Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Basic BoneNecro Guide

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ksully, Apr 29, 2008.

1. ksully

ksully IncGamers Member

Basic BoneNecro Guide

Hello I am Kyle this is my first guide, and it's going to be about my favorite character, the Bonemancer.
    Basically I am going to get to the point and not give you a life story about me. Or the history behind the native lands of the necromancer.

Contents:
    1. Intro
    2. Stats
    3. Skills
    4. Equipment
    5. Strategy

=========================================================================
    1. Intro
    Ok first of all this is a bonemancer. I know there has been alot of other guides on this character but I dont like any of them.
    They are all not the way I make my bonemancers so that is why I am making this. If done correctly you can hit 6-7k
    bone spear damage and be able to kill just about anyone in pvp. This is the best class in pvp no matter how you put it.
    2. Stats
    You will need absolutly no Stregth and exactly 5 points into dex and you will have over 450 points in Vitality and no points into energy.
    Your torch and anni will give you enough stregth to pop on that enigma. =) Unless you use some of the other optional equipment I have
    below I dont know. But even with that you want as much life as possible, and you dont need max block because you wont let any thing get close to hitting you.
    3. Skills
    Max Teeth
    1 point into Corpse Explosion
    Max Bone Spear
    Max Bone Spirit
    1 point in to Bone armor
    Max Bone Armor
    Max Bone Prision

The build is done at level 92 Put the next 7 skills into bone armor to put you at level 99.
    Now see I know what your saying...(what an idiot..you need a golem or somthing)..no screw that you dont need a golem or any curses
    you want the most possible damage you can possibly get and this build gives it to you I have dueled for about 2 and a half years and
    and I out damage any necromancers I have come to fight because they waist points into curses and golems. I cant stress it enough
    YOU DONT NEED IT!!! This whole build is based on not getting hit and a golem wont help you tank hits because if they get close
    enough to hit you then your dead any ways and if your saying you need a golem for pvm then stop reading cuz this a pvp build.
    ===========================================================================
    4. Equipment
    ===========================================================================
    Ok there are many possibilities and I will list them at the bottom. But first I will list the basic gear that I use.

Head: Shako
    With two to all skills, 10% damage reduction and the life/mana addition this gives you the best basic choice over any thing.

Ammy: Mara's
    Two to all skills resistances and the attributes this is the basic choice.

Armor: Breast Plate Enigma
    Only 30 stregth this is the best armor in the game because in this build you arnt going to get hit.. so defence dosnt matter. It lets
    you put more points into Vitality. With damage reduction 1 to teleport and +skills this is the only option!

Weapon: Hoto
    With +3 skills, Resist, 40% cast rate, it lets you get to the next cate rate break point and you will be ****ting bone spears!

Shield: Homo
    There is nothing that can take it's place, Resist, +2 skills...what else does that?

Gloves: Magefist
    Faster cast rate and mana regen it beats out all the competitors

Rings: 2x soj
    Increase mana and +1 to skills and + mana you will need these because you have alomst no mana at this point and you will be ****ting 20 mana a spear and 30+ spirits that burn your mana so you need these.

Belt:Arachnid
    This is the only belt for any caster..+1 to skills Cast rate and max mana need I say more?

Boots:Treks
    There are many many options here but I use the treks because the marrow walk bug no longer works and the treks give you a nice stregth vita bonus and the FHR that we have been abusing up to this point. WEAR THESE!

Inventory:
    9x P&B grand charms
    HellFire torch
    Anni
    10x 20 life, 5 resist small charms

On switch:
    6 bo cta
    Lidless shield

Added in sockets:
    Ber your shako and P diamond your homo.

With all this your bone spear with war cries will hit level 48 and you will be posting up 6k damage with spear and can kill those vita barbs in 1-3 hits because you cant absorb or have resist to magic damage and that is what you will be putting out and that is what makes the bonemancer so good.

Other Options: - "most" are very expensive

Head: COA with 2x ber-- Magic Circ. Your looking for +2 P&B skills 20+ resist and at least 20% cast rate

Ammy: Magic ammy. Looking for +3 P&B resist and again more cast rate

Armor: only use nigma if you dont have nigma then dont make this character

Weapon: White ( Dol Io ) Only use this if you have a magic Circ. and ammy to make up for the loss of FCR from the hoto, you need 75% FCR at any given time, my build gives you around 90%-
    White gives you many addons to your skills and can have +8 to bone spear but dont use a crap one you need a good one.. google it to show you all the addons.

Shield: You could use Spirit or SS but I would only recommend the homo

Gloves: There is a big debate on the gloves you should wear but if you was fighting a cold sorc I would have trangs in your stash for the cold resist, or you could use frost burn because the huge +40% mana.

Rings: If you are using frost burn or have no problem with your mana then you could pop on a couple BKs because they add to life or you could put a raven frost for cold resist or even a couple magic rings with FCR resist and other mods but those are very very expensive.

Belt: Arachnid is the only option I wont recommend any thing else at all.

Boots: You could use war travs waterwalk or marrow walk but I do think the Treks are the best boots in the game for any class.

Inventory: Just stick with what I got up there, no real other options any ways
    =================================================================================================
    5. Strategy: From Easy to hard 1 is easy 10 is hard
    =================================================================================================
    1 Hammerdins: Just tele around and take the opportunity when they stop and throw up the hammers just spear them you make them look like newbs. Hammers are the easiest class to kill because they need to completly stop to attack you, and you can take 2-3 hammers no problem but usually I am untouched. Short and simple.

2 Any Close melee Character: This reffuring to chargers Zealers Conc barbs any thing that has to come close and swing. If they dont have enigma just spam them with prison and just **** your spears or you can play with them and teeth them to death while they are attacking your prison slow and painful. If they have enigma wich case almost none do just stand there let them come close and just take an easy kill while they are running up to you..is so easy. But the zealers you have to be carful with if you look away for a min your bone armor will be down..lol..your still not dead just recast bone armor and wait till they click charge on you and tele at that instant to some were like right behind them and spirit them then tele very close to them all around till your spirits hit kinda run them into your spirits.

3 Amazons: These little girls can get annoying but they cant touch you. They dont do enough damage to get threw your bone armor in time for you to realize you need to move. They will cast their slow missiles on you but see that only works on sorcs because all we need to do is spam prison on them and they are sitting ducks they cant hit you and the speed on your spears/teeth/spirit wont matter. Once they are trapped in your prison hit them till they die.. they will dodge about 50% of your attacks but again it dosnt matter just cast till they die they are stuck in your prison. If you wanna make it a closer fight then just tele and teeth or tele and spirit. This class would be the hardest to kill if you dont use prison because they can spam the air with arrow just like you do with teeth and you could tele into a mass amout of arrows and they could kill you very slowly as they dont do much damage and they dodge 1/2 of your attacks so just do the prison and take the ear.

4 WW Barbs: Stand there let them tele on top of you as soon as they do that time it just right as soon as they hit the WW you tele out of the way just out of they way but still close to them out of the way of the WW track. Your Bone armor can take the first 3 or 4 hits if you dont time it right just recast bonearmor and start over. While they are WW they are locked and cant do any thing cast spirit once you casted 4 or 5 or as many as you can or once his WW is done tele out of there.. if they arnt dead yet recast your bone armor if it's gone and do it again most die on the first round of an encounter with your spirits. Or you can do the same strategy that you use with casters just move and teeth move and teeth.

5 Casters: Ok first of all Your cast rate will be higher then almost any one you go up against so basically the key here is to stay away from them and **** teeth and no matter where they tele they will get hit spread the map with teeth and keep moving your teeth will be posting near 1.3-1.6k damage depending on the gear you choose. You will hit them 4-7 times and they wont hit you once. Another Strategy I have learned is fill an area with bone wall and stay in your bone wall you cant get hit unless they tele on top of you and if they do that just bone spear the cast 2 times and they are down, and your cast rate is so high you can **** 5 spears in less than a second. Teeth and moving is the basic strategy here.

6 Trapsins: Ok these guys might get you 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 4 but you are the superior class. Move and dont stop moving if you get close. If you pick to stay away you can bone wall the entire front of the traps and then finish that little ***** off with a few spears. or you can spam the air again with teeth or spirits that will seek out the traps and the sin. if you get close make sure to never stop moving or your done. Another option is to put 4 P topaz in a 4 OS shield and you can just walk up to the sin while getting hit and say hi have dinner then spear her ***. LOL. Keep moving and stay away is the strategy here.

7 Hurricain Druid: Ok they are getting harder. But again your the better class here. Dont let them tele on top of you. You move like the wind make them 1-2 tele behind you and just tele spear tele spear and tele and then spear they will slowly die or if you want stand there you can take 3-5 hurricain hits but they can only take 2-3 spears it's real chancy but that is what I do and I almost always kill them before they kill me.

8 FOH Pally: Ok the hardest yet. they can just sit there hold shift and click and it lock on to you but your range is higher then theirs you pick while they are standing there fly by prison them you will get hit once or twice (you should have lightning gear on the 4 P topaz shield) and still be live and wiggling tele out of the range of the FOH and they are still sitting there shift clicking on your prison just Bone spear their trapped *** that isnt paying attention.

9 Auradins: This is a some what new class basically if you get close your dead. One zeal or one charge and your dead. But you can take 3 aura hits and that is just enough time to kill them. Prison them real fast as you tele in you will be hit once or twice then spear their *** till they are dead. There is really no other way to kill them I have tried to stay away and not get hit and spear teeth the sky but I cant seem to get them down and once I tried the above methed I was finally succesful and got him down a few more times till he left the game. But he got me a couple times. I have only seen a few of these guys and only one was actually good but I bested him like 5 times and he got me 2 times. A new class to be reconded with? I am waiting to see a godly one own everyone.

10 Another Necro: Ok now you have to kill your self.. hmm you cant do it unless you get lucky. You will both tele around for 30 min till one of you time it right and hit the other as he stops to attack you. Cast Rate will win this fight.
    ====================================================================================================
    Ok I think that just about does it. If I have missed any thing or you think you can make the Guide better in anyway post or email me at
    [email protected]
    Flame away I will defend myself as much as I can.

2. Wizdomm

Wizdomm IncGamers Member

Re: Basic BoneNecro Guide

Good guide. Pretty standard stuff. The only thing I would disagree with is putting points after lvl 92 into bone armor. Your bone armor will already be over 900 def with good gear. Adding an extra 10 to it is really minor. I would put skill points in clay golem, golem mastery, and amp damage instead. I'd easily trade an extra 30 to my already-very-high-level bone armor to get a nice clay golem and amp. Why amp? Trying to level your character to mid-90s without amp to help out your merc and CE will take forever...unless your doing something scandalous like leech botting.

Also, it looks like your only going for 75 fcr. I think that is a big mistake. You definitely need 125 fcr on a boner.

3. gyrafalcon

gyrafalcon IncGamers Member

Wizdomm - I'm just curious. I've read numerous guides and some say 75fcr others say 125fcr. Is the 125fcr bp really necessary?

As for the guide, only thing that worries me is the use of 20life 5res scs. Those don't come by easily :X

4. Wizdomm

Wizdomm IncGamers Member

Against casters you really need to hit the 125 fcr. And 125 is not hard to hit...all the guy in the original post needs is to swap out the homunculus for a 35 spirit and then get 10 more from an ammy, ring, or helm.

5. ksully

ksully IncGamers Member

I just see no reason to put any points in to golem at all and you dont use a merc in pvp so you dont need amp, as for the 20 lifers/5 resist yeah they are rare but not as rare as some other stuff that other people use and if your going to be good you need the lEEt stuff if your going to spend alot of time on a character. :cool:

6. Wizdomm

Wizdomm IncGamers Member

Obviously, you don't need amp/merc in pvp. You need amp/merc lvling your char. I see no reason not spend one point in amp to help in that. What's the sacrifice? Ten defense points off your bone armor? I'll take that trade.

7. ksully

ksully IncGamers Member

To level your character? It takes about 6 play hours to get your character to level 90 and another 20 hours to get to 99. In baal runs!!! you dont level by yourself at all EVER! no need to go into that and waist points that could potentially save your life. I see no need.

8. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

I think a point into Decrepify is worth it, as well as a point into the Clay Golem. He's not meant to tank - if an enemy gets close they'll be slowed and a lot easier to take down. Especially if you combine clay golem with Decrepify.

Also, Necs without block will have trouble with pally's that use charge.

9. paul leung

paul leung IncGamers Member

i see that you completely concentrate on damage and vita.
    Apart from windy who is only 1 frame slower than u in tele,all other caster build will have no promblem catch you at all,even for bvc.And because I didn't see you mention fhr ,i assume you don't have much in it,enermy will stun lock you every easy and because you don't have block,there is no escape.you die more easily even have high life.
    Of course ,you can say that 'you not suppose to get hit', but with your slow fcr, i don't think it is too hard for them.
    It seem to me the only tatic possible for your build is stay 2-3 screen away,yeah really far always, and spam your spear and spirite in ? direaction and hope it will hit enermy.
    Of course ,if you Only duel in pubby where your oppents don't have any,i mean any, decent gears,then you are godly.
    Also the reason why you rate those auradin and foher so high is that your gears doesn't allow too much resist stack.The duel room is full of element caster,so.........
    basically,your build is just a over damage vita necro who doesn't hit all the necessilay fcr and fhr break point.
    That is just what i think,nothing personal.
    4:ww barb:if the barb is properly equi.ie:beast and grief,i don't think you can tank them at all,no a chance.
    10:my bonemancer is only deal 4k damage atm without all the necessaily charm add to it,but i did kill many Slow over damage necro easy.
    1 caster frame faster is far more important than some 100ish pvp damage imo.
    the only avdatge you have is vs PURE hammerdin,which yuo got it right this time.
    10x 20 life, 5 resist small charms:man this is not easy to get,i play uswest ladder,they cost around 10 hrs each

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  10. paul leung

paul leung IncGamers Member

quote:With all this your bone spear with war cries will hit level 48 and you will be posting up 6k damage with spear and can kill those vita barbs in 1-3 hits because you cant absorb or have resist to magic damage and that is what you will be putting out and that is what makes the bonemancer so good.
    Do you know anything about pvp penalty?6k spear damage before penalty,so that work out to be 1000 magic damage ,barb's life normally around 6000-8000 depends on build type,so no way you can kill them with 3 hit.in fact not even a sin who shall have 3200+ life.
    You keep on saying your 10 frame/sec cast rate is Fast,i do strongly suggest you shall check all the 'real possible' fcr of catser and realise necro is only in the middle in term of fcr. sorc/barb > pally/necro > druid/Sin > ama
    Since you can't stack resist, any elec/cold/fire can out damage you any time and if they use Es,they can even out tank you any time.And their fcr will able to allow them to dance around you and make you feel like a total dumb xxx.
    1:eek:n my paper,your life shall still below 4k(around 3.4k life with all godly life charms ,acutally?) pure hammerdin's magic damage is 2k+, so 2 hits is all it take to ko you since you don't use minion.
    6:just walk up to a trapsin/ghost/hypbid? If they got a iq of a 3 year old kid,they will mind blast you =you are toast
    7:you are suggesting tanking a windy?let me tell you they will have 6k life from bo and oak,their damage is around 1000 pvp damage and they have more minions than you do.Also you seem to not use any ravenforst or cham(rune),so..no win possible for you.

I suggest you shall duel more with properly build enermy,not just those low gear noob in pubby(that 's include me)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008