Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Basic MF Question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by tugg, May 2, 2005.

1. tugg

tugg IncGamers Member

Basic MF Question

My meteorb sorc is level 85, and I can't seem to do any of the big bosses yet, so I"m mostly doing MF runs through the pit, ancient tunnels, andy, etc. My question is : when doing such runs, do you think it's worth the time to stop for all the chests, rat's nests, goo piles, large urns, etc., or is it better to just march on and blast stuff as quick as possible? Is there any difference between the different stashes in terms of what levels of drops they're likely to give?

-Tugg
    *mljqwerty

2. teck21

teck21 IncGamers Member

I only do hell Baal runs with my sorc, and I try never ever to stop and do anything but kill whatever has to be killed in order to kill Baal. Although I must say that my very best drops have come from his minions and the monsters that must be killed to empty the chamber before Baal spawns his minions.

To me mf is all about killing the best-drop bosses as often as possible.

I haven't done any Meph runs since way back in 09, but it seems he's still easy to do and highly profitable, so you might want to give him a go.

3. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

i open the chests if im on the mood, if there is a superchest around (like mep, pits, anc tunnels) i will open it always

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Chests, and stashes and such has okay chances of dropping runes...still not likely at all but you never know when it happens. Chests in later acts can drop higher lvl items but I'm not sure exactly how it works.

Also as teck21 said Mephisto is quite "easy"..Although you need a strong mercenary to tank for you. If you have Shaftstop+Vampire Gaze and Reaper's Toll/Kelpie Snare your mercenary will be able to tank him almost all the time. Also I find that Frozen Orb works best against Mephisto, but it of course depends on what you have focused on fire/ice.

5. ChaSerrr

ChaSerrr IncGamers Member

One word to do mephi - Moat trick...

I don't use my merc for mf the big bosses, although he does wear skullders + stealskull (both p-tazed) & a bonehew...

I only use him for the pit & nm andy for better drop results.

Teck21 What kind of sorc do you use to run hell baal, what mercenary and what skills + items?

ChaSerrr

6. tugg

tugg IncGamers Member

I actually don't have any problems with Meph himself, it's just all the hordes that you have to go through on Durance level 3 that seem to rip my merc to shreds. I try to teleport away but find myself running out of room in the close quarters... He has a reaper's toll (not eth), andy's with 40% ed jewel in it and a 29xx "stone" armor. I should probably socket something in the reaper's toll (amn, shael or some jewel) so that he's got a better chance.

7. teck21

teck21 IncGamers Member

ChaSerrr,

If you're on West, I'd be bhappy to show you in a game.

My sorc uses chain lightning / Orb as her main attack and blizz sometimes. And static for the tougher monsters like Lister and Baal.

Her main gear is partial Tals with HOTO / Spirit and the usual other stuff. Merc is HF with Infinity.

It is a superb build for Baal running, but I'm not sure if she can hold her own elsewhere (never used her for anything else). But she is very expensive to assemble. The only real cost saving I can see is Ocy for HOTO, but the chance to teleport can get dangerous.

Lemme know.

teck

8. Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner Banned

At first, i never opened chests...but when i mfed Mephisto..i went 2 the back chest popped it open and found a pnb gc :D woot! I now open chests whenever i mf...but i dont mf much any more...