Battle.net throw me out

Sprut

Diabloii.Net Member
Battle.net throw me out

Hi,

After every single game I play when I press esc and quit I get thrown off Battle.net. EVERY SINGLE game. Its insanely annoying, I just installed and updated Diablo2:LOD, so theres nothing wrong with my copy. The funny thing is that this actually happens to me on Warcraft3 bnet as well, is it a port problem or something?

Also, it's not a temp ban because I can immidiately log in and join another game.

Very wierd I must say, any thoughts? :wink:

DiabloDope

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Battle.net throw me out

Maybe what he meant to say what that the ladder reset and new 1.12a patch, and all that comes along with that, may be the cause.

Sprut

Diabloii.Net Member

Maybe what he meant to say what that the ladder reset and new 1.12a patch, and all that comes along with that, may be the cause.
Well it happened before patch and it still happens now (After).

Basically:
I enter game, and play. woopdidoo.
Press escape "Save And Exit"
I see lobby for 1 sec.
Game hangs for 5sec.
Then the game menu pop up "Single Player" "Battle.Net" and so forth.
With the message "Cd Key in use by: [Myself] "
Then I click battle.net - log on and play some more.

After next game roll and repeat.

So I basically can't play :(

Sprut

Diabloii.Net Member

This is driving me mental!

I've tried it with both my main computer and my laptop, it happens on both (also tried wireless). At my girlfriends house it works perfectly on my laptop ruling out the possibility for bad game or such... she also has same ISP as me so thats not the problem.

So I guess its a router problem at my home, I've opened all ports and also added Battle.Net in "Special Applications" or whatever, had an prefix I used.

The game still runs fine until I save and exit and want to find a new game, then I get disconnected with the message that my cd key is in use by myself.

Anyone have ANY clue or heard of this problem before? I can't play :(

Sprut

Diabloii.Net Member

I patched around the router and everything is now working fine, so I guess this particular router (3com officeconnect, wireless) has some issues. And it seems like I'm the only with the problem so... but anyways, case closed :)

starky

Diabloii.Net Member

Well it happened before patch and it still happens now (After).

Basically:
I enter game, and play. woopdidoo.
Press escape "Save And Exit"
I see lobby for 1 sec.
Game hangs for 5sec.
Then the game menu pop up "Single Player" "Battle.Net" and so forth.
With the message "Cd Key in use by: [Myself] "
Then I click battle.net - log on and play some more.

After next game roll and repeat.

So I basically can't play :(
same with me :/

starky

Diabloii.Net Member

I patched around the router and everything is now working fine, so I guess this particular router (3com officeconnect, wireless) has some issues. And it seems like I'm the only with the problem so... but anyways, case closed :)
can someone tell me how to patch the router ? i tried upgrade it but it just sayd that it was the wrong file :O

profane god

Diabloii.Net Member

can someone tell me how to patch the router ? i tried upgrade it but it just sayd that it was the wrong file :O
It depends entirely upon your router what your update process will be. Usually you can access an update feature on your firmware that flashes it for you once you have the right files. If you downloaded from the manufacturer you may have gotten a .zip or .rar file and you'll need a file extractor like WinRar or WinZip to get at the right file.:coffee:

starky

Diabloii.Net Member

It depends entirely upon your router what your update process will be. Usually you can access an update feature on your firmware that flashes it for you once you have the right files. If you downloaded from the manufacturer you may have gotten a .zip or .rar file and you'll need a file extractor like WinRar or WinZip to get at the right file.:coffee:
it says it has the latest version :/ i also have the 3com wireless connection router

andresjo

Diabloii.Net Member

I have the exact same problem and the same router.
How did you fix it?

boxie

Diabloii.Net Member

i have the same problem, i'm using an SMC router. i'll do a firmware update and see if that fixes the issue.

MuffinMan

Diabloii.Net Member

Im having the same problem. I know its not the patch, its only been like this for the last couple of weeks. Worked fine right after the reset.

Hmm what ISP are you guys from norway on? (Canal Digital here)

andresjo

Diabloii.Net Member

My ISP is Canal Digital as well.
This whole problem didn't start before i switched from ISDN to ADSL, I allways figured it was the router that caused the problem. But if you are using Canal Digital with a different router then the ISP might be the problem.

Anyhow this is insanely annoying since D2 is basically impossible to play since i get locked out of b.net for 5 minutes after every single game i exit.