Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tarnok, Mar 25, 2004.

1. tarnok

tarnok IncGamers Member

Beer

So. Once my room mate picked up a six-pack of Guiness when he and I were splitting the bill for groceries and I decided I would try one since I technically owned three of them. I hated it. The best way I can describe it is as demonic grape juice. Yes I realize there are no grapes used in making beer, but that's what it reminded me of. Grape juice, only demonic.

Present day. A couple of days ago, for no aparent reason whatsoever, I thought I'd like to have a beer. Why? Who knows. Here is the problem as I see it:

1) If I do buy a beer, I would like to just buy _a_ beer. I don't want to throw seven or eight dollars down the drain when I remember I hate beer.
    2) I don't want to have to talk to or look at anyone while I drink it; no bars.
    3) I weigh 155 pounds in my combat boots. Obviously I'll make sure not to drink on an empty stomach, but I want to take every possible step to keep my faculties in full working order.

Based on these stumbling blocks, suggest a beer that one might be able to find in the south-eastern United States and the next time I have the opportunity I might go see if I still hate beer.

(Nothing fruity though. What's the point? I drink my coffee black. Macho++)

2. ragnar_ii

ragnar_ii IncGamers Member

Wow, I think your way too involved with this. You make it sound like such a serious choice in life. Just go buy a beer and see if you like it, if not buy another kind. Keep repeating until you find your beer.

3. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

If your so macho just drink habanero sauce with rubbing alcohol?

4. tarnok

tarnok IncGamers Member

Unfortunately I am out of rubbing alcohol.

5. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

However you have habanero sauce about and are willing to drink it? Tell your colon I said sorry.

6. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Get a rolling rock. It tastes fine and doesn't make you feel nasty like guiness does.

7. Good-At-Trading

Good-At-Trading Banned

Yeah rolling rock tastes like water, which is more or less any american beer. But for someone who doesn't like the taste and it is the best american beer in my opinion. You have to remember alchohol in general is an acquired taste. I never met anyone who liked the first beer that they drank. Once you get used to the taste though...its all downhill. Then you can try some real man's beer! Listen to me joke:

What does American Beer and a Canoe have in common?

They are both close to water!

8. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

I don't care for Guiness either, but I am quite partial to Heineken.

Oh, and not all American beer is crap, just the cheap stuff. This is a little pet peeve of mine, but I have it when people compare their premium native beer versus the cheapest American swill and declare that all American beer must be crap.

9. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Amber Bock or Killians are fine cheap American beers.

10. Good-At-Trading

Good-At-Trading Banned

MMM maybe I should have been more specific I meant the beer that tastes like water is the beer that have million dollar advertising campaigns. Like budweiser and coors. I know not all American Beer sucks much of it is fantastic. My favorite beer Monster Ale is brewed in Brooklyn. But give me a break hehe...I'm only 16 and I have yet to be able to fully experience the world of beer. I am just a dilletante of beer.

11. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

if you can't handle it, don't stick your nose in, and if I know Gaile, you're gonna have trouble with that avatar

12. Akira

Akira Member

i suggest moosehead, it tastes like.. um... good. :buddies:

13. masterazn

masterazn Banned

14. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

Tell you roommate to get Guinness Draught next time, not the Extra Stout. The way you describe it, that couldn't have been the Draught. There's a BIG difference.

15. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

Moosehead is NOT good, Rolling Rock is NOT good, and if anyone here drinks Coors Light, I automatically hate you.

If you want a good pale ale, try Sierra Nevada or Flying Fish. Good cheap American beers would be Killians, Yuengling, Loyalhanna, and Blue Moon (although Blue Moon is a little more expensive).

As for the trying beers thing, either head out to bars and try new stuff each night, or just man up and buy a sixer. $7 really isn't that much money, and if you hit something you like, you already have five others waiting for you.

16. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

lol, you KNOW it's gonna be dry when the name is drought...haha, anyway...seriously.

yeah since you're kinda a wussy beer drinker you should buy a 22ozer of rolling rock or one of those ultra beers that have no carbs or less carbs or whatever...those will taste like slightly bitter tap water.

one day you will like flavor. it's all part of growing up. although i have to admit that I drank often as a child...like a thimble of wine with dinner or sips of beer here and there and when i finally snuck off with my friends and drank I already liked the flavor. I didn't think it was as good as soda back then, but nowadays i crave beer much more than sweets. i even switched to dark chocolate mostly.

also, i weigh less tan 155 lbs. so you should be okay drinking four beers in a night (3-4hours) and not feel drunk at all. you will be still no good to drive...no tolerance...but you should have your wits about you.

the general rule is 1 hour for every "drink" you have, and everytime you switch from one type of booze to another you should add at least a half an hour...depending on your tolerance. mixing drinks confuses your system and slows the process down a little, If oyu are just drinking beer, then you need one hour per beer drank to be sobered up and I'd give it an extra hour even consider going home. (and with this no tolerance thing I'd wait till the next day).

the government is being dumb with all these rules and such, but there's no way in hell they'll ever drop the drinking age to 18. it's the government's job to think for you...see it doesn't think you cn make your own desicons

17. Akira

Akira Member

Who died and made you beer king?

18. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

Just go buy some coronas and a lemon or two. Good times.

19. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

You sir, are my own personal jesus.

In other news, Heineken and Corona is teh 1337.

Oh, and I like MGD, too, if there's no Canadian beers around, though I'm ashamed to admit it.

20. masterazn

masterazn Banned

I don't like beer in general...it tastes bad.