Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beast worth it for Skellymancer?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by XchokeholdX, Oct 2, 2006.

1. XchokeholdX

XchokeholdX Banned

Beast worth it for Skellymancer?

So, made it into Hell with my 15 skellys...

Amp, might from my merc, and Concentration from his Pride poleaxe makes short work of minions, I have no trouble at all in A1.

Amp+CE is incredible...

now, onto my next goal...I want to be a Axe-Gang member, with the Beast runeword in an ettin axe, to give my skellies Fana aura.

questions:

when I switch from Arm of king leoric to my Beast axe, will I lose the exta summons?

Is the 9 Fana aura worth it in the end? I dont want to spend some Hr´s on a minor effect...

thx

AXE, AXE, AXE!!!

2. aazjazz

aazjazz IncGamers Member

Wow. Isn't that a little overkill? I have lvl 27 SK/SM with just a might merc and casting amp/CE and I get through all areas, except those with the spear cats and burning archers, easily enough.

I run on solo though so if you are talking about 4players and above game, then its a different ballgame altogether. I think the effectiveness of my skellies drop drastically after more than 3 players in a game and I tend to really rely on teamwork to get through since my lvl 27 skellies would take a helluva long time to kill em all

3. XchokeholdX

XchokeholdX Banned

Yeah, that´s what I am afraid of, that it is overkill, just like a 17K hammerdin is.

thanks for your support. I´ll save the Hr´s for another project..

4. HorseGuts

HorseGuts IncGamers Member

hmm the lvl 9 fanatacism only grants your party 91% ed if i'm correct.

BUT!! you do get some faster swinging skeletons..

However, you lose some when u take off leoric.. :(

it's all on preference. I personally use leoric. 18 skellies, 18 magi. and if i wanted i can set myself up with 19 skellies / 18magi mwuahaha!~!

lol

that would be just too overkill though.. i have like lvl 51 Skeli, or mastery can't remember.. one of em is 2 lvls higher.

5. zaempe

zaempe IncGamers Member

imho the fana aura itself is worth getting beast. the damage is not that drastically increased, granted, but the faster attack rate is well worth.

6. jbarlak

jbarlak IncGamers Member

Just make sure you dont cast the wearskill or no more hiring new skellies or even casting Amp Damage.
    That is the only drawback, because why use the runeword if you can't use its full potential.
    Thank you
    John B.

7. ilovesoda

ilovesoda IncGamers Member

Casting amp won't cause your skeletons to die or something:)

8. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat IncGamers Member

It depends what you want your summoner to do. If you want him to be viable in hell then beast isn't needed. If he is going to be your "go to" guy when you need to do something hard then beast isn't a waste. I would look to carry something different than AoKL as the bone prison is a pain.

9. jbarlak

jbarlak IncGamers Member

When you are in Bear form you can only use the Bear skills of the Druid Skill Tree. So that means on casting amp damage which is a big help.

10. Frundsmb

Frundsmb IncGamers Member

When I had a summoner, I would use my CTA to do Battle Command for the extra skills, then I would raise 16 skeletons and 16 skeletal mages (although I could have risen 18 - 19 of each) with an AoKL equipped.

Then I would switch to CTA again, use Battle Orders, then swap my AoKL with my Beast. When my battle orders ran out, I would weapon switch to CTA and use BO again, then back to Beast.

When I used my Beast or CTA, only 16 skeletons and 16 mages would remain, which is why I only bothered to revive 16 of each in the first place.

If I started to play a Summoner again, I would without a doubt use Beast.