Beast Runeword any good for a Skelemancer?

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Beast Runeword any good for a Skelemancer?

It's for just a plain Summoner. Not a melee summoner or anything. Would the +damage and IAS and AR from the Fanaticism Aura be better than a King of Arm Leoric Wand?

Thanks.

xtc_sazabi

Diabloii.Net Member
i tried something like that. I found that the mods on the Arm were just too good to sacrifice. If you want more damage, just use a might merc. I didn't really see any increase in attack speed with the beast, and if theere was any, it wasn't signifigant. Leoric adds like +5 to RS, and +5 to SM. and adds to Mage too. Arm is the best choice for summoners in my opinion

somewhatdamaged99

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi,

I politely disagree :)

IMO the beast runeword is far superior to the Arm with the skeletons increased attack speed and increased damage.

I say this a lot but why not just summon skells with arm on weapon switch, then change to beast?

Somewhatdamaged (beast using skellimancer :) )

Hex

Diabloii.Net Member
why not do this...get an superior ethreal ghost spear or something like that with 5 sockets....then make beast and put it on your might merc! viola! the problem is solved because you have 2 auras coming form the merc that stacks and helps your merc and your skeles!!

JoJeck

Diabloii.Net Member
Hex said:
why not do this...get an superior ethreal ghost spear or something like that with 5 sockets....then make beast and put it on your might merc! viola! the problem is solved because you have 2 auras coming form the merc that stacks and helps your merc and your skeles!!
Is a Ghost Spear a "5 Socket Axes/Scepters/Hammers" that the Beast word requires? :scratch: Don't think so.

Beast is great for skellies with level 9 fanaticism giving a 29% IAS to you, your Merc and skellies. Not sure how much faster that makes them actually attack in frame rates or anything technical but it should work. Your skellies and Merc also get a 93% boost to their base damage which adds to any boost from your Might Merc. For comparison a level 75 Might Merc gives a 180% damage boost so having both gives you sort of 1 and 1/2 Might Mercs :lol: .

I'd say it is better that the Arm of King Leoric without the danger of getting imprisoned and as already pointed out you can have the arm on swith with a + 3 summoning head for buffed skellies.

TheKbob

Diabloii.Net Member
Ahem

I might be the first, last, or middle :uhhuh: diffinitive word on this as the creator of the Commando.

Yes, I understand your plight of deciding, but as most people say, Beast far supasses Arm of King Leoric. I suggest using arm as the "Buffer" Item, or summon your skeletons with this because it will lock their "Mods" such as dmg, ar, def and life on summoning. Then switch to your Beast weapon (and I suggest if You are making it, put it in either Bezerker, Caddy, or Ettin, just for re-sale value).

One thing people didn't seem to mention as much was the AR boost. More damage and more speed are all well and good in their own rights, but the AR boost + the other 2 make it king. Your skeles swing more, do more damage, and Connect more.

Also, using beast, You could even sacrifice off your might merc for Defiance, so your skeles can't get hit, or prayer, which pumps up their already huge regen rate to the point of almost invincibility, the only thing causing death then is Iron Maiden. Good combo Prayer Merc (or might) Coupled with Bramble so whether your skeles are hitting or getting hit, damage is still getting delt.

I do not highly suggest using Doom runeword or Holy Freeze Merc just because it's REALLY hard to get that army started with the fact you can't summon off of ice cubes :lol:

Good luck to yah :drink:

~Kb :drool: b

iceball_aarf

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, but TheKBob, HF doesn´t shatters all the bodies, just an small % of those... are you sure that it isn´t worth it?....

JoJeck

Diabloii.Net Member
A HF merc works great with a Necro, especially a poison one, as he slows the action down and only about 25% of corpses shatter. And if Skeleton Mages are used they chill the monsters and some shatter anyway. It's just annoying when you really need a corpse for a skellie or to CE that is the one that shatters :lol: .

cascius

Banned
well to get you started, just go to nihlahka's temple and summon your army before the revive kicks in. I usually get 12-14 summons in that time frame which is more than enough to rock the place.

-Cas

Hex

Diabloii.Net Member
my intentions were good...*sigh* well go with beast/lidless on switch from arm of leoric/homun (or whatever shield you use) as +class skills doesnt work from the lvl 9. its the thought that counts right?

*edit* why not do defiance merc with a doom runeword?? you got slow and defnse for ur skeles plus you can have fanat...super army o_O

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Dang, now there's so many weapons and not enough weapons switched, lol. I was thinking of having Call to Arms in the second weapon switch, and in the first slot, have a Gull Dagger or something. Now I need 2 mroe weapon switches for Arm of King Leoric/Homo shield, and Beast with Lidless, lol.

TheKbob

Diabloii.Net Member
Beast + Homun for everyday use is my choice. The + skills will help cursing and any on the spot resummoning. Add in the great res, mana, and block, you can see that it stomps lidless. Get 2 Homuns. :lol:

~Kbob