Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BASE Energy as a Sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by neurro, May 21, 2005.

1. neurro

neurro IncGamers Member

BASE Energy as a Sorc?

I've been told this many times, but I'm running into a problem currently.

My sorc is level 65.. she's Chain Lightning/Frozen Orb. Harlequin, Occy, Whistan's Guard, Tal Belt, War Travs, Chance Guards. Will be using Tal Armor at 71. She has 367 mana.

I'm running with base energy right now and am finding it really difficult to teleport anywhere without chugging blues. Same applies for actual combat. Does this get better when you get 80+? Or should I put some points into energy?

2. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I suppose you wouldn't have a CtA... If you did 0 mana is fine for EVERY chars. When you get to lvl 80, the problem won't "go away" but it will certainly diminish.

These are equipment you can also change around for some lil extra mana:
    Lidless shield- 20% max mana increase
    Soj ring (2)- 20% max mana increase (40% if dual worn)
    Silkweave boots- 20% max mana increase

- Dennis

3. Kretschmer

Kretschmer IncGamers Member

Toss insight on your merc; problem solved.

4. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

you might have to sacrifice some mf in order to gain more mana from gear like

frostburn
    silkweave boots
    mesh belt

besides what realm do you play? ladder/softcore/hardcore?

5. jmorocks

jmorocks IncGamers Member

i find that the least expensive way of adding mana is by using those massive mana grand charms. they can spawn with 40+ and sometimes 50+ mana, i've got two of those with 12% fhr on them.

also a spirit shield is very worth the strength investment because it comes with 22 vitality and tons of mana, resistance, fast cast, +2 skills, MDR.... lidless doesn't even compare.

i see that you're using a whitstans though... if you went dex block on your build your block will be slightly lower, but i think you can live with that? just aim for something like 50% blocking (1 in 2 chance) or 67% (2 in 3 chance) depending on your taste. full block with a spirit monarch would require too much dex, and usually most spirit users don't go block. i have one that does and one that doesn't, and i think that the one with some block (~42%) has lived longer and gotten out of sticky situations.

rare or crafted mana boots would be nice, they can have up to 25% mf.

the same could be said with gloves, but if your mana is low magefists might be a better option as you regen more mana that way. or trang's glove if you really need the extra 20% cold res... i don't.

6. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

does the mana regen from magefist stack with warmth or is it calculated afterwords of before warmth ?

7. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

It stacks....

8. txmielnik

txmielnik IncGamers Member

I have the same problem on my hydra sorc, but my blizzard sorc has no problems with base energy and level 10 warmth. The thing is you need the elite equipment, my bliz sorc has, frosties, shako, stones, cta, lidless. Maga regeneration equipment and 1 sill point into warmth, plus any items with plus skill points will solve your problem.

:thumbsup:

I think fire sorcs have best mana regeneration.