Barb with Bul-Kathos' children

druid66

Diabloii.Net Member
Barb with Bul-Kathos' children

Hi,
I just found it and i decide to build good barb to play pvm with BKchildren, can someone guide me a little? my idea is to add lying hands and (this is high end) chains of honors to make huge %versus demons/undead, but i have no idea to which skills and synergies invest?
Big thanks to everyone who will help me to build this barb.

Organic_Pear

Diabloii.Net Member
DistortedRiff said:
Maybe a berserker? Since you can't use a shield, why not just screw defense for huge damage..

ww??? good for handling packs possibly? and will probably keep you from getting hit as much without a shield?? plus those swords might be to slow for frenzy but witha shael in each of them they should reach last ww breakpoint...

ayoko

Diabloii.Net Member
For WW, you should put 15 IAS in the Mythical Sword (ED/IAS) and 20 IAS in the Colossus Blade (Shael). I used BK set for a long time in 1.09 on my MFer with WW and it worked very well..especially with LOH. Usually you are whirling through monsters so the knockback gripe is a bit overrated in my opinion. Against demons and undead, I think the killing power is nearly equal to 2 x 270/15 GFs. One drawback is 124 the dex requirement on Mythical Sword.

I have questions about stats and skills and items also, I'll be mainly PvM since this is my first Barb ever(yes, pathetic). My gear looks like this ATM:
Arreats
Highlords
Leviathan 19/42
Verdungo(I can get perfect with my Arachnid)
Nature's Peace
Raven Frost
LoH
Gore Riders or Sandstorm Trek?
BK CS
BK MS
I need suggestions on sockets, and I also want to know how much STR, DEX I should have. Thanks for your time and effort.

For skills I only have these certain:
20 Shout
20 BO
20 Sword Mastery
1 in each of the four Passives
Either 20 WW or Berserk?

iceball_aarf

Diabloii.Net Member
Go 20 ww, 20 Berzerk with no shield= dead meat, and also you will be using only 1 sword to attack with Berzerk, losing the point of the set IMHO.

I would ditch the Nature´s Peace because i like to use find item on the corpse of the monsters, and Nature´s Peace won´t allow for it to happen...

Boots, hmm, i would go Gore´s, the SST have some very nice bonusses but i would still enjoy the added DS and CB more, again IMHO.

Haven´t checked the set but i think that you are missing mana leech and ww is very mana intensive...

druid66

Diabloii.Net Member
about my barb: ww have no synergies and it is not as powerful like in 1.9...i still don't know how to build barb with BKset:) maybe 20berserk 20frenzy + synergies? can someone got experience in playing with this skills at 1.10 with 2swords? maybe 20 in frenzy and all in synergies and a few in berserk to kill immune to physical? or maybe all in berserk + synergies? another thing the builds like this is not too original...when i make this thread i expected something new and interesting maybe...any suggestions?

Boooyakasha

Diabloii.Net Member
iceball_aarf said:
20 Berzerk with no shield= dead meat
That will be a stupid barb that does not know how to play a Berserker :)

In the case here Bul kathos is not suitable for a Berserker build.

FattyMcGee

Diabloii.Net Member
I would go with frenzy. But that's probably because I've whirled so much in this game I could throw up.

--fatty

iceball_aarf

Diabloii.Net Member
Boooyakasha i have a no shield berzerker, and i know that it works, but look at the weapons, in this build it will be dead meat because instead of using a meaty 2hander he will be using only 1 sword 1handed= dead meat (the idea of 2H Berzerk is to just 1Hit Kill just about anything in the game)... look at the comments in the context of the question ;)

About frenzy: i don´t support it because of the knockback... at least for me it is troublesome to use knockback with frenzy, on the other hand i think that it is a good mod for WW... and also i consider this swords to slow for an steady frenzy...

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
IF YOU USE FULL SET USE FRENZY!!!!!!!!!! TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE STRENGTH

Use:
BOTH BK SWORDS (just make sure you attack with the myth first then the KnB isn't as big a deal)

20 Frenzy
20 Double Swing
20 BO
20 Taunt
1 Sword Matery
1 Warcry
1 Passives
1 Beserk
Rest in Warcry//Beserk//SHout//IS

druid66

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, i was thinked the same build yesterday:) with one diffrence: when i master all primary skills i'll put the rest in sword mastery. my idea was also to find few runes and two mythical swords (one handed - elite) with 3slots and make "fury" word this will give me fury barb with skill near 40 (with few items +1all skills) what You guys think about it? of course until this time i'll play with BKset...anyway, thanks:)