Bearadin???

fattymcchubs

Diabloii.Net Member
Bearadin???

im bored of all the classic character builds. and thought of making a bearadin (if such things exist)

my idea:

bear and holy shield stack defense

use fanat as aura. max holy shield/def/fanat/???

use beast and spirit on switch for shifting to bear.

then have maybe a grief pb/zerk and exile

other gear is basic melee equip.

any ideas/opinions on this. (really have no idea on the grief for my wep, i need the most help here. wut other suggestions do u guys have.)

-chubs

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member
I had one back in 1.10 I used beast+lidless (spirit didnt exist yet) for prebuff and botd ba+non-eth exile as my main items and I must say it was fun as hell, I would suggest you to try it out :prop:

as for skills I did this:
max holy shield (def)
max defiance (even more def)
max fanaticism (ias/ar/dmg)
max blessed aim (hidden ar bonus, 5% per lvl, so 20% extra ar)
rest into res auras/redemption etc, depends what u need..

since there are so many new runewords one option would also be this:
max holy shield
max defiance
max fanaticism
max res light
rest into salvation (or max it and rest into defiance)

and use duel dreams for damage boost, then you should be able to kill everything w/o immune to phys and light

damn, all this made me think, maybe I should make one too :scratch:

Edit: as for wep botd pb or grief pb would be the best I think they are teh fastest!

:shocked:
*priit2

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're bound and determined to go all dupetastic, a Dual-Dream Werebear would far outdamage any Fanaticism running Werebear. It wouldn't even be close. I mean, all that lightning damage plus a 4-frame attack... yikes. A Shael/Shael/Shael/Facet/Facet/Facet PB will hit 4 frames, and since Holy Shock gets the double-mastery bonus, those Facets will add 30% to the synergized Holy Shock damage.

Dahmer

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're bound and determined to go all dupetastic, a Dual-Dream Werebear would far outdamage any Fanaticism running Werebear. It wouldn't even be close. I mean, all that lightning damage plus a 4-frame attack... yikes. A Shael/Shael/Shael/Facet/Facet/Facet PB will hit 4 frames, and since Holy Shock gets the double-mastery bonus, those Facets will add 30% to the synergized Holy Shock damage.
hmm, sounds like a great idea but ehm (sorry for sounding like a newbie) how would you stay alive on a melee char that has almost no melee damage, needs decent amount of dex for max block and would end up not having that much vit?

add to that you also cant really think of using life tap to heal yourself since the confuse will overwrite it too much and no melee dmg equals no healing

ps :
i'm not a critic, i'm just curious because it looks fun to try

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
As an ordinary Dreamer does just fine without leech I'm quite sure a Dreambear does that aswell.

Then comes the question whether a dreambear pala or a dreambear sorc is the best...

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm, sounds like a great idea but ehm (sorry for sounding like a newbie) how would you stay alive on a melee char that has almost no melee damage, needs decent amount of dex for max block and would end up not having that much vit?

add to that you also cant really think of using life tap to heal yourself since the confuse will overwrite it too much and no melee dmg equals no healing

ps :
i'm not a critic, i'm just curious because it looks fun to try
draculs have life leech too, and thats enough, I would go with grief pb or botd tho...

life leech ring is always an option

*priit2

Dahmer

Diabloii.Net Member
life leech doesnt work when physical dmg is incredibly low
grief doesnt have enough ias to hit 4fpa
botd pb might work but got no experience with bearpaladin so dont know *hoping for some wise words from ssog* :D

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member
botd pb might work but got no experience with bearpaladin so dont know *hoping for some wise words from ssog* :D
depends what do you mean by incredibly low, phys will be atleast 1k, also dreams cast confuse only when struck so its mainly lifetap, unless ur just there to run around in the pack of monsters..:brainiac:

*priit2

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Max Holy Shield, max Defiance, hire a Defiant Merc, max block, max resists. That'll handle the majority of damage coming your way. Put a handful of points into Redemption and switch to it for an instant-purple effect. Don't forget that you're actually allowed to drink the red stuff, still, too. They're even shoppable! I usually just devote 3 belt rows to healing pots and 1 to purples (mana pots are pointless since you're just using normal attack here). I'll burn through the red pots pretty quickly, but whenever I'm in town for repairs I restock.

I've made tons of melee attackers that have pathetic physical and leech (Conviction Zealot, anyone?)- the key is to remember that you're smart and monsters are dumb. Use herding strategies to keep yourself from getting swarmed. Let the monsters engage with your merc. Also, Lifetap will still work- sure, it'll get overridden by Confusion, but if the Confusion goes off you won't need the lifetap anyway, since enemies will stop attacking you and start attacking each other.