 Battle Orders
    10 Item find
    20 Zerk
    20 Sword/Polearm/Maul (still fightning with this atm lol)
    1 Ironskin
    5 Natural Resistance lv5 should be good enough to keep me high enough to handle hell diff plus after any +skills items

2. bleuless

bleuless IncGamers Member

10 in item find is unnecessary, since you are going to have some +s, the rate of return drops after a few points, you either max it or i wouldn't put more than 5 in it (considering you are going to have some +s) and ww is nerfed on 2 basis as far as i can tell, the +%dmg and attack rate. so basically you will need a big weapon with enough speed to hit the break point (which isn't very high). i think you can get like at most 6.2 attacks per second now with ww. for me, i put some points in iron skin as you'll have no shield and will take more hits. and also 1 point in battle cry, as ww's AR bonus isn't too good. also use the howl when you get swamped.

btw, i don't know how true this is, but i heard that only the IAS on the weapon (maybe pally's fanat aura) helps ww speed. so if you have a glove with 30% IAS, and you ww, it won't help at all.

3. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Actually ww wasn't nerfed at all. It just didnt gain any synergies. And yes only ias on weapons affect ww.

4. JohnofTesh

JohnofTesh IncGamers Member

I think the important question for you to answer is how much mf gear will your build allow you to pack on and survive while killing efficiently. I play a 2-handed berserker and wear all mf gear. I only have 1 point in find item but have it at 8 or 9 from items. I go dual ali baba's on the hork to boost my mf higher. I built my merc up so that he can wear mf gear and make kills on champions and some of the uniques in the worldstone while I switch to the dual ali's for his final stroke.

5. shaftstop

shaftstop IncGamers Member

Good points

*sigh* i put 10pts into Item Find but i already noticed with full sigons I got +4 already it was like 47% and next level was 47% or something like. Should I still go with 20 berserk vs WW then? in pits is about only time I'd consider using WW due to thick crowds I have to wade through.

I can't afford much in the way of MF gear right now. Ie I know I wont have enough for dual Aliss although maybe heart carvers (+4itemfinds) i think it is. might be in my range.
    My MF gear is probably going to look something like the following.
    Steelskull helm (hoping to get Ik helm or Shako someday preferable shako because I like the extra Hp/skills)
    goldwrap belt
    2 Nagel rings (my friends willing to loan me 2 15% and 20%)
    Tal Rasha's (Chest plate)
    chance guards
    I only have IK Boots atm but I am looking for War Trav's
    Superior Monarch "Rhyme" socket 215def (i think)
    No current weapon other then Swordguard
    and I do have IK maul but not sure if IKmaul would be better for killing or getting a 1hander weapon.
    I have four 5 and 4 % MF small charms and a Gheeds 27%
    I realise its not much at the moment but I gotta start somewhere. heh.