Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Battle cry in pvp

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by NightShade, Apr 15, 2008.

1. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Battle cry in pvp

Does it do what it says on the can, or is there a reduction on it in the pvp formula? Seems like it'd be nice to use to take down charger paladins/fury druids damage a peg or two.

2. TheGreatSanguini

TheGreatSanguini IncGamers Member

Re: Battle cry in pvp

From what I've tested with my Singer (a Barbarian that uses exclusively warcries) it works stupendously. The only problem is actually getting into a position to use it where you wouldnt' be better served by a different manouevre.

3. NightShade

By and large I would be using it to try to peg a druid/paladin and then proceeding to whirl them...HC speaking, the more I can take off of their top roll, the happier I am. Wands with weaken charges seem to be kind of "meh" because a) Thats kind of lame b) they are just going to run away until it comes off

I figure not enough people will know right off the bat that I just sucked 1500 damage out of their charge.

4. Antonio

Antonio IncGamers Member

Well, I'm not sure how it works, but if it works like the Conviction skill(on the target defense) it wouldn't be worth it. If an attacker has an attack with 500 %ED, the -44 ED% would make it 456 ED%, not a huge difference. And while you are singing he will probably finish you with his 456 ED% attack :grin: Again, not sure it works like that, but you can test it.

5. Kordova

Kordova IncGamers Member

If its for a singer its not really worth it unless its aginst a zon

6. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

by the time you use it and switch to ww you might be dead already, say its a hammerdin or smiter or zealer you dueling...

7. NightShade

At 34 a hammeradin doesnt stand much chance, smiters even less and a zealer tends to be swinging at 5 frames.

If it takes off from their total ED rather than the whole of their damage then it's pretty well useless, vice versa it could put me out of the 1shot range

For the record :

Level is 34. Life is 1750. Reducing a sharp'ed out paladins damage from 2k pvp to 1500 would pretty well be crucial.

8. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

All -enemy effects act just like +friendly in that Weaken reducing a third of damage uses base damage, therefore it's the same as -33%Dam - virtually nothing to a character actually dueling with physical attacks. Battle Cry would be the same way, with both damage and defense. You'd have to find a character who had moderate defense and damage for it to be worth much, and then you'd probably be best served by outright killing them, just like other characters.

Now, team dueling is different, since every little bit matters to keep the odds - and team numbers - even or in your favor, but with up to four people attacking at once... What chance do you have of getting more than one, the one you're tracking, cursed? I've always said a pure Whirlwind build might be best benefitted by taking 19SPts out of Battle Command and putting them in Battle Cry, but I'm guessing tertiary masteries (Natural Resistance and such) to be a better fit if you get that high. War Cry duelers wouldn't really have much choice, since Howl and Taunt can only effect non-bosses, but even if Taunt's -%Dam and -%AR was useful while not coaxing characters toward you, they probably would have just as much +%AR as +%Dam and +%ED and would have little effect.