Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bear or Wolves summon - PVM Fury

Discussion in 'Druid' started by sbn, Jun 19, 2008.

1. sbn

sbn IncGamers Member

Bear or Wolves summon - PVM Fury

I have a Fury druid (PVM) with an Act2 Merc. Right now I can either max out a bear or wolves. I imagine I would use Dire wolf. I know bears are really good tanks, but it has been a while since I did wolves. I would have about a lvl 32 wolf. My question is this, although bears are tanks, at lvl 32 will the wolves stay alive? If I go out to the River of Flame will I need to be constantly summoning them?

I thought 3 wolves would be good idea over a bear as more summons will occupy more creatures when there is a swarm of them.

2. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Re: Bear or Wolves summon - PVM Fury

Three Dire Wolves, especially maxed with Oak Sage, have a ton of staying power, and any deficiency in their tanking ability you can cover, especially if you have a nice beat stick. Without pts/max Grizzly, they won't do a lot of damage, but maxing Dire Wolf means they'll have a ton of life (and if you have a CtA, they'll be nigh invincible to just about everything).

3. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Wolves .

4. trafalgar-zero

trafalgar-zero IncGamers Member

Level 32 Wolves have 906-1202 Life
    Now assume for some reason you wanted one point in grizzly bear with your level 20 Dire Wolves
    Level 13 Bear (I'm assuming +12 summon skills) has 5087-6937 Life.

The thing is that your summons resistance depends on level. So although the bear looks like a great tank (and they do draw aggro like mad) It would lack resistance, while the wolves would although have a lower life but benefit from more resistance. "Summons gain 5% resist all for each point with a max of 85%. For example a level 11 Grizzly would have (11-1)*5 = 50% resist all" Thanks Lothric.

I believe wolves as well, I just wanted to justify it more then simply telling you to do something.

Your friendly [EHCL] Shock Summoner Trafalgar