Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barbarians versus pally questions.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by IHATENAMES, Apr 17, 2005.

1. IHATENAMES

IHATENAMES IncGamers Member

Barbarians versus pally questions.

Can charge be blocked? Everytime a pally charges at me I get hit even though I have 50% block rate.

Also when ur dueling should I put my barb on walk so that he has a higher defense and block rate?

2. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

ur probably are running. When u run, ur drop rate cut down to 33%.

U need 75%block against all melee chars, and high defense. (if u want to be a good pvp barb)

3. Neurofuzzy

Neurofuzzy IncGamers Member

I am not sure, but i think charge is unblockable.

4. D2Freak91776

D2Freak91776 IncGamers Member

I am 100% sure that charge is blockable.

5. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Assuming he's talking about wwbarbs; no you dont. You only need block&def in bvb period.

6. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

No you need open wounds as well.

And I am 100% shure charge is blockable.

The big problem with charge is it is a 1 hit killer. It does have weakness. With 75% block rate they have a 25% chance of hitting you. Now think about having a really hard def to be hit. Now that chance of being hit by a charger drops.

7. MoreGameThanPS2

MoreGameThanPS2 IncGamers Member

defence doesnt' mean a whole lot vs charge, their ar is insane without using angelics, if your gonna use a shield, you MUST have max block, if not its a huge waiste, whirl into their charges and when you connect, their charge will be broken and they'll need to rejoin game, do long whirls vs them to cut the desync problem, your weopon needs to be at the bare minimum oath to even have a chance at pvp

8. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

No, im just talking about all kinds of barb in general. True, u only need a shield and defs against in bvb. (or another ww barb)

9. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

I was saying that wwbarbs only need def and block vs other wwbarbs. All other melee are beatable (and in 99% of the cases very easy) without block and with crap def.

Charge vs ww is pathetic. Even without block/def there is no chance they can kill you if you just keep whirling, preferably away.
    If they hit you at all they're lucky.

10. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

yes... but then he can lure you in to making ww by fake charge, and afterwards tele behind you and start smiting in your ww probably hitting you with life tap and smashing you down... or something :uhhuh:

Nah I'll admit that barb vs charger = barbs advantice ^^ though a pala can make a lot of tricks ;)

11. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Nono, that doesn't work. Not at all. First off, ww >>>>>>>>> smite.
    Secondly, wwbarbs are the one who pulls the tricks vs pure chargers, i.e. fake pauses between whirls, tele/ww etc. A wwbarb who keeps whirling is pretty much unkillable.

Ww >>>>>>>>>>> charge/smite/zeal so hard it's not even a duel.

Smiters on ladder might change that though, will be really interesting when grief comes to nl =)

12. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

And I am saying in barb vs barb you want open wounds to kill off the barb you are dueling. I am not talking about a barb vs caster build fighting the same build. I have found that a high def+75% block rate. could kill those kinds of barbs. I know that the best thing to have vers any ww barb is open wounds+90lvl.

Also ya I know alot about paladins they are my fav. class to play as. If I made a charger I would have gone with the 2 handed high damage ebotds.

13. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

zealot need a lot of skills to beat a dedicate ww barb. The ww area effect covered simply outweight and other melee skills in game. (Unstoppable, 6 attack per ww, ouch!)

Btw, smiter does have a chance to beat ww barb if he is well-equipped and skillful.

14. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Yeah, my BvAll got his ass kicked by this one superexpensive smiter (astreons, dracs, exile, all the BM goodies :uhhuh: ), until I pulled out my secret weapon.. ::drummrolls:: a wand with lifetap charges !! I totally whooped his ass then ^_^ But in general, if the chars are more or less the same in equip and skill a barb will win 5-0. My barb loses vs the good smiters because his equip is worth 1/10th of what they use :(

HoD

15. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Of course you need open wounds in bvb, but why bring it up in this thread?

Mr.Popo: No NL-smiter has ANY chance at all of beating a good wwbarb.
    Botd+beast, 50% dr & 13k ar >>>>>>>>>>>> any smiter if you know how to whirl.

16. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

I was thinking about using grief when I wrote before... but still couln't anyone make a damage / leech / life / speed / defence output between a max smiter versus a max ww'er? To be honest I think the smiter theoretical has a great Chance ^^ though I don't have time to make the calculations by myself right now :(

17. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Ah yeah, grief allows for less mistakes by the barb. A damage-comparision as you decided is useless however. On paper even NL-smiters >>>>>>> wwbarbs. Thing is, competent barbs will barely get hit at all if they whirl right.

18. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Ah yes how could I forget about range :p I guess that's what you're talking about, and not ww right threw becuase a pala will mostly block faster than a barb (unless the barb duels wild with 2fpa :eek:) The damage is greater with the pally you say? Well then I won't calculate, because then would the leech also be greater with 50%. The speed will of course be greater at the barb. The same with the life, though as you say, if the barb is so good that he can avoid getting hitted, then yes of course he will win ^^ Though I don't believe that anyone is that good ;)

Ps: Please don't ask me for a duel now, and say you're right because I'm not able to paticipate. :(

19. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

Not every bva barb uses grief and a shield. My PvM polearm barb duels all the time, and gets his share of kills. I always whirl away from my opponents, and a suprising amount of paladins will just run after me , swing, miss because I am still moving, run after me, swing, I finish my whirl and whirl again, they run after me, swing, so on and so forth.

I've had people laugh at me when I join a game. "Omg polearm barb lol". This one guy checked out my gear with mh "LoL botd is so last month. It's all about grief". I've beaten grief barbs and grief pally's with my ebotd great poleaxe.

So this whole "You must have a shield" thing is incorrect. If they run, their defense is reduced to 0 (I think), and their block is also reduced. My ebotd hits the lowest weapon break point for ww and my ar is over 12k.

You dont HAVE to have a shield to win. At least in my experience you dont.

20. mcm

mcm Banned

Unfortunately not. Grief Smite is just as much of a joke as any other smite if the barb can pick his attacks. Only chance a pally w/ grief has is by using FOH to make the barb attack or die. But we just did extensive tcp/ip game testing of a variety of godly paladins vs BVC baba and none of them have ANY chance versus even sub-optimal baba gear recipes.