Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barbarian - IK / LIFE

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Aoctoy, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Aoctoy

Aoctoy IncGamers Member

Barbarian - IK / LIFE

Alright, my barbie is level 31 now. With his BO he gets up to almost 1100 hp. This is tremendous since I never die XD. Of course I am hardcore, and that is great because I never even get down to 65%. The true question is this;

All I have of the IK set is; Maul, Gloves, Boots, Helm

Armor is the hardest to get, so that's the last thing we're looking at - but for now, what can I MF on my barbie to find the belt?

On a side note, do you think 1100 hp is good for a level 31?

Another note - Can normal baal and nightmare andy drop the IK belt? If not, where should I start the search for this relic?

Where can the armor drop.. I've never seen it... to be honest! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help and tips =).

2. xduckster

xduckster IncGamers Member

1100 HP :shocked: Yea, that's pretty good.

On to your question: The IKSC is a TC87, meaning, you can only find it in hell in the tc87 areas, like pindle, pits, tunnels etc.

To find the IK belt, the best place is probably hell meph. You're still in normal so it can't drop yet. In nightmare, baal has the best chance closely followed by diablo. (By close I mean ~250 with 300 mf, players7. Look in Atma.)

Remember the cardinal rule: If your looking for it, it will not fall!! :badteeth:

Edit: Normal baddies can start dropping it in act 3 NM. Bosses sometime in act 2 NM. NM andy can't drop it. Trying to run NM meph for it is not a good idea. Something like 1/4000.

3. Aoctoy

Aoctoy IncGamers Member

Yea I'm aware of that rule. Thanks, I thought maybe it could drop somewhere in NM :embarassed:....Hm... Thank you for the help! oh and btw.. i only have like 75 vit :jig: I shall now look in atma.. i just wanted to know some opinions, I don't trust ATMA :rolleyes:

1100+ HP in this one

666 HP in this, raw equipment

Max the window and then highlight the image, and then a fit to screen button will come up. This will make it easier to read.

Ooooh BTW he just pwned normal Baal on 8pl.

4. Aoctoy

Aoctoy IncGamers Member

Alright what level should I be in Act 1 NM - I'm having big Chance to hit % problems. I'm down to like a 65% chance to hit them now. I have 190 str, and im starting to pour everything into vit. Any suggestions? I'm level 44..I am using concentrate, I've been waiting until 47 to start using WW - I think I might need more leech! Once I get my IK set going I will have more leech. Until then, how can I fix my AR problem?

5. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Angelic Amulet and 1 or 2 Rings will massively increase your AR. If you don't have those then maybe a Ravenfrost or Steel Charms, I think GCs are easy to find/cube and can come with over 100 AR.

6. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

3 non item based suggestions - Blessed Aim mercs, or socket some amethysts (really poor man method!).

I dont really know why you are having chance to hit problems with a Barb though to tell you the truth - have you been pumping your main attack skill?..... Anyway - everytime you go up a difficulty, expect to have a period where you are a little lower than the monsters and therefore have a lower chance to hit. Chance to hit is predominantly comparing your level to the target level.

So suggestion number 3 - go back to normal and run around Act 5 on players 8 for a couple more levels - maybe run Baal a couple of times.

7. Aoctoy

Aoctoy IncGamers Member

I'm almost level 50 now, and unfortunately, I do not have a ravenfrost, angelic, or any of that stuff. :cry: It's getting slightly better now, but I hate Acts II and III :rolleyes: We shall see how my journey goes :rolleyes:

8. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

With my HC Barb I farmed NM Andy for the Angelic gear. I was mainly looking for rares to improve my gear but I got lucky and found the Amulet, and the Ring is very common and you will find one soon, it's no use without another piece of the set though.

I would recommend against Baal running for more levels, it would be pretty slow and boring at your current level. I would have to go with the Blessed Aim merc idea for now whilst you are lacking some of the gear.

Have you spent any points in your chosen mastery yet? That will boost your AR.

9. Llathias

Llathias Banned

You might also consider using Battle Cry against especially tough enemies. Of course, you can use it against every single monster, but that'd be tedious. As you invest more points into your mastery and attack skill, you'll find it easier to hit monsters due to the AR bonuses.

I personally wouldn't try to find an IK Armor with this char, as it's very rare and hundreds of runs with a melee char (though relatively safe as a barb) is not something I'd do in HC.

And just a small tip... If you use the "quick reply" panel or the "post reply" button below the bottom left of the last post, instead of the one on the bottom-right corner, you won't be quoting the last post. You can also delete all or part of the quoted text.

10. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

If you use a rogue merc, she'll cast inner sight and you basically do not need any AR at all. For IK barbs, maxing mace mastery fairly early is a good idea too, since you'll likely be base dex.

11. Aoctoy

Aoctoy IncGamers Member

Oh yea, I'm well aware about the quoting thing.. I have a fetish for quoting... My apologies. Hey but I'm willing to try, I'm only missing the belt and armor, so if I have to run 60,000 runs, so be it. And as for the other question, yes I have about 12 into mace mastery.
    Code:
    Pain Impaler
    Legend Sword
    One-Hand Damage: 104 to 266
    Two-Hand Damage: 238 to 447
    Durability: 29 of 44
    Required Dexterity: 100
    Required Strength: 175
    Required Level: 48
    Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 81
    Fingerprint: 0x7f917f27
    +7 to Strength
    +376% Enhanced Damage
    +173 to Attack Rating

That's a smokin' sword... That's in my SC stash... I keep comparing it to my current hammer
    Code:
    Bloodtree Stump
    War Club
    Two-Hand Damage: 165 to 243
    Durability: 38 of 100
    Required Strength: 124
    Required Level: 48
    Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 84
    Fingerprint: 0xc9048ec0
    +25 to Strength
    +212% Enhanced Damage
    All Resistances +20
    +40 Maximum Durability
    +3 to Mace Mastery (Barbarian Only)
    150% Damage to Undead
    50% Chance of Crushing Blow
    +2 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)

I see damage potential for a barbarian merc on the first one, but the STR/RES/+Skill/DMG to Undead/CB own the sword XD

12. Throndhart

Throndhart IncGamers Member

Just as a measure of what it took for me to get the armor... 6 months of daily farming of the pits and thresh socket...

Now that´s out of the way... I recommend you to pump your mace mastery up fast, and also to run baal a few times in normal, which shouldn´t be too risky, and will give you a lot of XP to get past that initial "bump".
    There are a few IK guides out there that are pretty useful too, btw.

13. Aoctoy

Aoctoy IncGamers Member

I'm doing well now, I believe my problem was using bonesnap at level 47 :). At 48 I got to use bloodtree stump, so that really helped. In fact I kill things in 1-2 hits now, so no biggy. I'm pumping up Mace with my extra skill points from quests, and BO from leveling. WW is already maxed :rolleyes: And I will dedicate myself to finding the armor! I will trade my soul for one!... Wait.. It's a soul cage... -ponders his actions-