Basic Summoner Question

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Basic Summoner Question

Hello.

Equipment

I currently have Beast + Enigma + Shako + Homunculus + CtA / Lidless + 2x SoJ + Mara's + Marrows + Trang Glove + Spider.

I have only 1 Nec Summon GC atm, but am planning for 10, with 1 Anni + 9x SC's of Vita.

My Might merc is using EBotD Lance + Delirium + Shaftstop.

Currently all my Skellies benefit from Fana + Might + BO + BC (although it doesn't do crap with them).

Should I equip merc with Bramble? Is Thorns worth it? To my knowledge, all monsters have much more Life : Damage ratio than we characters do... so a Fallen can have like 300 Life in Hell but we know how weak they are in damage wise.

Any equipment change I might consider? Ofcourse I thought of switching my Homunculus for a Nec Head that gives like 7~8 to RS and keep my HoTo, but they all die anyway whenever I switch to my CtA hand and I do that quite a lot so...

Skill + Stat Distribution

+1 in all Curses except the 3 AI Curses on the left.

Maxed Warriors + Mages + Mastery, +1 in all Summon except Fire Golem.

+1 Bone Armor, on my way to maxing BSpear, +1 Teeth for prerequisite.

Anything screwed up here? Should I have not gotten Lower Resist? How about Revive? I never use neither of 'em... :mad: How about Bonewall? Does it work with Iron Maiden? I find Barbs + Melee Paly's very easy with them hitting 28 things in total + IM'ed, but if Bone Wall does work with IM, should I just IM + spam?

Enough Dex for max block with Homun, enough Str for Mage Enigma to carry on the Str till Marrows. (My Beast is a Double Axe so... not a Zerker. :rolleyes: )

PvM

I've mostly been NM + Hell Cowing for my Merc, and ofcourse, CE RULES in Cows. I'm max Block, so I just gather my minions in CP or somewhere, and then just tele into a huge mob of monsters. I rarely get hit, and I'll never have my %Block reduced b/c all I do is tele into a mob and then Decrepping like mad. He's a faster Hell rusher than my Windy Druid too...

Any other Curses + strategies I should learn before just blindedly jumping into mobs when Hell Baal summons his minions?

PvP

Hum I use Decrep for most chars... I tried IM with Windy Druid but it didn't seem to work... anyways their Hurricane owns my Skellies so bad... :( Bowazons don't seem to do that much damage anyway but a lot of poison, and I was quite surprised at the very less amount of people who decided to use Multi instead of GA against a minion stacker...

WW Barbs... the godlier they are, the quicker they fall. This goes same for Zealers + Smiters, but I pwn them even without any curse if I manage to tele on them. BIG trouble though if their Life Tap or Amp kicks in.

All casters I just use Decrep right after I tele on to them... it seems it's too long if I Curse and then tele because my Skellies will wonder off following my opponent and they're easy prey when its 1 vs 1.

Sometimes if their health goes down real slow, I just spam BSpear and they'll die soon... I Wuv Marrowbug.

Anyone here an experienced Summoner Dueler? I thought that when I was first making this char, I'll never be able to duel with it except with friends because it'd take too long to gather minions but really, it wasn't near as long as I expected + much more fun than other builds I have. (Light Sorc + Windy Druid + Rabies Druid + LS Trapper + FO / ES Sorc)

Any feedback + suggestions would be welcome. :thumbsup:

Mochrie

Diabloii.Net Member
i have an even more basic question. where does trang/enigma/etc armor come from? (besides trading from other players)

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Mochrie said:
i have an even more basic question. where does trang/enigma/etc armor come from? (besides trading from other players)
Trang = Hell Meph / a generous person from the forums

3os Armor = Hell / Nm Cows
Jah = Forge / EBay
Ith = Nm / Hell Countess
Ber = Forge / EBay

Those would be your best bet for 'em. :D

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Well for PvM you could have even more dmg output from army but this is very tied up to your state of finances i'm afraid :p

1) EBOTD Lance on merc
More dmg for army could be had with either eth Infinity or Pride. With an investment in Lower Resist that curse and Conviction will stack lowering fire/cold/lightning resists. Concentration aura will make army's dmg output nastier too :D

2) Revives
A point won't hurt and in PvP they help in 'minion stacking'

3) Delirium Helm
This is actually a great crowd control helm for other builds but for a necro is could get irritating when confuse overrides your other curses. A helm that offers life leech or +skills would be better. Examples would be 'Ral' Andy Helm or Tals Mask.

4) Curses use
I too hell cow a lot with my bone/summon hehe. I find i use amp+CE a lot rather than deceprify+CE. CE is half fire/half physical so amp dmg curse is more effective in increasing the phy component (2x more) than deceprify. That is not to say that Decep is not a good curse but thats more an act boss kindda curse i feel :D Also Dim Vision is a nice curse for places like Bloody Foothills and Baal runs.

5) Shield on switch
If you're on ladder perhaps Nigma + Marrows could allow you to equip Spirit Monarch.

6) FCR Breakpoint
With trang gloves+arach's you hit 40fcr which is 8 short of the next breakpoint which is 48. Though u are a summoner u need some fcr as you are teleing. Perhaps switch out an soj for a nice 10fcr ring and see if the additional fcr improves your performance?

Lastly i dun PvP with summoner so perhaps others who are expereinced in this could provide you with more insight on this. Hoped i helped and cheers :D

p.s The belt and helm of the trang set is of a high TC (Treasure Class) compared to the other parts of the set. Check the statistics forums on mlvl/alvl to find which monsters/areas could drop troll belt/bone visage :D

Edit : Oh saw your are NL. Suggestions on NL gear irrelevant then hehe

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
batuchka said:
Well for PvM you could have even more dmg output from army but this is very tied up to your state of finances i'm afraid

1) EBOTD Lance on merc
More dmg for army could be had with either eth Infinity or Pride. With an investment in Lower Resist that curse and Conviction will stack lowering fire/cold/lightning resists. Concentration aura will make army's dmg output nastier too

2) Revives
A point won't hurt and in PvP they help in 'minion stacking'

3) Delirium Helm
This is actually a great crowd control helm for other builds but for a necro is could get irritating when confuse overrides your other curses. A helm that offers life leech or +skills would be better. Examples would be 'Ral' Andy Helm or Tals Mask.

4) Curses use
I too hell cow a lot with my bone/summon hehe. I find i use amp+CE a lot rather than deceprify+CE. CE is half fire/half physical so amp dmg curse is more effective in increasing the phy component (2x more) than deceprify. That is not to say that Decep is not a good curse but thats more an act boss kindda curse i feel Also Dim Vision is a nice curse for places like Bloody Foothills and Baal runs.

5) Shield on switch
If you're on ladder perhaps Nigma + Marrows could allow you to equip Spirit Monarch.

6) FCR Breakpoint
With trang gloves+arach's you hit 40fcr which is 8 short of the next breakpoint which is 48. Though u are a summoner u need some fcr as you are teleing. Perhaps switch out an soj for a nice 10fcr ring and see if the additional fcr improves your performance?

Lastly i dun PvP with summoner so perhaps others who are expereinced in this could provide you with more insight on this. Hoped i helped and cheers :D

p.s The belt and helm of the trang set is of a high TC (Treasure Class) compared to the other parts of the set. Check the statistics forums on mlvl/alvl to find which monsters/areas could drop troll belt/bone visage

Edit : Oh saw your are NL. Suggestions on NL gear irrelevant then hehe
Yes I am NL... I wish I had Infinity + Spirit too... :(

I switched Delirium into a P 08 Cham'ed Gaze.

Yes I do lack some serious FCR because I switched out my HoTo to a Beast... but seriously, especially atm, switching out a SoJ is the WORST thing for me to do since it will lower my total # of Skellies by 2... that is NOT worth being able to teleport 1 frame faster...

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
You can't get Jah and Ber from Hell Forge. Gul is the highest possible in Hell although on the average NL you could probably get a couple HRs for an Ist or Gul since it's ten times more likely to be legit.

Your build looks strong to me. I don't know that I would bother with Bramble but if you can still make your merc work with it, why not. More damage is good right?

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Pherdnut said:
You can't get Jah and Ber from Hell Forge. Gul is the highest possible in Hell although on the average NL you could probably get a couple HRs for an Ist or Gul since it's ten times more likely to be legit.

Your build looks strong to me. I don't know that I would bother with Bramble but if you can still make your merc work with it, why not. More damage is good right?
Gul is the highest you can get in hell forge? Does that mean that Ist is lower than Gul...? I got Ist plenty of times.

In NL West : 1 Ist : 1 Hi ----- 1 Gul : 1/1000 Hi

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
The prices on NL are way out of wack because of the massive duping. I think Hell forge gives you an equal chance of getting Hel-Gul. Gul is one step higher than Ist but if it's worth so little I'm guessing people tend to assume Ists are less likely to be duped since they are something of a currency and thus kept in greater quantities which will make all the bad ones a lot more likely to get wiped out by rust storms. Also Gul doesn't show up in many runewords. If it wasn't for all the dupes, High Runes, by which I mean the top five (Sur, Ber, Jah, Cham, Zod) would be priceless since they are typically a once-in-a-diablo-career find if you're lucky.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Pherdnut said:
The prices on NL are way out of wack because of the massive duping. I think Hell forge gives you an equal chance of getting Hel-Gul. Gul is one step higher than Ist but if it's worth so little I'm guessing people tend to assume Ists are less likely to be duped since they are something of a currency and thus kept in greater quantities which will make all the bad ones a lot more likely to get wiped out by rust storms. Also Gul doesn't show up in many runewords. If it wasn't for all the dupes, High Runes, by which I mean the top five (Sur, Ber, Jah, Cham, Zod) would be priceless since they are typically a once-in-a-diablo-career find if you're lucky.
I have 20 Hi's that belong to the category of Ber / Jah / Cham / Zod / Ohm / Vex... and I have NEVER picked up a Hi rune except maybe couple Um's and Ist's in my life... :D

Taishaku

Diabloii.Net Member
Quick questions:

Can Call to Arms and Auras work on Skeletons? How about your Golem? Do they count as "party members"?

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Taishaku said:
Quick questions:

Can Call to Arms and Auras work on Skeletons? How about your Golem? Do they count as "party members"?
Yes, those auras and Warcries work on all your minions. So Golems, Skellies and Revives can benefit from those lovely runewords.