Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beginning of Act 3

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by hophlng, Mar 15, 2004.

1. hophlng

hophlng IncGamers Member

Beginning of Act 3

Hi All

Just starting Act 3, the first quest of act III is to go out to kill something and then get a Jade Figurine. When I went out to the spider forest, I saw someone walking around the forest, place my cursor over it and the description pops up saying he is the dark wonderer. He just keep on walking until he teleport himself and summon a slug like monster for me to fight. Wondering if anyone encountered that? Mine is a 1.10 game.

2. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Well I guess you must be new to the game because that has been there since 1.00 classic or you hate act 3 more than anyone on this forum and rush through as fast as humanly possible :lol:

3. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Yep. He's been there since the original game (1.00, fresh out of the box). If you watch the cinematics and listen to the NPC speeches, you should know who he is and why he's there... it's never explained, though, how he got there (stowed away on Meshif's ship, presumably...), or how he subsequently got past the anti-demon ward around the docks.

Anyway, you can't do anything to him, since you'd break the plot if you did. So he just dumps a bunch of Flesh Beasts at you instead...

4. MorbidDoom

MorbidDoom IncGamers Member

Psst, no anti-demon ward is a match for the Lord of Terror himself :clap: But anyway, what I really wanna know is how Marius managed to get all the way to Durance 3 without getting his old, puny arse kicked by something :lol:

But yea, the Dark Wanderer as always been there.

5. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

*puts up sign saying "Beware of the Fishymancer"*

That one ought to do the trick...

<sarcasm>All the monsters assumed he was a zombie and therefore on their side</sarcasm>

Real reason? He was carrying Baal's Soulstone, and therefore should be seen as a 'friend' by the demons, especially considering his actions along the way.

6. MorbidDoom

MorbidDoom IncGamers Member

Hmpth, if I were a demon I woulda killed Marius and delivered the soulstone to Baal myself, sort of a way to distinguish me from the rest of the mindless hordes :D

7. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal IncGamers Member

I doubt it, seeing as how you're part of the mindless hoard. :)