Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barbarian stats(I'm a noob)

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by clownshoes, Jul 8, 2010.

1. clownshoes

clownshoes IncGamers Member

Barbarian stats(I'm a noob)

Hey, I'm new to Diablo 2. I'm playing the single player mode as a Barbarian(I'm level 6 at the moment). It's pretty easy easy so far, but I really have no idea how I should be allocating my stat points. I don't mean to ask for a "best build", but I'd like to try to avoid any big screw-ups in terms of this. I've been spreading stat points fairly evenly between my attributes so far, and I've decided to go down the tree of Combat Skills. Thanks in advance.

2. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

Re: Barbarian stats(I'm a noob)

With the new respec option added, I would not worry that much about your first few levels. You can adjust your stat/skill points at least once before going too far into the game, say before Duriel or Mephisto. However most suggest that you quaff potions of mana instead of putting points into energy. Especially for a barbarian who gets only one mana per stat point invested into energy as opposed to four life for that same point spent into vitality. Most of your skills are only a few points of mana per swing and you get Battle Orders which you should almost always max. It will nearly double your life and mana at max.

I would also suggest that you ask over at the Barbarian forum and check out some guides listed in the sticky. Also since you play single player let me invite you over to the single player forum where you can find a lot of good info and a program called ATMA/GoMule that will enable you to have an unlimited stash and transfer items between characters like on b.net.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010