Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beginner question.

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Pretrius, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Pretrius

Pretrius IncGamers Member

Beginner question.

On the trading forum there are letters infront of the threads like, L, NL, Euscl, sc and probably more. Could someone tell me what they mean?

I know basically what they mean like L is for Ladder, but is that softcore ladder or hardcore?

The scl is of course softcore ladder but does that just mean that there are no hcl abbreviation so the L is actually the hcl?

Am I making any sense or am I just babbling?

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Re: Beginner question.

L = Ladder
    NL = Non Ladder
    Euscl = Europe Softcore Ladder
    SC = Softcore

L is not "HCL" (Hardcore Ladder) as Hardcore has a seperate trade forum from the other trade forums, also SP Trade is seperate from the HC Trade and other Trade Forums.

For more: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=538888

3. Pretrius

Hardcore and Softcore can trade amongst each other?

4. Gorny

Gorny Banned

No, they are seperate animals. In Hardcore you only get one life. If you get killed you are really dead.

5. Pretrius

Well then if it just says ladder infront of the thread on the trading forum, how do I know which of the ladders it is? SC or HC.

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Likie I said earlier the Hardcore has a completely seperate Trade Forum from the SC (East/West/Europe ones)

So unless you are actually viewing the Hardcore Trade Forums, all trades will be SC and either NL or L and within their seperate realm (East, West, Europe.)

For reference:

The DII Trading Forums Sub: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Notice how Hardcore has a seperate forum from East/West/Europe/SP?

You won't see a Hardcore trade posted on one of those other forums, just as you won't see a SP trade on East Standard or a Europe trade on Wst Standard.

They are all divided and seperate.

7. Pretrius

I didn't catch on to the fact that they had separate trade forums, from the earlier reply you made, my bad I'm sure. I thank you for the info.

8. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

As Gorny said our Trade Forums are separated. You can see all the trade forums here; that shows ONLY trade forums.

There are separate sub-forums for Europe, US-East, US-West, Hardcore and Single Player. Traders on those sub-forums cannot trade with people outside of their sub-forum. So US-East traders can't exchange goods with people playing Single Player.

Now Europe, US-East and US-West have common trade rules. You will find those rules in a Stickied thread at the top of each sub-forum. You may find the terms and abbreviations guide here useful. Threads in those subs will mention L or NL (ladder or NL) but that's about it. Ladder and non-ladder can't trade with each other.

Single Player and Hardcore are set up differently to the others.

Hardcore is for hardcore trades whether they are on Europe, East or West. So you will see their trades mention the Realm and L or NL in the title. HC has it's own Trade Rules Stickied at the top of their forum.

Single Player is probably the most complex because we can play different versions (1.07, 1.09, 1.10a/s/final, 1.11b, 1.12a), cores (softcore or hardcore), mods (RWM/RRM or vanilla) and variants (median, hell unleashed and eastern sun). We have our own trade rules Stickied at the top of the Single Player Trade Forum.

The idea is so that everyone knows what they are trading; Realm, core, mods, ladder and version.

Before anyone mentions it, it is sort of possible to trade across realms etc. If I played Europe SC L and SP 1.12a SC RWM/RRM I could give you a SP item and get an Eu item in return but it's not something that happens often and frankly it's a pain so I'm glad about that!

Have a read of the Stickied threads and that should help a great deal.

:wave: