Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beetles of lightning death

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Zarhrezz, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Beetles of lightning death

Anyone ever noticed this on the Summit:

Especially the Jab part is something to worry about...it would explain a death my assassin took at some point I guess. I've noticed Jab on spear rogues, but on Scarabs it's a lot less nice-ish.

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

To be honest I haven't noticed it on my way through NM (since my furthest char is Act 1 Hell), but then that's probably because I was cheerfully slaughtering them whilst consuming a constant supply of red potions as needed... :)

Those bugs have always been nasty. It's just that they can hurt quite a bit more now (*mumbles something about FE*)

3. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Before 1.10, they were also very rare. You hardly ever saw any that were not part of a boss pack.

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

wow, i never knew that the man who knows everythign about everything in the game has never had a pat, or even come close. wow, i jsut didnt expect that.
    anyway, i noitced they do lightning dmg when i briefly left my Pc andcame back to find me under attack from the damn things, and the ightning spark was coming from them evry now and then when they attack.
    jab is worrying, it only adds to there annoyancy and potntail death in HC...

5. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Should've added 'in 1.10', since I have 1 Pat in 1.09 and another character in Act 4 Hell, also in 1.09...

Oh, and I'm not Ruvanal or Jarulf :)

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

im sure there's a joke in there, ill just have to find out who Ruvanal and Jarulf are....

7. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

They're the guys people like shade, thrugg and doc tenshi go to for info about the game. ;)

8. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

They are the people who know everything about D2 :) Quite a few of the more important things in the game have been dug up by them (Jarulf investigated how Open Wounds and Crushing Blow had been changed in 1.10, for example).

9. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

basically they know more about the game than the blizzard guys who coded it do. :teeth:

10. farting bob

farting bob Banned

wow, those guys must be good, did they work for blizz or something?

11. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

Nope, just fans of the game. They also picked apart the code line by line, and understand what most of it means...

Chris

12. Zorfwaddle

Zorfwaddle IncGamers Member

First Time Poster

Hello all, long time listener, first time caller....

These bugs are the ones that made Maggot Lair a pain in the a** for me in Hell (L77 Fanatic Zealot). I think I did more running, quaffing full rejuv potions, tp'ing and general yelling than anywhere else (so far). I finally grabbed the staff last night and it made me very happy. Now on to the Claw Viper Temple (I hate snakes....)

George

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

hi zorf, welcome! and the snakes are easy, there are only 2 lvls, the last 1 can be a grab and tp out job (with teleport or leap, but as a zealot, youll ave to use the old run like hell) just remember, fang-whats-his-name, the big snake unique, is almost always on the bottom of the map (from the normal view when at the entrance.) so go the top the corner, then round that way, as you can get it without killing him. once you get to the thing in the middle, they jsut line upthe stairs and you can kill them easy.

14. Zorfwaddle

Zorfwaddle IncGamers Member

Yeah, Fangskin Woofnostril or something.... He always spawns LE (I believe). I may give it a go tonight.

George

15. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

not that I intend to or CARE to, but how does one look at the game code? isnt the .exe file like the compiled version - wheres the source code?

16. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

They read the assembly language/machine code :eek:

17. Urlik_Skarsol

Urlik_Skarsol IncGamers Member

I guess one thing I've really noticed about 1.10 is that LE's, particularly all the various "beetles" do a lot less damage than they did in 1.09. To compensate, there seems to be a heck of a lot more of them though :lol:

Snow_Bunny found Ice-Blast extremely effective against them. In fact, I don't think any type of beetle is CI (except maybe a unique).

My HC Frenzier also never had much trouble with them.

I think Blizz replaced the MSLE threat from 1.09 with the FE-death Nova in 1.10.

18. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

OMG. Having coded that way for some high-speed real-time applications I truly worry about someone who would read that stuff as a hobby. I don't know whether to :worship: or be :scared: .

19. Mage11

Mage11 IncGamers Member

In the case of Ruvanal and Jarulf, I think that :worship: is the only way to go.

20. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Amen to that brother, the have used their knowlegde for the greater good and really have helped the SPF to advance to another level... and therefore i would like to thank them for their efforts :clap:

ow and a little :worship: :worship:

:uhhuh:

robin