Being immune

Gremlin

Banned
Being immune

I think i read somewhere that its possible 2 get imune against elemental attacks. Or at least almost immune. But i cant remember how much absorb thats needed.

Is it possible 2 be immune against fire? Im working on a char for hunting the diablo clone and he only have fire attacks (or also lightning?).

puckalicious

Diabloii.Net Member
Gremlin said:
I think i read somewhere that its possible 2 get imune against elemental attacks. Or at least almost immune. But i cant remember how much absorb thats needed.

Is it possible 2 be immune against fire? Im working on a char for hunting the diablo clone and he only have fire attacks (or also lightning?).
Well first off resists and absorb are different things. Definitely max your resists and try to find absorb gear. For Dclone you need fire absorb and also cold absorb for the pink lightning attack. I don't think it deals any lightning damage. If you are using a melee character I would recommend a nords tenderizer or frostwind for cold absorb and/or a flamebellow for fire absorb. The problem with these weapons is they are not the most powerful and don't have nice mods like Prevent Monster Heal and Ignore Target Defense. Also a dwarf star ring and raven frost ring is nice for absorbs.

I would recommend using the highest phys damage weapons you can hit consistently with and definitely get Prevent Monster Heal if you have a lower damage weapon. Then I think the cold/fire absorb from ravenfrost and dwarf star will be enough.

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
In 1.10 it is not possible to get fully immune to an element (it was possible in 1.09).
Elemental abosrb is capped at 40% and resists are capped as always at 95% (and you need special gear to even get that high).

Also, even with 50% absorb it is not true immunity. 50% absorb would mean you reduce the total damage by half, and get half back, for a nett change of 0 - however, you do actually take the damage before you get the life back, so if it kills you, you're dead, even though you were going to get all those HP back. However, as long as you survive, you wouldn't actually ever lose HP.

With 95% resist and 40% absorb, you only take 3% of the damage inflicted and then get 2% of it back, so as long as the 3% isn't enough to kill you, you will only take 1% damage from that element.

Now, on top of that you can also apply MDR. MDR is applied after the absorb cuts the damage and before damage is applied. With enough MDR, and the reduction to 3% from 95% res and 40% absorb, on many attacks you will end up with no damage left to apply (and you may even heal from the absorb). However, you would still need a lot of MDR even for 3% Hell Diabloclone's attacks.

Singollo

Diabloii.Net Member
if u are looking to kill clones best thing to can do is make a chatacters that can get pass he defensive abilitys like his def, resists and life regen.

1 chatacter that dose well is a smite pally that has an item that cast life tap or have a necro cast it for u, with life tap crushing blow, and prevent monster heal, a smiter can take him down in no time

another chatacter is cold sorc. a cold sorc with max cold mastery can turn his 95 cold resist to a -X%. to make the most of cold mastery vs diablo clone is to have around a lvl 35 cold mastery

there are other builds like zealots and kickers, the key is crushing blow, prevent monster heal and leech enough to keep going, for elemental dmg lower his resist

with all that said, you can resist his attack fine but u still be to do the dmg to kill him

conan

Diabloii.Net Member
Gremlin said:

I have 95 resist fire and Lightning and 90 resist cold/poison I dont have a lot fo fire absorb at all but my lvl 90 Zealot can tank DC and kill him without ever needing a potion. In 8 person games when i find him alone its a little longer but he still never makes my life drop noticably at all. I have soloed him 22 times now no sweat=)

Gear: 2 Soc CoA Ber/Cham
Highlords Ammy
Guardian Angel/Um
Eth BotD Zerker 414% ed 15%ll
198% HoZ / Um
Gore Riders
Draculs Gloves 10%ll
Verdungos belt
2x crafted LL rings
199% Jah Stormlash on switch
199% HoZ /Um on switch
pally Combat 40-45 Life charms
3/xx/20 scs
5% resist all /19 life scs
20/20/10 annihilus

my first pally, he is a blast

sangfagel

Diabloii.Net Member
ou can´t be immune but you can be practically immune. The first step is to higher your resists to really max i.e. 95%.
You can do it in many ways, for instance using Guardian Angel and Thundergod's Vigor.

If you get 1000 lightning dmg you will effectively take 5% of this = 50. Now is time for dmg absorb (+20 on t-gods). It takes 20 of lightning dmg and transform it to your hp. So - of 1000 Ldmg you have effectively taken (50 - 20) dmg + 20hp =10dmg totaly.

If you use Guardian Angel, Nokozan Relic and Dwarf Star you can also get 95% fire res + 15% fire absorb + Magical Damage Taken Reduced by 12-15. So, of 1000 fire dmg you will get 35 -37 (resist + mdr)

Now I´m not sure if 15% fire absorb is counted before or past F-res. If Before - it makes you MORE than immune - you actually heals of fire (like fire golem).
If it counts after F-res - it´s not immunity but pracically you can ignore fire attacks anyway.