Bartuc's CutThroat-totally noob q

mrGrobyILM

Diabloii.Net Member
Bartuc's CutThroat-totally noob q

I stoped playing LoD about 2,5 years and have recently started to play it, yet again.
I figure alot has changed since the last time I played, so I decided to experiment a bit in single-player, just to get myself ready for bnet, and there the problem apeared.
I CAN'T FIND BARTUC'S CUT-THROAT.
I've been doing Shenk->Eldrich->Pindleskin runs like an idiot. Even Baal runs didn't help me.
I have about 350mf and I'm still on Nightmare.
So, if anyone has any sugestions on how to find the "almighty" Bartuc's please do reply.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
The only way is to keep on running. Looking for a specific item usually gets very tedious. You might want to visit the Single Player trade forum and see if someone wants to trade one to you.

Are

Diabloii.Net Member
You'll have to do really many runs before you would be expected to find one.. On average, Nightmare Baal drops a Bartuc's once in 590 runs when you have 350% MF.

The other SuperUniques you mention drops it once in 6641 runs, so they're basically just a waste of your time.

The best bet for a Bartuc's in Nightmare is Diablo, who drops it once in 192 runs.

Megafusion

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm, i play on east and have found 2 pairs of bartucs already, i guess its just luck, u might try running hell andy and hell meph if u are high enough lvl, they seem to drop it more often

aman

Assassin Moderator
I think he meant high enough level to cope with them as they can be quite hard if your too low a level and playing untwinked

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator
Yes, but he said single-player. I admit he doesn't want to/can't trade items under any form :scratch: ?
SP has a trading forum. Just play the game and collect tradables, or look for something different so that the game can drop bartuc's for you:rolleyes: Looking for one particular item is not such a good idea :smiley:

MIke

mrGrobyILM

Diabloii.Net Member
You'll have to do really many runs before you would be expected to find one.. On average, Nightmare Baal drops a Bartuc's once in 590 runs when you have 350% MF.

The other SuperUniques you mention drops it once in 6641 runs, so they're basically just a waste of your time.

The best bet for a Bartuc's in Nightmare is Diablo, who drops it once in 192 runs.
Thanx...ALOT!!!
I've read somewhere that the best drop probabilty for Bartuc's is at Baal[nightmare]. I think it was at horadric library (site), but I guess they got it wrong. Or, maybe the best drop stats were from a different version...
Anyway, thanks again!
I look forward to finding it on MY OWN (no trades!!!)!!! :afro:

PS Does anybody know where I can find info on where do certain items drop best or anything?

TeknoRat

Diabloii.Net Member
Atma's Drop calculator. I think there is a link for the program in the Community forum. Its somewhere on the forum. It has drop calculations for everything, including the different patches.

mrGrobyILM

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks! It works like a charm...:smiley:
Although I am a bit conserned about how much time it's going to take to actually find some of these items....:smiley:

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Although I am a bit conserned about how much time it's going to take to actually find some of these items....:smiley:
Don't think! They made this game a click-and-play game for a reason! :azn:

Nightmare Mephisto pukes out Bartucs when he gets beat up too frequently! :prop:

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
You should check out the Single Player forum, there is a thread about the Grail quest. Basically everyone in that thread is searching for one of every single item in the game. If you read through the posts you'll see how long it really does take to find everything, it's quite the project.