Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beating up an idiot

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Galabab, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Galabab

Galabab IncGamers Member

Beating up an idiot

Following situation.
    A stupid person is too stupid to understand that he is stupid. No argueing will help. He just keeps being a total idiot who is full of himself at the same time.
    Im just about to use brute force and beat the **** out of this person.
    It wont make him understand anything though. He will think of himself more of a mertyr or something and in his stupid little mind the bad bad world will once again so unjustly hurt him.

I cant discribe the situation closer but just assume this person really is wrong and no logic in the world will help. Aside of being wrong he insults people who are actually right. Accusing THEM in being wrong. *****in around what pigs they are.

What would you do?

What I dont wonna hear is: "maybe he is right and you are wrong"
    No. He is wrong and im right. Just assume this.

2. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Re: Beating up an idiot

[​IMG]

3. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Maybe he is right and you are wrong. :alright:

Regardless that you're right (which I suspect you are, as I recall your tendencies in the past), by beating the snot out of him you're no better than those who resort to ad hominem attacks because they don't have legitimate arguments.

What you <could> do is mock him, particularly since he's convinced of how right he is. Use good points that show him to be an idiot, and do it in front of others. I once ridiculed a lefty in-law who I despised, because he was claiming stupid crap like humans were herbivores (I asked him why we have incisor teeth).

4. SonataArctica

SonataArctica IncGamers Member

Use the Ignore button

5. Thomh

Thomh IncGamers Member

What! I agree with Jmervyn. Now I`m scared:)

Basically what Jmervyn said, you`re a complete douchè if you go through with some beating. Silence is gold sometimes.

6. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch IncGamers Member

violence is always the answer..... sometimes. :)

7. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Why can't you give more info? Work situation? Family member? Guy selling magazines?

Impossible to answer without knowing the nature of the situation.

Surely then, with your superior intellect, you can resolve the situation yourself without the aid of a gaming forum. :wink2:

8. boogyman19946

boogyman19946 IncGamers Member

Amra, it probably isn't something he can't handle, he's just wondering what we would do in the situation. It's probably another one of his psychological analysis.

A bullet to the head and a hole in the forest. Silence is golden but bullets are silver (sometimes).

nah I'm just kidding. When you ignore bull****, people tend not to bother you with it any longer. I still like telling them that they're idiots, however, but only on occasion. It best works in text (because nowadays it just seems that more and more people can't spell anything properly. I hear that in New Zealand you can use "txt msg" spelling on college tests. That's just ridiculous) but in person I can sometimes deal too (I'm not exactly the most witty person out there so I am outspoken rather easily >.>)

9. Rawness

Rawness IncGamers Member

Dunning-Krueger effect

10. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

Ignore him and move on with my life. Maybe give him a rude comment or 3 before hitting that ignore button.

11. boogyman19946

boogyman19946 IncGamers Member

hehe, I'm that incompetent guy :thumbup:

12. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

please tell us more about the situation so I recognize it when it makes the news

13. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Tell him to get a new set of brains.

14. stillman

stillman IncGamers Member

I have the answer!

Simply be aware of the fact that you are way better off than he is. Just knowing that you could have been born with his problems, but instead you are fortunate enough not to be him, should be far more rewarding than anything else. If you get a criminal record over this, then it is a win for him. Just be glad you are you and not cursed with utter stupidity.

Edit: hitting this person would be like murdering someone who is about to die of old age. Just wait, and something else will do the job for you.

15. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It's not your duty to convince him of the truth. Beating him up won't help at that anyway, so I guess it's just about making him shut up? Or making you the winner of something? Or getting satisfaction for his insults? The first can be achieved by throwing him out or calling the host or (in serious cases) the police for harrassing you.

Apart from that, you can make fun of him in return. If he freaks out and attacks you, well, there's nothing wrong with a few solid punches in self-defense.

16. Galabab

Galabab IncGamers Member

well, its one of my relatives so i wont explain the situation closer.
    Basicly I agree with the common oppinion that its a better idea to back off and avoid violence, but damn sometimes you just wont swallow an insult.
    Crazy thing that yesterday i went out for a walk with 2 friends and one one them got bumped into on the sidewalk by a teenage, drunk guy. My friend confronted him about his rude behavior and that teenage guy just went more and more crazy, yelling and getting in his face as hard as he could. So after this we discussed whether it would have been right to bust his face right there.

My oppinion is that it WOULD be right. I may not do it out of better judgement or fear but it would be damn right to seriously hurt that piece of ****. Im not a christian and I wont take any insults.

I know its stupid but its just that feeling of rightous fury that you get :D

17. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

You are arrogant. You are wrong. If you seriously consider beating anyone up, ever, you are out of your mind.

The only good it could do would be that it eases your urge for violence. Which you MUST control, at all times. Otherwise you are a danger to society and should be locked away.

There is noone and nothing stupid enugh to justify violence. NEVER EVER. Specialy not in a situation where you can just walk away. Get a grip on your desire for violence or go to a clinic before they lock you away.

18. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

Beat the person within an inch of their life.
    Then enjoy that feeling of "rightness" as you pay whatever fine you have to pay after getting out of jail.

It'll be worth it....really.

19. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Or, more succinctly:
    [​IMG]
    You're connecting the two instances in an invalid fashion. Drunk or not, many people use insane overreaction as a defense mechanism; people are innately fearful of those who appear unbalanced. Your contemplation of violence against your relative for the views they hold, OTOH, is simply wrong. Contemplating violence against someone for <acts> is a far cry from it being for their <words>.

20. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Not likely since we don't know what the situation is.