Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bear Or Wolf???

Discussion in 'Druid' started by D2Freak91776, Apr 11, 2005.

1. D2Freak91776

D2Freak91776 IncGamers Member

Bear Or Wolf???

Recently saw a rabies/fury wolf owning in pubs and decided to make a druid. I was thinking about a werewolf and then I wondered if a werebear can be as good as werewolf. I am leaning towards rabies/fury or fire claw/maul. I am semi rich so getting good gear isn't a problem. Should I go for the big raw damage or the speedy poison? I have never had any experience dealing with werebears so which is better?

2. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

stick with a fury/rabies wolf. its easier to learn and cheaper to gear. You have to be *very* rich to gear a bear properly, and even with ultimate gear, they are still extremely hard to win with.

--welt

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

He's right.

4. jepspi

jepspi IncGamers Member

Well, it all comes down to what kind of style you prefer.

The werewolf gives you that nice clump of damage that paladins seem to lack.
    The werebear gives you that unparalleled speed that no other character provides (with the right equipment of course).

Lifeleech is the key to making a successful melee character. I have no clue as to what the market prices are now since I have stopped playing the game 3 or 4 years ago. From my knowledge, every single stat and skill point is important and you should have a firm head on what to do before you try to make a character. Assuming you know your left from your right, I wouldn't bother getting into detail about what equipments to use to get 75% DR.

Don't bother using poison, it sucks and it's cheap. Limit yourself to one elemental damage (preferably lightning) since I hope you will use the Highlord's Wrath amulet.

5. TheGreatDivorce

TheGreatDivorce IncGamers Member

Lifeleach does nothing.

DR max is 50%.

6. jepspi

jepspi IncGamers Member

Are you serious?

Lifeleech does NOTHING? It would help if you elaborated on that because being gone for so long I haven't kept up with the updates.

Damn! DR is now down to 50%? Well thats one big good news :mad: