Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Batman Begins: See. This. Movie.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lostprophet, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

Batman Begins: See. This. Movie.

Just got back from an employee screening of Batman Begins at the movie theater where I work. It is, hands down, Bhe Best superhero movie, prequel, and movie starring Katie Holmes to ever. Be. Produced. There were exactly zero times during the entire thing where the dialogue violated my cliche-o-meter or my cheesiness threshold, and the love story, unlike say Spiderman, is tertiary to actual character development, plot, and cinematic style. I cannot say enough good things about this movie.

I lied. Okay, well, actually I'm just tired. The point it this: Batman Begins is an incredible film. I would highly, highly recommend it.

That is all.

2. TheGreatStickels

TheGreatStickels IncGamers Member

I just saw the premier showing of it at midnight.

Holy Crap, that is a badass movie

3. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

did you see "The Gift"?

4. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

I'm glad it's good, can't wait to go see this...

My mate was worried that it wouldn't be any good as you already know the story and that he's never going to be in any real danger (lives for next films).

He thought it would be full of :cheesy: too...

*rubs hands together in anticipation*

KnightFall

5. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

I am planning on seeing this with my father on fathers day probably. Even the critics are giving it great reviews so I cannot wait to see it.

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well from the previews i saw it looked ok (his batmobile is just teh schnizzle) so i might go see it sometime, but im not getting all excited or whatever.

7. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

It's getting rave reviews all around. Even Ebert gave it 5 stars which is rare for him when it comes to this kind of movie. I want to see it... But Isolde won't come with me. Now I need a friend... :(

8. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

i ll probably see it. i wasn't planning to but since you reccomend it ill trusty you.

anakha use you special abilities and make isolde come with you. resistance is futile :D

9. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

Tell her, that uh, there's this hot, uh, scene, with that hot guy, that all the girls... lov.... just hit her over the head with something blunt, drag her to the theater, and when she comes to tell her she had a smidge too much wine.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

:shhh:

10. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

Hah, good luck with that!!

11. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Tell her Batman does a hooker, while another hooker looks on.

I so want to see this movie. The best superhero movie, imo, is still the original Batman, but hopefully, this one will be better or atleast on the same level.

12. Arctickhan

Arctickhan IncGamers Member

Carnage-DVS:Your Avatar is COOL!aaaah old days...*Zzzzzzz!*Uh!A Revenant!!No!Doom causes bad nightmares on me...like playing it...
    -Anybody remembering old Batman on TV the fat and belly one?

13. Keldaris

Keldaris IncGamers Member

Holy armidillos batman!!!

14. Carnage-DVS

Doom 2 rocks!

Anyway, I've also heard that this Batman has almost no humor in it, which imo, fits the Batman mythos. His is not a funny life, just a dark and grim one. Some critics say this will hurt the movie's chances at the box office, but I think true batman fans will love it.

15. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

nothings better than a tragic hero. I always thought that they had overdone humor in the previous batman flicks. It just made them a bit too hyperrealistic to take the batman character too seriously.

I hadnt heard of Christian bale before, but I just saw the machinist, and I think he could do batman pretty well.

16. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

I would totally go and see this movie. Christian Bale is damn hot! I didn't want to go and see it until I found out that he was in it.

17. Carnage-DVS

What did you think of the hookersx2 scene in American Psycho? He is built in that movie.

18. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

And he's shirtless in this movie too. Now Anakananananana has his friend to go with, I'm sure.

I saw Batman this afternoon and I was quite impressed. It didn't blow me away, but then again it was nowhere near the Schumacher camp crap that almost killed the series. A lot darker, good pacing, good origin story and just a more realistic portrayal.

To be honest, I'm the type that would love to see a rated-R Batman murder mystery that still uses Batman as a superhero (see The Long Halloween, for anyone who reads comics), but I'm well aware that Hollywood simply won't make that. That being said, I definitely liked Batman Begins and more importantly, I like the tone that it sets for the future Batman movies. They didn't feel the need to tie up all the lose ends that this movie created and treated it like a continuing story instead of coming up with a lame "everything's perfect" ending. I like that solution a LOT better.

19. Carnage-DVS

Bale said much of the same thing that you wanted. An R-rated Batman flick, with some details on Batman's sexual life. Here's the quote.

Batman Begins star Christian Bale said that when/if a sequel is made, Warner Bros. should release both a PG-13 and an R version of the film which would include sex scenes.

"I do think there is a lot of room for, like, an R-rated Batman," he told World Entertainment News Network. "It's a little bit tricky to broach the sex aspect of the story when you want kids to come see this as well. I mean, we still like for a 12-year-old to come see it and enjoy it. I think it would be very interesting, myself, to do maybe one version, which can be both PG-13 and R - two different cuts of it. The (Batman) graphic novel certainly dove into his private life because it's fascinating. He's got to do something sexual at some point. I think it could be an interesting storyline to take somewhere."

20. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

hahaha that scene was awesome. i liked the part when he dropped the chainsaw on her head :D (it was a chainsaw right?)