Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Battle of Waterloo: forum mafia

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Feysal, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Feysal

Feysal Diabloii.Net Member

Battle of Waterloo: forum mafia

THE RULES

1) You do not talk about your role or any other relevant information concerning the game outside this thread.

2) If you post at night you will be modkilled.

3) If you edit your post you will be modkilled (this includes editing for spelling mistakes).

4) If your role allows you to communicate with others during the night, feel free to do so via PM, instant messaging or any other form you choose. Only those roles expressly allowed to communicate privately with each other at night are allowed to. If you have any questions, contact me privately.

5) Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead people make no posts. Suck up your death and keep watching and rooting for your team. There's always the next round.

6) Every player gets one lynch vote during the day. Votes and unvotes need to be bolded . If your unvote isn't bold, it doesn't count. The votes and unvotes must be as follows:

Vote: ThunderCat
    Unvote: ThunderCat

WRONG!!!
    Vote: TC
    Vote: ChunderTat
    Vote Thundercat
    Unvote i_like_pie
    WRONG!!!

Anything else won't be tallied towards the lynch. If you try to cheat with ; or whatever else, feel free to, just hope the others won't catch you doing so. Also, names MUST BE CASE SENSITIVE.

7) The required number of votes to seal a lynch for the day is equal to one half the remaining number of people alive (rounded up) plus 1. Once someone reaches this number of votes, the lynch will be locked and cannot be changed, however the day will still continue to its scheduled conclusion. Half rounded up equals a lynch, but no lock, so the lynchee has until the days end to persuade the town otherwise.

8) Never post anything in the thread that shouldn't be known to the town. Don't flame in the thread. If you have a problem with anything in the thread, please PM me and I'll do my best to handle it.

9) Any player may claim any role, including something they are not. However,

10) Do not post any information sent to you in a PM. If you want to claim a role, don't copy paste the PM I sent you.

11) I won't be telling you the starting roles.

12) Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours.

13) Do not post at night or edit or you will be modkilled.

14) You will get modkilled if you are inactive (at least 1 contributive post a day). Exceptions can be made, if the player informs me in advance of being absent from the game.

15) Read the rules once more. Have Fun! Good luck! May the best team win.

2. Feysal

Re: Battle of Waterloo: forum mafia

Players alive:
    1. nurman
    2. I_Told_You
    3. Dragomir
    4. Zarniwoop
    5. Zhao_Yue
    6. Bad Ash
    7. Leopold Stotch

Players defeated:
    1. Uraj (Müffling) - caught on night 1
    2. Marahumm (Uxbridge) - casualty of war on night 2
    3. Goryani (Bülow) - casualty of war on night 2
    4. ThunderCat (Grouchy) - lynched on day 2
    5. Ankeli (Ponsonby) - casualty of war on night 3
    6. Noodle (Belgian farmer) - casualty of war on night 4

Day 1 votes (6 to lynch, 7 to lock):
    Ankeli 1 (I_Told_You)
    Bad Ash 7 (Goryani, Dragomir, Ankeli, Marahumm, nurman, Zarniwoop, ThunderCat)
    Leopold Stotch 1 (Zhao_Yue)

Day 2 votes (5 to lynch, 6 to lock):
    Ankeli 1 (Dragomir)
    Dragomir 1 (Zarniwoop)
    ThunderCat 7 (I_Told_You, Zhao_Yue, Leopold Stotch, Ankeli, nurman, Noodle)

Day 3 votes (4 to lynch, 5 to lock):
    Dragomir 5 (Leopold Stotch, Zhao_Yue, I_Told_You, Zarniwoop)
    Zhao_Yue 1 (Dragomir)

Day 4 votes (4 to lynch, 5 to lock):
    Zarniwoop 3 (I_Told_You, Zhao_Yue)
    I_Told_You 4 (nurman, Zarniwoop, Dragomir, Leopold Stotch)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  3. Feysal

Napoleon has triumphantly returned from exile in Elba. The armies sent to stop him have joined his cause, and crowds have received him with cheers. In Paris, the aged King Louis has had to flee into exile, like during the great revolution.

The European powers in congress in Vienna do not welcome him back. Though they had appeared to be on the verge of warring amongst themselves, the return of their common enemy makes them set aside their disagreements. Napoleon sues for peace, but in vain, as the coalition once more declares war on him and calls its armies back into service.

Napoleon knows what is coming. Rather than face the combined might of his enemies on French soil, he decides to take the fight to them. He must prevent the coalition allies from converging, and his first priority are the armies of Wellington and Blücher in Belgium.

In Brussels, the British officers were enjoying a ball arranged by the Duchess of Richmond, dancing and socializing.

On the border, regiment after regiment of French troops poured into Belgium, into the gap between the British and their Prussian allies.

It is now NIGHTTIME. Night actions can be sent by PM or by email, should the inbox be full.

4. Feysal

18th June 1815. Dawn.

The battles of Ligny and Quatre Bras are over. The retreating Prussians have left behind fifteen thousand casualties, and more have deserted. The British in turn were forced to abandon their positions in Quatre Bras, and march north.

After marching through the rainy night, the British take up positions on a ridge near the town of Waterloo. The French are quick to occupy the ridge on the opposite side of the valley.

Only one officer has not reported at his post. Müffling, Prussian liaison to Wellington, was caught and taken captive on the roads south of Waterloo. Though alive, he would play no part in the coming battle.

Uraj is out of the battle. He was Müffling.

It is now DAYTIME. You may post freely for the next 46 hours.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  5. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch Diabloii.Net Member

Uraj has been "caught"? he's "alive, but would play no part in the coming battle"? he's a POW, obviously, but.... im so confused. just a bit. then again, i just got done having my weekly cryfest and that may also be playing a part in my confusion.

6. I_Told_You

I_Told_You Diabloii.Net Member

Looks like no one wants to make the first post!

Well I'll bite the bullet.

The French have made thier first move- Muffling (no idea how to do umlauts!)

Any clues as to what his role maybe- mafia style? Cop? Spy? I was hoping for a more detailed role, but then we should be glad we even get a role I spose.

A game of 13 how many mafia(frogs) do we think we are facing? my money is on 2/3, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

preview edit: second post - beaten by Lao while typing!:whistling:

7. I_Told_You

I_Told_You Diabloii.Net Member

*Leo

even beaten by spelling words!:crazyeyes:

8. Leopold Stotch

*giggles*

it's ok, ITY. to answer your questions... WE HAZ INTERNET! we can look up Uraj's role and see who he was, ya know? hopefully it's not a made up name or anything.

that is all i can contribute for now because i am about to be off for the night. i (and Marahumm) might be around tomorrow. we let Feysal know about this ahead of time so don't get your wild knickers in a bunch (this includes you, Gornithicus).

preview edit: here is a Wiki link. hope this helps us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Freiherr_von_M%C3%BCffling

9. Leopold Stotch

doesn't sound like anything too special other than a commissioner to the Duke of Wellington. i can't think of anything else from the speed reading i am doing. vanilla townie, maybe?

penny for anyone else's thoughts to add to my two cents?

10. ThunderCat

ThunderCat Diabloii.Net Member

You should be using Euro cents, Miss Leo. This is after all an European conflict and what not.

Anyway, from previous games played, I'm going to assume a 3 mafia team with the possibility of a a neutral/SK role.

That being said, I'll let Ankeli go on with his usual first day routine. Ankeli, you have the mic.

11. Bad Ash

Bad Ash Diabloii.Net Member

ankeli has been living way too much these last two games

12. Marahumm

Marahumm Diabloii.Net Member

Tried looking up muffling and haven't found anything about him being a prisoner of war at any point. At this moment I suggest we assume Uraj to all intents and purposes dead and unable to join us for the rest of the game considering his role was given out publicly. With the number of players at such a low number, I seriously doubt there to be a third party, and would cap the number of anti-town at a MAX of 3.

13. Leopold Stotch

12 people total, now 11. possibly 3, MAYBE two. this is war, gentlemen. and with war, usually there is a spy or something of the like. so if there IS a third party, i would guess it'd be a kind of informative role. why not? i mean, not Benedict Arnold (wrong war), but maybe for poo and giggles there would be one. ha. poo.

oh, and sure, TC. a Euro for anyone else's two Euros? :p

14. Ankeli

Ankeli Diabloii.Net Member

I'm betting on 3 Frenchies, as 2 would be underpowered for mafia in a game of this size. That being said, Leo's dropping possible clues all over already and it's not even the end of page 2 yet. :D

Zhao, are you Napoleon or just one of his henchies? I'm certain you're not a fine Englishman like most of us.

15. ThunderCat

ThunderCat Diabloii.Net Member

We've seen games with about 13 people where they had 3 mafia and 1 sk. I won't stress this anymore as it was just a thought.

Zhao as Napoleon would be quite interesting to see.

16. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

25% mafia is plausible. Any idea if there are neutrals and what could they be?

17. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I think it's significant Uraj was captured and not killed. In those days, captured officers were frequently exchanged for officers captured by the other side, or simply released (paroled) under oath not to resume hostilities. If the latter, perhaps Utah will be allowed to post but not vote after a day?!

18. nurman

Like Gollum was captured during the LOTR game?

19. nurman

By the way, if Uraj was "Captured", why was his role revealed?

20. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop Diabloii.Net Member

Yes this is confusing for me also.

Feysal posted that Uraj WAS Muffling, I thought. Wouldn't that mean he's dead as far as the game goes? Feysal, could you clear this up?