Be careful what you say

StAlbion

Diabloii.Net Member
Be careful what you say

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=aVpJWbr6YesA&refer=home

This is the text that the FBI made themselves look foolish over

Listen: On Sunday, October 22nd, 2006, there will be seven "dirty" explosive devices detonated in seven different U.S. cities; Miami, New York City, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland. The death toll will approach 100,000 from the initial blasts and countless other fatalities will later occur as result from radioactive fallout.

The bombs themselves will be delivered via trucks. These trucks will pull up to stadiums hosting NFL games in each respective city. All stadiums to be targeted are open air arenas, excluding Atlanta\'s Georgia Dome, the only enclosed stadium to be hit. Due to the open air, the radiological fallout will destroy those not killed in the initial explosion.

The explosions will be near simultaneous, with the cities specifically chosen in different time zones to allow for multiple attacks at the same time. The 22nd of October will mark the final day of Ramadan as it would fall in Mecca. Al-Qaida will automatically be blamed for the attacks. Later, through Al-Jazeera, Osama bin Laden will issue a video message claiming responsibility for what he dubs "America's Hiroshima".

In the aftermath civil wars will erupt across the world, both in the Middle East and within the United States. Global economies will screech to a halt. General chaos will rule

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Jake J. Brahm gets what he deserves, you don't do this type of crap ever, especially post 9/11

``For Mr. Brahm, this is the big league,'' said Leslie Wiser, special agent in charge of the FBI's New Jersey office, said at the news conference. ``Don't mess with football.''
So a threat of this magnitude even if it proved to be false, is alright as long as it dosent include football? there are so many things wrong with that.

or did they misquote him to attempt to make the paragraph humorous?

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
Jake J. Brahm gets what he deserves, you don't do this type of crap ever, especially post 9/11

So a threat of this magnitude even if it proved to be false, is alright as long as it dosent include football? there are so many things wrong with that.

or did they misquote him to attempt to make the paragraph humorous?
Or GASP he was trying to be humorous himself. You're allowed to joke about the event if noone got hurt and it's over with. So says me.

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Im pretty sure its a federal offence, Indictable in Canada, to make Threats of Bodily Harm to anyone, even if it is in jest. It may be different if both parties thinks it is just a joke, but in this case, one party, being the FBI didn't think it was a joke.

Of course you can laugh at the whole situation now but what he, being Jake J. Brahm, did wasnt funny

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
Im pretty sure its a federal offence, Indictable in Canada, to make Threats of Bodily Harm to anyone, even if it is in jest. It may be different if both parties thinks it is just a joke, but in this case, one party, being the FBI didn't think it was a joke.

Of course you can laugh at the whole situation now but what he did wasnt funny
Oh my bad, I meant She might be joking, meaning Leslie Wiser the FBI agent.

StAlbion

Diabloii.Net Member
Of course you can laugh at the whole situation now but what he, being Jake J. Brahm, did wasnt funny
Well, I thought it was pretty funny. Then again, I would have thought the FBI might have slightly better things to do.

P.S JIHAD BOMB 9/11 INFIDELS DIRTY BOMB ALLAH

Hey, in for a penny, in for a pound.

SmittySixTen

Diabloii.Net Member
I still don't understand why this particular post on a message board was singled out. I'm sure similar ones are made all the time on other boards. Also, if someone actually planned on having a major catastrophe occur, one in which a great deal of time and money were spent on, I don't see why they would go through the effort to warn everyone about it. Wait; let me go one step further with this. To warn everyone about it through 4chan.

Which brings me back to my question. Why the heck did they treat this seriously?

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I still don't understand why this particular post on a message board was singled out. I'm sure similar ones are made all the time on other boards. Also, if someone actually planned on having a major catastrophe occur, one in which a great deal of time and money were spent on, I don't see why they would go through the effort to warn everyone about it. Wait; let me go one step further with this. To warn everyone about it through 4chan.

Which brings me back to my question. Why the heck did they treat this seriously?
Your answer:
Article said:
Brahm admitted posting the threat at http://www.4chan.org more than 40 times between September and Oct. 19, according to a criminal complaint filed by prosecutors. The threat was then reposted on various Web sites, the complaint said
He apparently spammed it all over the place.

Oh, and excellent avatar. =)

SmittySixTen

Diabloii.Net Member
True, though I still think the fact it started at 4chan should have tipped them off that it wasn't 100% credible. :p

Also, thanks.

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
So much for "Freedom of Speech".
Dude, bomb threats are a crime.
Spamming it on message boards? Who should believe baloney that is put on a website, anyway? Wait, that school shooting a while back, the shooter posted his plan on a website. In fact, that has happened quite often...