Barbs: faster run/walk?

Avraham

Diabloii.Net Member
Barbs: faster run/walk?

For an mf popping barb who is running both solo (trav, andy, nm cs), and in a hell cs game, is it worth it to put one point into both increased stamina and faster run/walk? Just for the sake of keeping up with your party and/or being able to get to unique corpses before they're redeemed/ce?

Xp also plays a part in this. If you can't keep up with your party, you'll lose a lot in terms of xp and drops. Without faster run/walk I'm always left behind with a case of the chills (frozen spell), followed by another barb.

Thanks,

Av

P.S. What's to explain for the lack of barbs on the overall ladder? Does it have to do with final hit = more xp? Or does it have to do with barbs being so far behind when it comes to gathering xp? Afterall, it's a sorceress at the top of the ladder... nowhere near the barb.

LizAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
My guess is the lack of killing speed in cs in combination with dying and losing xp due to Iron Maiden.. most baba's just do BO and not much more in cs, a bit boring?.. but I can be wrong ;)

Avraham

Diabloii.Net Member
My guess is the lack of killing speed in cs in combination with dying and losing xp due to Iron Maiden.. most baba's just do BO and not much more in cs, a bit boring?.. but I can be wrong ;)
That fits my description, BO, battle command and, if asked for, shout. Right now I'm working on a new popping barb -- had to redo my popper three times in a row now. First mistake I made was maxing FI, next I was a Baron, and the last time had to do with wanting to have my "Andy glitch."

However, I will say that because we barbs do nothing but bo, I tire out less quickly. I can do 100+ cs runs every day (if it weren't for realm downs).

Avraham

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been thinking about perhaps just being within eyeshot of the seal bosses in cs and making a mad dash for the next seal when it's about to be popped. You see, I can't make it from seis to viz without being severely handicapped by seis' and co.'s curses. I wonder if going straight to viz instead of with the dins / fellow barbs to seis would work?

Kiwi Legend

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been thinking about perhaps just being within eyeshot of the seal bosses in cs and making a mad dash for the next seal when it's about to be popped. You see, I can't make it from seis to viz without being severely handicapped by seis' and co.'s curses. I wonder if going straight to viz instead of with the dins / fellow barbs to seis would work?
Put points in r/w. It makes it much more fun rippin around CS.

Rawly

Diabloii.Net Member
P.S. What's to explain for the lack of barbs on the overall ladder? Does it have to do with final hit = more xp? Or does it have to do with barbs being so far behind when it comes to gathering xp? Afterall, it's a sorceress at the top of the ladder... nowhere near the barb.
I dont know about your realm but in europe there a babas nearer the top of ladder than amazon or necros, you got 2 options for being a cs baba do it properly and be a ladder baba with a singer/poper hybrid or go for pvp baba that gives shout and bo and just sits back and leaches exp both require patients which is not really baba style you cant afford to attack in cs with whirl wind at any time when you are lv 90+
To move around quicker make use of leap attack onto empty space or leap to clear a path with knock back.

deichsela

Diabloii.Net Member
Why not be a Baron?

That fits my description, BO, battle command and, if asked for, shout. Right now I'm working on a new popping barb -- had to redo my popper three times in a row now. First mistake I made was maxing FI, next I was a Baron, and the last time had to do with wanting to have my "Andy glitch."
What's the problem with being a Baron?