Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beastly ring?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Thirteenth, May 17, 2008.

1. Thirteenth

Thirteenth IncGamers Member

Beastly ring?

Got this last week:

11% Life Leech
    +15 Strength
    +11 Dexterity
    13% chance of open wounds
    +20% fire resist
    +35 life

and the motherload

13% chance to cast lvl 7 amplify damage!

Im planning to use it for my Zealer since it should deal with most of my PI problems so im asking, do i even need ONE point in Vengeance now? Im not that good on how many unbreakable PI's there are in game (running through all difficulties alone).

I faced the problem with losing my Raven Frost for this (since i want to keep my other ring with around +15 to all resists and +20 to dex and strength and a nice 8/8 double leech.) Im thinking of Ber-Cham my Crown of Ages since i think i have enough DR as it is with Chains of Honour, sting/verdungo im at 46% DR, dont think its worth using another Ber in the CoA since DR is capped at 50% and Amplify damage is KING in my experiences, it should trigger all the time with 4 fpa Zeal.

Or should i simply Ber-Ber CoA and go with Raven frost as 2nd ring? Ill lose some strength but i have spare stat points, i have life tap on my gloves and i think ill leech well enough with botd (when i get it), amp damage and my already huge 11% leech on ring and good physical damage.
    Would be throwing 4% DR in the lake though.

Note that i do not intend to do any kind of MF runs with this character, i may try ubers but i think ill switch to a Grief for that. Mainly im just thinking to complete the game (yes im that boring) and i want to be able to do it in 4-8 player games :undecided:

So; Ber-Ber and swap my 2nd ring into Raven

OR

Ber-Cham and get rid of the Raven in order to keep 8/8 leech with some resists and +str/dex

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Beastly ring?

This ring is impossible:

1. OW cannot spawn on any rare or magic items. It's not even got an affix name.

2. Amplify Damage cannot spawn either - at least not on rings.

If you really own this item on Battle.Net, it is hacked. If it is Single-player, then it's cheated in.

3. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

No idea how you got it (hope you didn't hack or anything), but you definitely won't need a point into Vengeance. Also I would stick with Raven + that ring since amp damage and CBF are very important. You can make up resists elsewhere.

4. Thirteenth

Friend gave it to me... hmmn, ima have to throw it away then. Ill stay with the original setup then. Thanks for telling me.

Isnt there an amulet with Amp damage on it? Maybe i could use that instead.

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  5. ProfessionalBerg

It's called Atma's Scarab. It has 5% ctc lvl 2 Amplify Damage. Required level 60. Check Arreat Summit.

6. Thirteenth

Could Atma's Scarab do the job? only 5% ctc and lacks the resists and skills that i can find on other ammies.

7. ProfessionalBerg

Personally, I'd not rely on it to do the work for you. Atma's Scarab is a blessing for physical Bowzons, but you are a Zealot, you get close and personal with enemies. I suggest you either get an elemental attack or ignore PI's completely.