Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beast Cadaceus Paladin?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by assmuffin, Mar 29, 2004.

1. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

Beast Cadaceus Paladin?

I recently made a Beast Caduceus with intention of using it on my Avenger, but it has only about 150 max damage. The avenger is only level 22 so I can't do much testing with different weapons. Is this viable in hell if I max Conviction, and the 3 Resist Auras? Or should I switch to making a Frostadin/Tesladin?

2. jart

jart IncGamers Member

My advice would be to stick with your idea.

Remember that one of the beauties of a caddy is the very consistent dmg that it does. A very close min and max (Base dmg of 37-43) still results in an average of 40, which is very respectable for a -10 speed weap. However, it doesn't make for the most exciting of max damages, as you have discovered (eg. compare to cryptic sword with the same speed speed and a similar av dmg of 41, but base dmg is 5-77 --> huge possible max dmg, but the very low min - evens it out).

So, stick with your idea and trust that you will still be able to lay down some pretty serious CONSISTENT smackdown with your beast caddy. :)

3. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

well the weapon also has implications if you wanted to make a defiant vindicator or hammer/vindi with conc as your main aura and hammers to back up your smite, any kind of smiter where you wanted an aura other than fanaticism and then used beast to speed your smite attack

its also a popular weapon for particular necromancer builds

4. steve2677

steve2677 IncGamers Member

I dont know what youre intention is pvp or pvm but holy freeze and fanat would pwn hell to a point it would be cruel. For pvp i do what ash said above:D Beast is a beauty of a weapon as i have seen in many recent duels involving a necro and his teleporting minions >.<.

5. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

That necro idea sounds like a good time, I think I'll throw some better items on my retired skellimancer until my Avenger gets to 66 to use the Beast, and see how the skellies like a Fanaticism Aura.