Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

barbs no longer viable for dueling??

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Royal_Paladin14, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Royal_Paladin14

Royal_Paladin14 Banned

barbs no longer viable for dueling??

havne't seen a dueling barb guide or even threads about barb dueling since 1.10. are barbs really so useless now that no one can come up with a build or ideas to make them viable for dueling?

2. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

How about you start writing one? :rolleyes:

3. BT-LightDash

BT-LightDash IncGamers Member

take a look at my thread =)
    barbs are defintely still viable
    same goes to all other classes

4. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

how many games duelin games have you entered recently since 1.10 came out? I would say besides these godly teleportin Necros out there, Barbs are rulein the roost, or more to the point

WE OWN THIS MUTHA!

Its really just based down to resits, DR, AR, and speed. You WILL have to have some items switched in your stash, but to make a pvp barb is make pretty much any of the barbs stickied up top, item wise and stats. I've made a zerker/concentrate, tho both in pvp WW more than anything, and I use my class main skill when I feel I can show them true power.. Zerk/necro, concentrate/barbs/palys/zons. But WW, even tho not a mian skill, and clicked once still works great.

But I would think a true pvp barb would go WW as main, with zerk clicked once. Maybe a run down;

WW=max
    Mastery=max
    Shout=max
    BattleOrders=max
    Zerk=1
    Natural=1
    Increased Speed=1
    IronS.=1
    BattleCommand=1
    BattleCry=1

there, that seems doable, the rest of the points could maybe put into IronS. or IncreasedSpeed (speed IS important in pvp).
    And item wise, well prettymuch most know what to use there. Tho I havent had luck with getting the Angelico set rings/ammy, but some of these 25k AR wins, esp in these bvb, or melee duels.

5. Royal_Paladin14

Royal_Paladin14 Banned

hmm the truth is barbs have no chance agianst necros and hammerdins. and smiters own them too. they can't tank most elemental casters without aborb and lots of max reists which if they do they'll have to sacrfice a lot. even melee zons can kill eth botd barbs.

6. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

I disagree completely with your post, My barb is 50/50 with most good hammerdins, bone necs are usually easy, some elemental sorcs can be hard yes but I still kill most of them too. I die sometimes by smiters with life tap, otherwise I can usually kill them too.

7. Scarpachi

Scarpachi IncGamers Member

Max DR/Block Hammerdins, Wind Druids, and Bone Necros will humble you quickly. These bastards are just hard to break through. Their damage is unresistable. Now my barb has 5k life. And its just ridiculous how easy he can take damage. Usually these chars are using the barbs own skills agaisnt him. **** enigma and **** CTA.

There is a chance a BOTD Ghost Spear WW barb can beat these chars. Excellent WW is needed though.

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Wind druids aren't unresistable. But yes they tear barbs up.

9. CyberHawk

Currently I have only been beatin by 3 smiters, and 2 of them used lifetap, the other was just badass. I'm able to count becasue of such low numbers, and I duel 4-5 days a week, public.

Hammerdins, true they are hard to take in melee, but who said I melee? I got duel Demon Archs to take care of most of them. And the ones that have max block, and huge gobs of DR, ya they are the problems...but in oh lets see....7-10 hammerdins, cant take my double throw javs, and esp not my posin damage. I dont kill'em everytime, but hey, if they keep running back into town, doesnt that count as I win?

Necros are my hardest opponent. I usually switch to berzerk, which my hardest hitting weapon, Hellslayer is what I use. 1 hit will kill most, but I'm having AR problems there, nearly 15k aint doing what i thought it would.

Zons...puuulease, I havent been killed by one yet, esp no damn melee jabzon.

So to sum it up....I have problems with 1 class...Necros..not to bad considered its hard to play a character to kill every class made for pvp.

Sorcs are the easiest,(and I dont suffer a bit with my resits, sowhat I switch my SS for a MosersP/Diamonds, easy) with druids/assassin following that up. Actually the Assassin is the odd ball for me, some fall unreal fast, others run like hell, and take hits..I'm 50/50 there. Most dont hostile me, once they see my resistance, and I dont bother to chase them all night.

FOH....no comment there. 8-10 of them kill me in 2 shots. And I got 85 lightning res. with 20 absorbs, and yet I still die...basterds.:)

Its all about angles, these that use Enigma, yes there challenge rating goes up fast, but thats when you revert back to skill....Windy's are easy of there dont tele(javs again), if they do..just run like hell, and WW back in there direction, they mot times get hit..do this 3-4 times you win. But they will not OWN you, if you learn tatics with them. Treat Hammerdin that tele's the same way. And be careful of random hammers still flying. And never let there.."WHY YA RUNNING" mess with yer head, they would rather you assume the postion and get killed...I tell them, "well why dont I just stand here, maybe strip my gear, and let you kill me..I guess thats would satisfy you uh?"
    If they cant take the game, unhostile me, or leave *****..:) (throw that in, they will surely run after you then.:))

10. Fire_Dragon

Fire_Dragon IncGamers Member

I've never had a problem with a wind druid... you can block there tornadoes. 75% block means I don't take much dmg, plus I like to tele alot and I mean ALOT! Since twisters only move in front of the druid (erraticly) just tele to the other side and ww him, then tele away. Simple. As for bone necros, not that tough. Generally a high life bone necro can only take 1 zerk from a fully outfitted godly barb, sometimes 2. I probably win 9/10 duels against them. As for hammerdins... yeah... they are a pain, they own me :hanky: . Barbs are amazing, but only if you know how to ww really well, control your teleports and are rich enough to equip one (you have to be MASSIVELY rich!). If yu are having trouble breaking through a bone necro, zerk him... cheesy but its unresistable. Sorcs = dead. Put on your absorb gear and its over, period. Only sorc you should EVER have trouble with is a blizzard sorc (they are currently bugged). Hope some of this gave you ideas on how to better handle these classes.

P.S.
    Losing to a smiter? How on earth did that happen...

11. CyberHawk

Ahh, come on now, real MANLY MAN barbs dont tele.:) I'm still a foot warrior.............until I get an Enigma. :teeth:

12. Fire_Dragon

Fire_Dragon IncGamers Member

LOL! Good one hawk :clap: !

13. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

Yes, plz tell me. I have never lost to a smiter and I know some pro smiters, and these smiters WERE using lifetap. Its all about your ww technique.

Barbs are possibly THE most underrated of any char in the pvp scene. The only difference between playing a barb and other chars is it takes MUCH more skill to use a pvp barb effecticely then it does to use a sorc or necro for example. If you are doing well and its not for lack of items guess what ............ theres only one thing left and thats lack of skill. I can take down necros, wind druids, hammerdins, trapsins, fohers, smiters, blizz sorcs, fireball sorcs, you name it and I can take it down. Now as with any class there are hard matches but it really just comes down to the skill lvl of you and your opponent. For example I can go 90% or better with just about any public necro but when I'm dueling some of the godliest necros on east I might be going as little as 50/50. Another thing to consider is a great pvp barb is much more equipment dependent.

So to answer your question. No barbs are still perfectly viable for dueling, however the skill lvl required to play a pvp barb effectively has become alot greater.

14. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I want to duel you now..you must have been dueling some newb wind druids. :uhhuh: You're on east though right :grrr:

15. CyberHawk

OMG...I couldnt have said it better. Rock on barbs, rock on! Skill/tatics are everything, and if alot of these pvp'ers would learn that, duelin, would become true hell.:)

I think of this past week in a duel, there was a barb,(and I dont really like duelin barbs, being I'm so widespread to concnetrate on one class, as alot of bvb are), but he wore the godlest gear, but yet, I still kept beatin' him. He fiannly said, what do you use? I showed him, and I asked..."why am I beating you?", he says "I have no idea!"....but then it happend...when i would battlecry him, he would say "what is that?, is that like a necro skill".... :scratch: ...learn your class people, learn your class. :thumbsup:

But back on my bvb comment, also this week, this barb was to say the least, very impressive...towards me. But of course he was, he was built for just bvb, and once I heard that, "your barb is weak"....I hostiled the assassin in the game, and ran outside taking on the lighning, and challenge him one more time to a fight...of course i'm taking the full ligtning shots, typng at the same time...when he runs out, takes like 4 shots..dies...and of course I say..."now whose weak", and then I killed the assassin standing 4 inches away from me.:)..Man I love those kinda of games!

16. BT-LightDash

BT-LightDash IncGamers Member

i am pretty sure tornado can't be blocked even though it does physical damage

only exception would be zon's passive and assn's weapon block

and pure hammerdins are honestly overated
    like cyberhawk says double throw will own them
    [unless they tele but u still have a good chance against them]

i think the problem with most barbs is they are still doing the typical s/s barb and expect to win like in the good old 1.09 which obviously isn't the case.

17. Panders

Panders IncGamers Member

I just have to say this....

"Barbs are possibly THE most underrated of any char in the pvp scene" *sniffles* I remember back in 1.09 when that was Necro instead of barb. I miss that. =(

18. Royal_Paladin14

Royal_Paladin14 Banned

stop posting your noob calling crap on my thread.

19. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Is it that you realize you're getting banned so you just want to flame as much as possible?

20. Royal_Paladin14

Royal_Paladin14 Banned

i win 8/10 duels wiht my barb but that's cuz most people in pubs are not that great and lots of them are poorly equiped. but a caster with equally good gear played by an equally skilled player should beat a barb who doesn't stack absorb or max reists like crazy. and you haven't been killed by zons cuz you haven't dueled good ones. charged strike zons do insane damage if u don't absorb or stack resists. and smiters with doom,eth exile are very hard to beat for a 1 hand barb. i've killed many tele necros bone necros with bo but some of them just keep teleing awya and spam back u cant' catch them and really strong ones can tank you. and i woudlnt' call zerk cheesy when yoru dueling againast a bone necro lmao. 15k hammer dins are no joke almost any barb will die in 3 hits or less. and they can just run back and forth in their hammer fields no way to get close.