Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bard Barb new build!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by NinjaTurtleRocky, Mar 2, 2004.

1. NinjaTurtleRocky

NinjaTurtleRocky IncGamers Member

Bard Barb new build!

Me and this guy named PenguinMessiah are making a new barb build....its a warcry barb...probably already been done but im going to post it.
    20 Howl
    20 Taunt
    20 Battle Orders
    20 Battle Cry
    20 War Cry
    1 into any other skill you see fit. this is Hardcore USEAST Ladder and my name is Rockygc if u wanna give me a message!

2. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

it's been done (i had one in 1.09) IIRC it is Alainpp66 that is the expert on them
    Good luck with it
    I'd suggest depending on gear a 2 vit 3 energy approch

end gear

shako
    vipermagi//quehagen//enigma(i havnt seen one yet :p)
    2x wiz spike (maybe ull want a blocking shield in HC moser//whitans)
    Gloom Trap//Arach belt
    Frost burns
    Silkweave
    SOJ//+mana//+life rings
    + skills/+ mana +life ammy

Careful not to have too high of a lvl Warcry because even with mana pool of 4k anything past 35 or so has a very poor mana=damage ration

3. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife IncGamers Member

just a thought but why not max shout, battle order and battle command, then the warcry that does dmg.

the first three are synergies of each other so it would make sense. Then the warcry that does dmg and a synergy for it if it has one.

4. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

3 Synergies and the Main skill that's a lot of skill points all ready. They need to max Battle orders for the Mana. Shout isn't as important since the attack stuns an area. The build in general is tight on skill points.

I'm pretty sure there is a 1.09 guide. If Alainp666 didn't do one then I know Mongojerry did. Just search for the adventures of Gunter. He uses Trang's Set for the fireball and firewall.

Fair warning Mongojerry's characters are usually single player PvM so if you're looking to go any other route you'll have problems.

Personally, I believe that Blizzard sees this strictly as a support skill. Most 2 handed Bezerkers use it well. The damage has been converted to Physical (1.09 was magic) which nerfs it considerably. Lastly the synergies are ridiculous +6%? Blessed hammer gets 14% and Firestorm gets 23%... If you don't have a mastery (like the sorcies do) then single digits just don't cut it.

But I digress. It's fun and challenging just know that going into it.

5. memememe173

Sorry but it was Physical in 1.10 and with average gear you can hit 1k and with at least the 110?fcr break that's pretty good (as long as you have the mana too keep it chugging out) which is why i reccomend the 2vit 3 energy approch

So many Singing threads in 1.10 I'm gonna right a Guide (though I'm sure Alainpp66 could be somewhat:uhhuh: of a help)

6. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Hehe, Singers. One of the top 3 chars on my all-time list.

Fun. If you actually run the numbers, take all your Charms into account and calc absolutely everything, you could Possibly get by with a 1Vit/4Energy Ratio, imo. Only for extreme cases though...

The Mana builds up, and even in 1.10, with Maxed Res you don't need much more than 2000 Life which can be easily achieved. Physical attackers are normally melee, and therefore easily controlled. You have to Squeeze out all the mana you can, if you're going for the kill.

(FCR break is 105)

I may decide to remake my Singer for 1.10, to see the possibilities... but haven't played any Non-Ladder.

That first skill setup is exactly how I'd do it... I'd be certain to get Leap too though. Just too valuable a skill. (Unless you use Enigma)

1 in Increased Stamina/Run definitely doesn't hurt... especially with a fair amount of +Skills.

Btw Royalesses, Dmg was Physical in 1.09 also.

7. memememe173

ya I said 2/3 because I wasn't sure about his wealth

And I shall start my guide but it'll be awhile seeing as I'm sick atm and can't do thinking for a long pierod

8. NinjaTurtleRocky

all i ask is for u guys to remember ME as one of the first singers!!!!

9. NinjaTurtleRocky

thanks for looking....right now my stats are efffed up but im gonna keep on going
    83 str
    28 dex
    base eng
    95 vit
    im gonnna pump dex and get a shield for max block rate
    im not puting any into mana cuz im gettin mana + gear
    so i want stats to be
    120 str
    250 dex
    base eng
    rest vit
    i dont see any problem with this...cept for maybe a low mana pool....but if so i'll have to remake....oh well!

10. NinjaTurtleRocky

ok nvm screw it im remaking
    with the 2/3 ratio.....hope this works thanks guys

11. royalesse

Y'all sure? I could have sworn killing phys immuned maulers on the bloody foothills? Maybe I'm thinking 1.08 or maybe I'm getting it confused with my old shockbear... but I do remember groups of stunned magic immunes dying in an akward but funny way...

12. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Hehe, to bad, I think I'm one of the first Singers in 1.10 ;) My first ladder char was a singer, but I use him as a mule now because I had to much str and didn't really wanna rebuild him. He didn't do to well in hell, but he had no skillers and really crappy gear (peasant crown, wiz and a +3warcry spear were his top items, remember, start of L ;)) so I guess with decent stuff he may not be a killer, but he'll survive AND be very welcome in any party (stun-stun-stun, who doesnt love that)

13. NinjaTurtleRocky

i never said i was THE first...just one of the first...im not remaking...i figure wtih 2x wizpike i can get plenty of mana..and with +gear....im gonna go a little bit into dex, str to atleast 120 and rest into vit!

14. memememe173

you will need some points into mana I made a 2 open barbs to test 1 with the most elite gear and no energy and another with gear i can afford and mana and the average and energy won out by alot

just save some points and like alain said (and i second) aim for 2k life and my 3-4k mana (depends on the lvl WC you'll have at the end)

15. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

I'm sorry, and I don't mean to offend... but you're not even "one of the first". Not in Diablo, and probably not even in 1.10.

Singer barbs are nothing new.

16. memememe173

Can anyone help me out and tell me who has that singer guide in 1.09 I want to give proper credit in mine

17. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

I do believe it was Skitril, along with someone else.

Shockwave is Physical damage too... and Magic immunes dying to either one isn't a strange happening. (Unless of course you meant Physical... In that way, not possible)

18. royalesse

Derhey... meant phys immunes... now I'm just not convinced either way... I'd rollback my software to check but I'm just not that interested.

19. NinjaTurtleRocky

ok my barb died but im remaking.....with the 2 vit 3 engery build cuz im poor as mess....well i hope this works better....my barb was lvl 45 and died cuz of baal run lag.....oh well!

20. royalesse

umm... you're doing this in hc and you're poor (no offense I'm as poor as dirt too.)? U are nutz ;P