Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beer before Liquor, Ive never been sicker.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ragnar_ii, Sep 10, 2006.

1. ragnar_ii

ragnar_ii IncGamers Member

Beer before Liquor, Ive never been sicker.

Well last night was interesting to say the least. Me and a few friends planned on playing beer pong last night. But once we got to his house we realized that we only had a 5 beers and a few Mikes hard lemonade between the four of us. So, because our beer to player ratio was horrendously low, we thought "what the hell, lets all take a shot of 151 before we play." And so we did.

I think we did it just to prove to each other that we can take a shot of 151 proof rum. After trying that, I honestly think that taking a shot of gas would be easier.

But anyway, with the beer and hard lemonade we managed to play a few, 3 i think, games of beer pong before we ran out. And by this time I was really feeling the shot I took earlier. So, I came up with the idea of taking the vodka one guy had and just mixing it with soda and play vodka pong. And so we did.

Although after 1 game the soda was out of the equation and we just filled each cup with a half shot of vodka. And before you know it, the vodka was gone. But wait, we still have a bottle of unopened Aftershock and Stoli. I dont know what the other team put in their cups but my team had half shots, of Aftershock. This morning I was told I won that game, but still drank the rest of the my cups.

It was at this time that I went upstairs, not yet sure how I made it, to go to the bathroom, and stayed in there hovering over the toilet for an hour, or so thats what I was told. With the help of 2 people I was able to crawl into a bed. One girl stayed by my side for the next 3 hours while I was shivering uncontrolably. I can finally tell her that I think Ill be fine, and I let her go to bed. And I finally fall asleep.

So, 8 hours later I wake up. Im a tad hungry, thirsty, lightheaded and have the worst taste in my mouth Ive ever had, but overall not that bad. I get up, drink a glass of water, drive home and here I am.

So, just thought Id share my experience with you all. Anyone else have any storys to share?

2. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan IncGamers Member

Sounds just *fun* to be more drunk than you should be.

Don't get me wrong, I do drink and I do have fun, but to be so intoxicated that you can't remember what goes on? I don't see why people do that to themselves. I have only vomited once after drinking (and I think it was due more to the 1.5 bags of honey-mustard pretzels than the alcohol) and still manage to have a blast.

I dunno, I guess I'm just a dullard.

3. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

And the moral of the story: Check your stock before the party starts.

4. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this theory in a different thread a few months back ;-)

Beer before liquor, you've never been sicker. Ligour before beer, and you're in the clear. :thumbsup:

5. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

The order doesn't matter, but the fact that you're mixing your types of alcohol does.

I bet those last couple games of pong were pretty sloppy, eh?

6. ael

ael IncGamers Member

Sometimes I can drink 10 beers and have no probs at all.. Other times I drink 3 and alreay feel sick. Isnt that weird?

Btw once I entered the town hall after a beer festival. Luckily my friends pulled me out of there before I did something stupid... In the meantime I was calling my friends MOTHER. Weird...

7. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

I've never had that problem. I'll drink beer, rum and whisky all in the same night and get no drunker than if I stuck to just one. I also don't get hangovers. Suck it amateurs

8. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

Yeah, but you're an alcoholic. The rules dont apply to alcoholics.

9. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

I've always been like this. From the first time until now, no hangovers, no problems with mixing booze. It's genetic. All the men on my dad's side of the family have been/are like this.

10. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

Yes, some people say alcoholism is genetic.

11. Bordillo

Bordillo Banned

ever since i took 22 shots of bankers club white rum in 2 hours and proceeded to vomit and pass out a year ago ive basically learned my lesson, ive only vommited 2 times since from drinking

12. ragnar_ii

I can remember almost everything that happened last night. I didnt realize how bad I was untill I was already throwing up. I was having a hell of a time prior to that. Although, now experiencing the latter half of the night, I wont drink that much again.

I thought it was a rather popular saying. I was just using it, not taking credit for it.

13. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

I don't get hangovers either. And I've only been drinkin for about 2 years.

14. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

At the time I was writing my report on that stuff about four years ago, that had been disproved (but who knows with that field?). I saw their methodology anyway, it was rubbish.

15. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

so learning your lesson means only vommiting twice in the last year? Not so much for taste aversion are we?

I threw up once from a new years party hangover from drinking almost a whole bottle of vodka. I havn't touched vodka since. . . just the smell makes me sick. Now that's learning from a mistake. :thumbsup:

16. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I got wasted one night when I was home and in the OTF IRC channel (the old one). I think Canadia might still have the log saved. Apparently I talked about Michael Jackson.

17. ragnar_ii

Oh man, we have to get a hold of that log.

I used to think that it was an act when people would say they are typing drunk and have at least one typo per word, untill I tryed it myself. I hate typos when they can be avoided, and I remeber getting really pissed at myself and the computer because it wouldnt type what I wanted it to.

18. Bordillo

Bordillo Banned

for a penn st student yes

19. P-Unit

P-Unit IncGamers Member

Ill never drink vodka again after I drank an entire bottle one night. Well atleast not straight.

20. DOC

DOC Off Topic Moderator

Yea, everything that smeg said goes true for me too, I really do think it runs in the blood. For someone my size to be able to mix everything and drink the way I once did, it was odd and amazing to say the least.

And Scotch pong owns all...