Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bashiok on Blizzcon

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Wolfpaq777, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Wolfpaq777

Wolfpaq777 Well-Known Member

Bashiok on Blizzcon

Looks like we might even get a little extra information from Blizzcon before it even starts =D

Here's a small tidbit from Bashiok that makes me really look forward to the coming weekend!

Link

2. WizardGurl

WizardGurl Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Bashiok on Blizzcon

I'm so excited!
    2 days!!!

3. Leugi

Leugi Diabloii.Net Member

I'm glad that we won't only get ninja'ed info and some site update... It's nice to see Blizzard will be posting at the forums...

And... wait... The Monk was leaked by Blizz themselves? that sounds, strange...

4. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

i am still on the damn fence about the virtual ticket, getting a little close lol

5. permaximum

permaximum Banned

Did you really believe that? Blizz does everything to keep it's image. Lying is one of them.

6. MiniMonk

MiniMonk Diabloii.Net Member

How was the Monk leaked in the first place? MiniMonk missed most of 09 Blizzcon, so he wouldn't know anything about that.

7. Frank_the_tank

Frank_the_tank Diabloii.Net Member

Am I the only one who thinks 30 euro for a virtual ticket is a bit steep? Divide that by half and we're getting somewhere. Alternatively add the option of only paying for and getting access to specific panels. Might be a hassle to set up, but it would be a much appreciated option for us poor sods of the world. Most people are probably only interested in one or two games anyway.

8. cacophony

cacophony Diabloii.Net Member

The official site in Korea (I think) updated the class screen a few hours before the reveal at Blizzcon. The new screen showed the monk. They took it down pretty quickly, and then put it back up after the Blizzcon reveal. I'm surprised more people don't remember this.

9. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Does that include keeping your image too? :scratchchin:

I hadn't heard of it until now, but a few hours won't matter if the Monk is an example. I didn't know about the Monk at all until I came here and saw the news page.

If there is a supposed leak, I personally won't care since I'll likely be at work or something and just find out here when I get back.

On another note, I CAN"T WAIT!

An hour or so of pure info on D3....:cloud9:

10. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

if they leak info anytime before my lunch break it wont matter to me lol. working on getting out of work early, would like to be home for the blizzcon event. i work on east coast so that will help out a lot

11. Moonfrost

Moonfrost Diabloii.Net Member

IIRC, a picture of the monk appeared on the official Asian D3 site not long (an hour?) before the planned announcement at Blizzcon.

12. Neltharion

Neltharion Diabloii.Net Member

If I didn't have to work Friday/Saturday I would have bought that Virtual Ticket, tired of the low quality videos in Youtube from last year or having to wait for somewhat better videos to show up days later on the fan sites.

Love the fact that they are doing recaps themselves on the forums after the panels.

13. AxeX

AxeX Diabloii.Net Member

If you're not tight on cash, I'd say go for it. I bought one, and I think its worth it. Live HD feed with video on demand and DVR functionality, what more could you ask for?

Compared to the several hundreds people spend to go to Blizzcon in person, I'd say your getting the deal of a lifetime. I too would like to pay only for what I want to see, but it worked out fine for me. I didn't pay the full $40 myself, instead I payed about $15 and then had friends who wanted to watch the WoW and SC2 panels pay the other $25 =P

You should still buy the ticket. There is a video on demand feature for ticket buyers where you can access the 50 hours of footage anytime you want for about a week I think after Blizzcon is over. EDIT: there is also a DVR functionality, so in case you can't watch it all before you lose access, you'll probably* be able to record what you need.

*I don't know how the DVR functionality will work as this is my first time buying the virtual ticket, but I'll definitely be trying to record as much as I can. Hopefully I can get some of this footage up on YouTube (in 1080p, I promise!) and post a link on here to them.

14. Ishtor

Ishtor Diabloii.Net Member

BlizzCon! Woot! I got the live tickets and off of works, so i can watch every geeks wet dream! If you think the price is steep find a friend to split the cost. Me and my friend went 50/50 and we are going to watch it on his 70 inch tv, thank you Dish!

15. Frank_the_tank

Frank_the_tank Diabloii.Net Member

I'd say 30 euro for taking part of some information shortly before it's published on the forums and youtube is very expensive. Especially since I got no interest in watching the WoW and Starcraft 2 panels. The cost of a real ticket is another story since you actually get to play the games and see a pretty major band live, among other things.

16. AxeX

AxeX Diabloii.Net Member

You can watch the band live, through the stream. I don't see the point in demos other than to show people what the game is like at that time. There is no point in you or I playing it, any info we could get out of it either will come from the panel, or someone else will post that info. Also, things change while in development. I believe playing a demo before playing the final, released version could very well ruin the experience.

You're not missing a damn thing by watching the stream over going to the Con in person.

17. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Playing the game does far more than just show info. You personally get a feel for the game's speed, feel, immersion, atmosphere, etc. All are impossible to tell from a video.

18. cacophony

cacophony Diabloii.Net Member

Shhhh! Don't tell that to the people who know how bad this game is going to be w/o ever playing it!

19. Leugi

Leugi Diabloii.Net Member

I said "strange", never did I say "believable"... (nor unbelievable, being fair)

Ah well... A moment of truth is near, I simply hope it just doesn't stir up more long and useless arguments...

20. AxeX

AxeX Diabloii.Net Member

True, but remind me Sass, what is the point in knowing all that?