BEAST berserker axe break points ??

mr_sQuinty

Diabloii.Net Member
BEAST berserker axe break points ??

how much IAS do i need from other items ??

(on weapon :40%+29%(from BEAST fanaticism aura) )

as an Paladin

Amiral

Diabloii.Net Member
to reach with normal skills:
ias fps aps
0 % 11 2.2
9 % 10 2.5
26 % 9 2.7
56 % 8 3.1

with zeal:
ias fps aps
0 % 6 4.1
14 % 5 5
75 % 4 6.2

mr_sQuinty

Diabloii.Net Member
Amiral said:
to reach with normal skills:
ias fps aps
0 % 11 2.2
9 % 10 2.5
26 % 9 2.7
56 % 8 3.1

with zeal:
ias fps aps
0 % 6 4.1
14 % 5 5
75 % 4 6.2
sorry but that table seems to be wrong...

with a watch in my hand a counted the hits i made , and there was NO differance between +20 and +40% IAS , for a normal attack

Daevren

Diabloii.Net Member
I think I saw someone say that it gives you a attack every 8 frames, without any other items. That is the fastest right? I don't know if its true.

I do know its too bad you can't put beast in a polearm and use it on your merc with a bowazon.

Stormie

Diabloii.Net Member
mr_sQuinty said:
how much IAS do i need from other items ??

(on weapon :40%+29%(from BEAST fanaticism aura) )

as an Paladin
By my reckoning:

For normal attacks: 40 IAS + 29 SIAS from Fanaticism gives 9fpa, you need 16 more IAS to boost this to 8fpa.

For Zeal attacks: 40 IAS + 29 SIAS from Fanaticism gives 5fpa, you need 35 more IAS to boost this to 4fpa.

You can use http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english to calculate these, and check other stuff. For instance, I don't know if +skills gear applies to the Fanaticism aura from the Beast runeword, but if it does, a couple of points of +skills gear could be quite useful.

Stormie

Diabloii.Net Member
Daevren said:
I think I saw someone say that it gives you a attack every 8 frames, without any other items. That is the fastest right? I don't know if its true.
Not with a berserker axe. You'd need a weapon with base speed of -10 or faster to get 8fpa with Beast and nothing else.