Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Been a while ... looking for a little help :)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Aranstel, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Aranstel

Aranstel IncGamers Member

Been a while ... looking for a little help :)

It's nearly 5 years since I popped in here and for that matter played D2. I got addicted to another game but now I am bored with it, so I am back :wave:

I am having a lot of fun playing a summoner iron golem necro and I am not sure about a few things. I have trawled the forums for the answers but I have not worked out the answers.

I want to make as strong an iron golem as possible, so I wandered if when you make an iron golem whether or not it fixes the stats on the golem at that time, or the golem adjusts it stats according to what you wear at any moment or even when it seems to re-create it as you enter a new game, i.e. is it worth having a separate wand / head just to create the golem?

I am trying to craft myself a +2 necro ammy, but I am not sure what monster drops will give me a chance or best chance to make one. A friend tells me that it no longer matters what level I am just the level of the monster that drops the ammy. I tried understanding the FAQ info in this area, but found it a bit complicated. I imagine ammys dropped from Baal, Diablo and Pindle will be high enough, but I was hoping others would be good too.
    Will an ammy from any of the L85 areas be good enough? e.g. the Pit
    Will I get a better chance from a Baal crafted Ammy?
    I have manage to gamble a few +2 ammys (I am L91), could I use one of those to try and craft a +2?

Any answers / tip much appreciated :)

Cheers,
    Aran

2. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Re: Been a while ... looking for a little help :)

Make it from insight runeword Polearm and never let it die.

BO and + skills Adds when in effect. BO again can add after it's made. Not sure what else your asking about?

3. Aranstel

So far used Amn'd IK Mauls for the leech and CB but like the idea of getting the meditation aura, I'll give it a try, ty for the tip :)

OK, I rephrase my 2 questions:
    1. If I create the iron golem with a wand + head that has a total of +9 to iron golem will the golem keep those golem bonuses when I switch to a wand + head with lower +4 to iron golem, or do the golem stat bonuses change to the lower + skills on my other gear?
    2. Where can I find amulets that give me a chance to craft a +2 skills amulet?

4. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

1. It will keep those bonuses, but I've heard reports of iron golems poofing sometimes.

2. Gambling / Mf

5. Aranstel

Great I'll keep my +6 iron golem wand then, ty ... thankfully no poofs yet

Already doing that thanks, my question was best places to get amulets that I can craft into +2 necro caster ammys. Baal blue amulets will no doubt work, but I was wondering if amulets dropped from the L85 areas like The Pit would also have a chance to get the +2 skills prefix?

6. DoomBoy

DoomBoy IncGamers Member

Crafting = higher level gives more mods
    The higher level you are, more mods
    The higher item level, more mods
    Try leveling to 93 for crafting +2 skills amulet (can just gamble amulets from vendors, if I remember correctly)

If you have teleport, the iron golem will stay with you until it dies (you can bring it back to you when it wanders off screen with a single teleport)

Every new game, the golem will re-spawn with current levels (you have +9 golem in gear = +9 golem, you have +4 golem gear = +4 golem) as far as I know