Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beast Tamer build?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Pherdnut, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Beast Tamer build?

I've been thinking. Between Oath and Wolf Howl, you could have 3 Dire Wolves, an Iron Golem, and a Heart of Wolverine, although I'd prefer the Clay Golem for it's slowing ability which can be had from Stone. These should be pretty beefed up with the warcries and the extra tank minions will do a lot to help keep the HoW alive which would be the whole point since it gives a pretty sweet ED bonus. Hell, let's get a carrion Wind on this guy so he can have a poison creeper too.

2. riplix

riplix IncGamers Member

sounds like fun and is pretty affordable too :)
    repairing all those charges could be tough though.

beast could add a grizzly instead of wolves and a sweet aura boost for summons. or crecent moon on switch for dire wolves.

3. Wundagore

Wundagore IncGamers Member

In my experience if u summon something from a weapon ( oath for example ) and u switch for an other weapon or echoing javs the summoned ones will vanish

4. Pherdnut

Well, the HoW could be secured by putting Wisp Projector on but you wouldn't necessarily have to swith an Oath out if you roll a decent one. And beast can always go on your other hand slot so you could choose between bear and wolves if you wanted to.

Not sure about the others, but Clay Golem charges should be dirt cheap since that's only a lvl 6 skill. Also, I think these skills will all synergize each other where appropriate. Beast + Oath might actually give those Dire Wolves some sting between the aura and passive bear synegy to damage (I'd prefer wolves for maintaining more targets to keep enemies less focused on the HoW).

Crescent Moon might be a better choice since the Spirit Wolves will be more survivable than usual with BO and provide even more targets. That and the teleport thing they do is really cool.

5. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Magi_Barb otherwise known as the summoner and fire barbs.

Yes when you switch off the weapon you will lose the slvl thus lose the summon created, infact if you enter and exit a trade window the game re-equips your character and you'll lose the summon as well.

The synergies add in with the charge synergy bug, so having crescant moon and beast together makes for very nice dire wolf companions. Also adding stone and bloodmoon on the switch gives you a nice 3005 base life clay golem with all the appropriate auras. :)

Clay golem is slvl 16 from stone and the charge cost 48xx gold per cast no matter what armor you put stone in, less of course superior armors, which you won't need anyways. Best choice is a dusk shroud cheap, dirty, effective, and cool looking.

6. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

u could do search for garbad's 'gunther the wannabe dr00d guide'

-jordy :king:

7. Pherdnut

Figures that Garbad already tried it. I'll bet they didn't have Oath when he wrote it though. That's my real intention here. To get lots of Tanks for distracting enemies to keep the minions divided so they don't all surround the HoW and kill it in 2 seconds