Bear assassin

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
Bear assassin

I'm trying to make the best balance between AR/Life gc's and Shadow lifers

if I go all shadow lifers, I'm afraid my ar's going to blow

I'm using a 3x sheal artisans greater talons of quickness, so I'm hitting 2 frames with my venom, and it's working well

just wondering if anyone here knows what I should aim for AR wise for such a fast hitting bearsin

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
The higher the better. If you use Angelics, that won't be a problem with your Shadow claws (since they boost Claw Mastery in addition to other fun stuff).

What are you using it for, by the way?

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
The higher the better. If you use Angelics, that won't be a problem with your Shadow claws (since they boost Claw Mastery in addition to other fun stuff).

What are you using it for, by the way?
PVP

I'm thinking maybe like 4 good high 40+ shadow lifers and then 40 life 120+ ar gc's the other 5

I have a nice visionary mod helm, so the higher my base ar the better boost it will give

ALSO: Fade, when it says +30 to all or something, means even +30 to physical damage resists right?

Frankeinstein

Diabloii.Net Member
PvP... don't know much about it, but I've had similar ideas. Fade's Resist All is the same as the Resist All mods you find on other equipment - it only affects fire, lit, cold, poison. Fade's physical reduction is 1% per level.

There is an older topic you might find useful. http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=255885
does fade cap out at 20% or does it keep going up as you add + skill items. Is there a target % you should try to hit or the more the better.

Fade does not effect attack speed, just r/w... right?

Interesting, I traded for a beast pally sceptor the other day. Would a assy be able to pick it up or would it be just for pally. I doen'y care that I can't use the pally skills on it. But would a SW be able to use any skill off an item I am wearing I can't use.

I noticed lightning strikes while using Tgods belt. did'nt think I could use that. Seemed to be a passive skill.

BTW, sorry if I got off topic. You seemed to raise some interesting questions about this build.

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
does fade cap out at 20% or does it keep going up as you add + skill items. Is there a target % you should try to hit or the more the better.

Fade does not effect attack speed, just r/w... right?

Interesting, I traded for a beast pally sceptor the other day. Would a assy be able to pick it up or would it be just for pally. I doen'y care that I can't use the pally skills on it. But would a SW be able to use any skill off an item I am wearing I can't use.

I noticed lightning strikes while using Tgods belt. did'nt think I could use that. Seemed to be a passive skill.

BTW, sorry if I got off topic. You seemed to raise some interesting questions about this build.
Fade doesn't affect your r/w or speed

that's burst of speed

and youc an't use both at the same time

a brick

Diabloii.Net Member
Why not go with c/s:

skills:
20-venom
20-claw mastery
20-shadow master
1-blade shield
20-BoS or Fade (BoS if it affects attack speed, b/c you can easily get dr from ss or something.

Gear:
Fury claw(?) with +3 venom
bramble
2/30 frw circ (?)
ss, or other shield
trangs
ravens
(ammy?)
dungos(?)
gores(?)
beast switch

just an idea, cus it gives you more stuff to max along with ds and ar from claw mastery.

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
Fade is based on the casting level - it reduces past 20.

BoS affects r/w and attack speed (for just about anything other than a bear)

You can wear Beast in a Caddy (or the normal/exceptional version of it). Shields are the pally item (like heads are the Necro item, but they are also usually using wands).

The Shadows cannot get OSkills.

order

Diabloii.Net Member
im pretty sure clawblock does not work in bear form. you might as well try a 6soc phase and go for 5shael + um rune or whatever combo will get you to 2frame attack speed. this would allow you to use a ss for blocking and DR.

also any shifter needs adequate frw. i would maybe suggest maybe buffing with bramble and swaping it for an enigma. the half half split on charms would probably work the best for you. as for visonary make sure you ar is high enough so the visonary mod on your circlet is worth it. id say try for about 15k ar.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
You have to go claw/sheild for 2 frames anyway, something about the second claw messes it up. So yes, claw block is pointless for a 2 frame attack sin.

order

Diabloii.Net Member
instead of a gt or runic claw the 6soc phase would provide more benefits since ow or res or whatever is needed could be added to the extra socket.

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
instead of a gt or runic claw the 6soc phase would provide more benefits since ow or res or whatever is needed could be added to the extra socket.
No, this is completely retarded

phase blades are so much slower than my claw it's not funny

SmiterMcZealot

Diabloii.Net Member
phase blades are tied for base weapon speed with gts/runics. As phase blades can have 6 sockets which can be shael'ed to taste, there is nothing faster than a phase blade. He is completely correct.

Your ArtGT of quickness has a base speed of 30 modified by 40(quickness) and 60 (3x shael). Total speed of -130.

A 6socket phase blade has a base speed of -30 as well. With 5x shael, that is -130 for the 2fpa, and one socket open for an um rune. Alternatively, you can use one less shael and 2x 15ias/AR jewels for more AR.

The only problem is that claw mastery does not apply to phase blades, and phases have 57 more dex required than GTs. So, 25% OW or whatever versus claw mastery and 57 stats points. You're probably justified in staying with the claw, but the phase blades are actually *faster* than your claw.

SuperGayParade

Diabloii.Net Member
sins morphed into bears have special rules with weapon speeds. his claw will always be faster than any phase blade, end of story. someone on Amazon Basin's assassin forum made the 2fps guide so I'm sure you're familiar with it. Shield block with bear is mighty slow so I'd take that into account.

otherwise, have fun showing it off!

bobofuzzlymunky

Diabloii.Net Member
phase blades are tied for base weapon speed with gts/runics. As phase blades can have 6 sockets which can be shael'ed to taste, there is nothing faster than a phase blade. He is completely correct.

Your ArtGT of quickness has a base speed of 30 modified by 40(quickness) and 60 (3x shael). Total speed of -130.

A 6socket phase blade has a base speed of -30 as well. With 5x shael, that is -130 for the 2fpa, and one socket open for an um rune. Alternatively, you can use one less shael and 2x 15ias/AR jewels for more AR.

The only problem is that claw mastery does not apply to phase blades, and phases have 57 more dex required than GTs. So, 25% OW or whatever versus claw mastery and 57 stats points. You're probably justified in staying with the claw, but the phase blades are actually *faster* than your claw.

wrong. period. assassins (no matter what is displayed) have a faster attack speed with the GT or RT then with the pb, you can 6 shael the pb and the sin would still only hit 4fpa. i already discussed this over with sera when she had hers...

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member

Methinks you have been playing Paladins or Barbarians too much. Different attacks tend to use different rules. For many attacks, the base type doesn't make a difference and it's all about base speed and IAS. For Whirlwind, only the weapon type, base speed, and IAS on the wapon matters.

For wereform attacks, the speed is very tied to the type of weapon. For example, on a Druid shifter the -60 speed Crossbow with 6 shaels is slower than a -10 speed bow with 4 shaels (use the calculator).

Claws happen to be incredibly fast on an Assassin (due to a speed rating not displayed in-game or on the Arreat Summit). The Runic/Greater Talons are the only way to reach a 2-frame attack, and only when they have lots of IAS on them.

wizAdept

Diabloii.Net Member
For so much paperwork Ive seen on bear assassins, I have yet to see any competent one on realm. =\

Anyone on east nl have one they think is gg?