Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beating Duriel

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Eddie Teach, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Eddie Teach

Eddie Teach IncGamers Member

Beating Duriel

What is a good strategy to use for a lightning sentry specialized claw/claw assassin? He kills my merc(still a cold arrow rogue, should I level up a new one?) and my shadow too quickly to do much.

2. Chidori

Chidori IncGamers Member

When I played my trapsin, I noticed against certain bosses my traps didn't seem to do much damage even with LR wand. Duriel and Baal stand out for lightning traps with 9.5k traps, but I remember fireblast being decent on Baal.

3. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

It would help to know what other skills you have invested in and what their levels are as well as what gear you are using and your character level.

jrichard

4. Eddie Teach

Eddie Teach IncGamers Member

I'm level 27- have 1 pt in Shadow Warrior, 4 in Lightning Sentry, about 7 in charged bolt sentry, 3-4 in claw mastery and claw block, at least 1 point in most of the shadows and traps skills available. Gear is the best stuff I've come across basically- not much. Stuff like "Heavy gloves of thawing." One of my claws has a normal emerald and flawed sapphire(40 poison, 3-5 cold) the other is a unique which doesn't do quite as much damage.

5. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

Just fyi in case you ever build another pure trapsin, your pts into claw mastery and weapon block beyond the first one are not really needed. They'd have been better spent in fire blast and charged bolt sentry. At level 27, i usually have five into FB and 11 into CBS to go with the 4 into LS.

Anyway, back on topic. If you have a character capable of getting to act 4 normal or beyond, go shopping. Look for some +1 Assassin skills claws. They'd get your shadow to level 3 and she'd live longer for you. They'd also move you up to level 6 LS and level 3 FB. Gambling for a +1 traps ammy is also an option. I'd get the act 2 defensive merc to help hold duriel still longer so your traps can get a chance to do some damage. Stock up on mana pots. Enter the room, cast SW and a TP immediately. Lay five LS's and start spamming FB. Recast the Shadow as often as needed and take the tp back to town as often as you need to resurrect your merc and get more pots. It might take awhile, but you'll wear duriel down.

If you don't have a character who can get the claws, the same tactic will work it'll just take longer. Low level untwinked trapsins need patience more than anything.

jrichard