Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Berserk Question...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Aerwynd, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

Berserk Question...

I checked the Barb Forums and Searched, but those yielded no results.

Basically, when Berserk is used, does it take your base dmg on the weapon and turn it into Magic Dmg, or what?

Will there be a difference between using a Berserker Axe and a War Axe?

I'm planning on making a 'Passion' for my Fury/Fireclaws Druid to deal with IM, but I don't have any elite weapons I want to put it in.

Thx for the help :thumbsup:

Aerwynd

2. RibGriller

RibGriller IncGamers Member

Dunno if this helps, but IIRC Berserk converts all the physical dmg you would normally dole out with that weapon and converts it into magical dmg. The more physical dmg, the more magical dmg you get. I couldn't help you calculate the amount though.

3. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

Basically just calculate dmg out as normal, and convert your end number for physical damage into magical. All elemental remains elemental. Since Berzerk is a big ED% bonus (at higher levels at least, don't remember what it does at low levels from passion) I'd go with an elite.

4. domac

domac IncGamers Member

Use Berserker Axe for bigger damage... and I kinda sounds good to use berserker axe for berserking. :)

Also don't forget that you can't leech with berserk and that defence is 0 when you swing so blocking will be your only safety net between monsters and your life bulb.

5. AndiDi

AndiDi IncGamers Member

Alternatively instead of one-handed plus shield you could go two-handed for some big damage and use WarCry to stun monsters (stunned monsters can't hit anything).

6. kanonfutter

kanonfutter IncGamers Member

Nightfish did an excellent twohanded berserker guide.
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=126634
    I am mid 50'ies SP with it now. The mana problem is solved by an insight merc, then lots of War Cry to get you safe. The really fun thing about the build is that you can do a barbarian with little armour and a really big weapon, so all the cliches are fulfilled

-Kanonfutter

7. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

You guys really should read the original post before comming up with an answer. He's playing a druid, not a barbarian.
    Brak gave a good answer, I can only confirm but like to add that you'll only be using the weapon against PI's, so you might want to go with a faster less damaging weapon then a slow heavy hitter.

8. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Much better deal with IM for Fury/Fireclaw is using a fast low damage weapon on switch with Fireclaw skill. The Physical damage is low, so IM damages you, but doesn't kill you, and you will still use one of your strong attacks. Personally I think that 6xshael phase blade has damage low enough to not die quickly.
    The disadvantage of passion is that you can't use berserk in wereform and you have to deshift all the time you want to use it.

edit: I once used the passion war spike for PIs/IM and it was quite good in the end of NM, but it seriously lacked damage (and was dangerous to use) in hell difficulty, so I rather used retreat and separate tactic in CS.

9. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

Thx for pointing out the obvious Sint :thumbsup: LoL, people these days, :laugh:

Hrus --> I was originally going to use a 6xShael PB for Fireclaws on switch anyway, but didn't know Fireclaws was PURE fire dmg. I thought IM was still going to get me... Will scratch 'Passion' and stick with the 6x Shael PB. Thx!!!

*Answer Received*

Aerwynd

10. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

You will still deal some physical damage, but it will be quite low with only 31-35 phase blade (this will be enhanced by off-weapon ED bonuses like STR bonus might from merc or fortitude...) But if you will not have might merc and fortitude, I think you should be ok - IM damage is proportional to damage dealt and it will not be high enough to ohko you.

11. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

One downside of the FC strategy to counter IM is that Doom Knights, which almost always accompany Oblivion Knights, are immune to fire in hell. If you're unlucky they might block your way to the OBs and they do hurt. One way to enhance this anti IM strategy might be to put one point in Shock Wave and transform into a werebear in those areas.