Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beast!! 4 skelemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by sugnut, Feb 4, 2004.

1. sugnut

sugnut IncGamers Member

Beast!! 4 skelemancer

hi all!
    i have a few items and i really wanna trade for beast or even mal/ber rune
    but i dont really know what they are worth so i dont wanna get ripped off

can anyone give me ideas of items u can trade for
    i have
    - 1 soj
    - carrion ring
    - rainbow facet jewel (40% nova or some ****)
    - and a few diff uniques
    - 2x are of leoric
    i really have no clue if im getting ripped off or im ripping them off
    plez help i have no idea
    maybe i shouuld just stick to leoric???

2. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

While it is tempting to stick a Beast weapon on yourself, I'd sugguest using Arm of King Leoric for everyday slaughter. Too bad there's no way to get a merc, esp. a Might merc, to use one of these things.

3. Dr4kan

Dr4kan IncGamers Member

for aura stacking u might consider(if rich ofc) to use bramble in a high defense armor for the thorns aura, as well as, doom in a nice ethereal giant thresher/thresher etc for the holy freeze effect, this way u can have all 3 auras active at once for a very nice combination for a skelemancer, but this would be for the top end players with acces to the high end runes and so i suggest that u try to use what u can find/get. Personally i have yet to make a skelemancer,(tho might make one today) then id been thinking about using a shaft, crown of thieves if i can find one, and a bonehew tho dont know what to sock in it, an amn+shael maybe? or if i jus go all out leech on him with 2 amn? but i think. As for the beast u might not want to use it on ur necro, id say better get a doom instead or jus not getting it at all, jus keep using ur leoric or whatever u are using, tho i think bramble+doom would be a nice combo they are not for the poor :(

4. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

BAH!... Cmon people get with it:

Commando Mancer Guide

Beast > Arm of King Leoric any day. If Arm even raises the skele damage a little more, it would still dwarf 2 other bonus' of Beast: +AR% and +IAS%.

Your skeletons swing faster and hit more, and last time I checked more hits and they hit is good. I have a beast on my Commando and I love it. Now you don't have to go melee with him, though, you can just go summoner. For a straight Summoner, here is what I would suggest:

Beast Weapon
    Enigma (Still very good for stacking skeles)
    Shako
    Homun
    Arachnids Sash
    Wisp Projector // Soj
    Marrowwalks
    Trang's Gloves
    Mara's

Switch
    Call to Arm
    Lidless Wall

Merc (might)
    Bramble
    Ber .08 or .09(perfect) Gaze
    Crescent Moon Weapon

That's what I would do. I almost there with Commando. He has a bit different gear because he is melee, but still about the same and his skeles own up.

Here is something nice Shade told me though:

Have Arm in inventory, pop it up to summon your army because the stats you summon at lock. Then Switch back to beast. You get the best of both worlds then.

In Final: Beast owns, get it, use it, brandish it proudly.

~Kbob

5. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

go with Kbob's suggestion, he's no n00b. however, to answer the more trade-related question of what you have to trade for mal and ber... I'd have to know whether it's ladder, non-ladder, east, west, etc. if its' ladder, I can help ya out. But since this is technically discussing trading, and since we're only supposed to do that in the trade forums... just drop me a PM telling me ladder/nonladder and realm, and i'll tell you what I know about trading for mal + ber there.

good luck in getting your beast weapon!

--fatty

6. sugnut

sugnut IncGamers Member

Thanx for ur replies guys!
    Hi fatty, yeah ur right not the answers i was looking for, but it was actually some very useful replies people gave on equipment gear and stuff which i was gonna post lately

Judging by Kbobs enthusiasm on beast now i want it even more!!
    by the way its a ladder char

Im begining to love using necro so i wanna give him as good equipment as possible so yeah and auras are soo cooll

On equipment im using

Undead Crown
    2x Arm of leoric
    Arachnids Sash
    Carrion // Soj
    Lidless // Storm shield (argh when will i find the prized homunculous)
    Trang's Gloves
    Eye of Etlich
    Sand storm boots ( only boots i have needmarrow walks)

Merc (might)
    I dun even wanna discuss that

But his not doing too bad in hell but surely and slowly gettting there i fink beast will make him pretty neat though

7. Nxla

Nxla IncGamers Member

What is a Beast worth btw?

8. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Not true. They may lock for a few seconds, but the code does checks every now and then to update your summon's stats to your current stats on the skills.

This is definately true with skeleton warriors. You can test this by having +skeleton skills on a wand, and the doing a weapon switch. Your extra skeletons will die off once the game does a gear check (it either happens right away or takes about 30-60 seconds).

This is also most likely true with mages (untested), and is true with druid wolves and the bear (tested) - however druid spirits are exempt from what I've heard.

I'm unsure about golems/valkyrie/shadows.

9. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

naa the lvl 9 fana gives 93%ed and 29%ias which is waaaaaay better than +5 skele mastery and +5 raise skele (maybe u will lose a skele or 2) but if youre rich enough to have that, 18 skeles gets a bit crowded anyway cos most of em cant attack anythin