Becoming A mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAOC

Banned
Becoming A mod?

I am not begging or anything. But How can I become an admin? I think I have a lot of guidance I can give you folks. Plus I am very talented. Is it like a paypal donation or do I have to be nominated? I am serious...I would really like that.

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
They would make me a mod but they know that I would be distracted by my crush on Gaile :p

No but seriously, you can ask them if you want, I don't know if they're currently looking. E-mail Gaile or Elly (or PM them).

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
Always wanted to be a Community Forum mod myself :) I also want to mirror or host the diabloii.net downloads. In fact I'm going to PM Elly about that.

Gorny

Banned
SHAOC said:
I am not begging or anything. But How can I become an admin? I think I have a lot of guidance I can give you folks. Plus I am very talented. Is it like a paypal donation or do I have to be nominated? I am serious...I would really like that.

Riiiiiiiight!

If a new moderator is appointed by the admins, that person is usually recomended by one (or more of the orher admins. /mods), based on the persons action over a period of time and also that persons knowledge in a whatever forum the person is being elected as a mod for. Just giving money to the site will not make you a mod.

Without trying to flame you or anything, you have not been here that long, there are others here that are not mods and can give as much guidance as you claim ... if not more.

Ok, so you say you are very talented ? No problem by that, but again there other people here that have great talent.

In my opinion, out of several of those, if the Admins choose to could/should be a mod.

Edit : Usufruct, that's an idea! I was thinking the same thing!!

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Usu, Gorny and myself won't become mods because we spam the community too much.

Shaoc won't become a mod because he has been here for like three days, and has yet to impress me with more than one decent post. For the first 20 or so posts he had I thought he was just trolling, although he seems to have calmned down now. Also, until you've been here a long time you don't know how things work, and what the finer points of the rules are, and so you will be totally ineffectual at moderating even the pal forum.

BTW, I did pm elly about a month ago about becoming a mod and she told me to go hump a tree.

PS: I got all sappy and whatnot.

Gorny

Banned
SuggestiveName said:
Usu, Gorny and myself won't become mods because we spam the community too much.

Shaoc won't become a mod because he has been here for like three days, and has yet to impress me with more than one decent post. For the first 20 or so posts he had I thought he was just trolling, although he seems to have calmned down now. Also, until you've been here a long time you don't know how things work, and what the finer points of the rules are, and so you will be totally ineffectual at moderating even the pal forum.

BTW, I did pm elly about a month ago about becoming a mod and she told me to go hump a tree.

PS: I got all sappy and whatnot.

True in what you say about us Suggestive, in any case if any of the three of us even remotly reached some level of mod-dum, we would have to stop our spamming adventures and would also have to raise the bar some in oou posting habits as well...

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
I think I prefer myself as an honorary (if imaginary) moderator.

On that note, I'm locking this thread.

Gorny

Banned
Usufruct said:
I think I prefer myself as an honorary (if imaginary) moderator.

On that note, I'm locking this thread.

CLICK!

Aragorn_elessar, your account does not have sufficient priviledges to acess this feature.......

Insight

Diabloii.Net Member
I always thought it involved something dangerous like slaying a dragon, or drinking a zima, or eating at arbys?

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
Insight said:
I always thought it involved something dangerous like slaying a dragon, or drinking a zima, or eating at arbys?
ROFL :lol: Ok, give me the dragon or the zima any day.

Schwhat

Diabloii.Net Member
Get a grip, people. When Elly, Gaile, or Flux want a new mod it'll be posted in the announcements thread. Which should be the first thread of each section of the forum, in it's own little top section above the other threads (stickied and such).

And when they do it, it's like a job interview process. You'll see the next time they post they need a new mod in the announcments thread.

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Schwhat said:
Get a grip, people. When Elly, Gaile, or Flux want a new mod it'll be posted in the announcements thread. Which should be the first thread of each section of the forum, in it's own little top section above the other threads (stickied and such).

And when they do it, it's like a job interview process. You'll see the next time they post they need a new mod in the announcments thread.
Elly asked in the pal forum recently, actually.

Wolv

Diabloii.Net Member
If it works anything like other forums, longevity is one key. Its the only way for admins to get a feel for a persons character and reliability.

Besides, being a mod isn't all its cracked up to be.....

skihard

Banned
so suggestive, what do you think the tree thought about being offered up for humping if it could think. I mean the tree hardly knows you, or do you have one picked out already that you're developing a fondness for?

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
skihard said:
so suggestive, what did the tree think about being offered up for humping I think. I mean the tree hardly knows you, or do you have one picked out already that you're developing a fondness for?
The tree was shy at first, but then later got really into it, how do you think I got so sappy?

skihard

Banned
well if it's a maple tree it will have a smoother bark and a sweeter sap so not much to complain about then.

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
skihard said:
well if it's a maple tree it will have a smoother bark and a sweeter sap so not much to complain about then.
Oh man, I WISH it had been a maple tree!! MMMMM MMM MMMMMMMM!!!! SO SESXXY.

Status
Not open for further replies.