Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beast Runeword on Smiter

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by bioelectricity, Feb 6, 2004.

1. bioelectricity

bioelectricity IncGamers Member

Beast Runeword on Smiter

Hi all

I was thinking about using Beast on my PVP Smiter for its level 9 fanatism aura. The gears are typicall standard Smiter setup and the only difference would be replacing Silence Phase Blade with Beast Phase Blade and replacing Fanatism with Concentration.

I'm pretty sure that a Beast PB with level 9 Fanatism can solve all the IAS problem and the added damage from Fanatism on Beast can further boost the overall damage output dealt by smite, not to mention the 20% uninterruptible(???, my bad spelling) attack brought by Concentration.

The drawback of this setup is you'll lose 2 additional skills from Silence. I'm not sure if (level 9 fanatism + concentration) can do more damage or(fanatism + 2 additional skills from Silence) does better. If any of you have tried this before, please share your experience with us, thanks in advance.

Bio

2. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Problem: Beast only works in scepters/hammers/axes.

3. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

True, but its not really an issue. An elite caudaucus has -10 speed, and can spawn with mods like +3 to HS, Smite or whatever. Makes up for the slightly slower speed then phase blade in terms of added dmg from those skills, IMO.

4. DarKAzNKiD

DarKAzNKiD IncGamers Member

i dont think a lvl 9 fana will solve ALL of your ias....basically you wont be gettin the 35 ias from a lvl 20 fana...so you are goin to hafta add some ias jewels are wear some ias gear...

5. bioelectricity

bioelectricity IncGamers Member

thanks guys for your input. So do you think a Beast can beat Silence PB in terms of damage?

Bio