Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

barb vs UBERS

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Apophis, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Apophis

Apophis Banned

barb vs UBERS

so..i decided to make this build that can Do ubers easy,this equipment is pretty expensive but good.
    STATS:
    STRENGTH: ENOUGH for an enigma :dusk shroud,archon plate,mage plate (low requirement STR armors)]
    DEXTERITY:enough to wear BA's.
    VITA:all here
    energy: nothing
    SKILLS:
    frenzy 20
    Double SWING 20
    BA"S or SWORD mastery=20
    20 battle ORDERS
    REST SHOUT
    EQUIPMENT:
    ANGELIC rings and AMULET
    2 last wishes or 1 last wish and grief,beast
    ENIGMA
    GORES
    VERDUNGO's
    DRACUL's
    GUILLAUME"S face or COA OR ARREAT's with a ber or JAH
    I CHOOSED last wishes because they have a lot of CRUSHING BLOW,with this equipment ,you will have a lot CB which is deadly for UBERS
    ANGELIC=LOTS OF AR,and by every hit you receive MANA
    enigma=STR and DR,by every hit you receive mana
    etc.
    TORCH
    ANNI
    9 bo skillers
    if you can find some mistakes here tell me ,this char i will build it myself and if will succeed this will be a GUIDE.

2. Immortal_King

Immortal_King IncGamers Member

Why would you want Enigma? Vs ubers I'd go with CoH or even Fort.

3. Dystopianday

Dystopianday IncGamers Member

I assume for the massive strength bonus - but yeah, I'd go with CoH.

The major problem I see with this build is the major lack of resists. Meph will one-shot you. Maybe sub Guil's with Kira's - the LWs should give you sufficient CB.

If it works out, come back and tell us - this sounds like fun.

4. Apophis

Apophis Banned

you can't waste too much str to wear some gear because you must Put points in vitality,that's why enigma is a good option,about resists..if you use ARREAT's (30 resists)put there an UM ..you already got 45 resists from helm,+TORCH+ANNI,LOOOOL<the lack of resists..NOW i FOUND out the ANSWER,LAST WISH has FADE.so..:cool:

5. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

Remember, Meph's Conviction removes 125% of cold, fire and lightning resist. So if you want to have max resists when convicted, you need a total of 270 resists (assuming you've done all three Anya quests)

Your gear gives you 141, assuming a perfect resist Torch, Anni, and Fade as well. In Hell normally, even without Conviction, that would be 71 resists, and convicted, that's -54 to lightning, cold and fire resist. Goodnight Baba.

One other thing, what's with the random capitalisation?

6. Apophis

Apophis Banned

"One other thing, what's with the random capitalisation?" i didn't understand this part..and what are propousing me to do to get higher resists? AH..i can replace the ENIGMA with CHAINS OF HONOR.yes.something else?

7. Dystopianday

Dystopianday IncGamers Member

As I suggested, use an ummed Kira's rather than Arreat's or Guil's. Two reasons.

One, as mentioned by Skinhead, Meph's conviction would take God's resists into the negitives, so you need all you can get.
    Second, using an Angelic set (which you'll probably have to, good call) you won't have a ravenfrost and thus no cannot be frozen mod.
    And you will be frozen,
    and they will come after you
    and you will die.

Kira's helpfully also has cannot be frozen.

Another thing you might consider (I'm not sure about this, try it if you'd like): Using Credendum rather than Verdungo's. Besides 10 more resists (always good) it gives 15 str and 15 dex - which will reduce what you have to put into them to use gores and LW.
    Not sure what you mean by "BA" but remember LW Phases have a 136 dex requirement.

8. Apophis

Apophis Banned

berseker axe need 59 dexterity.with anni and torch you can have 59 easily..i think kira is a very good choice..let me calculate:
    COH:65
    KIRA:85
    CREDENDUM:10
    torch:15
    anni:15
    fade=56
    total=246
    replacing arreats or xxxx...with kira and verdungo's with credendum can i still complete the ubers?

9. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

He means he doesn't understand why you are making some works all capitalized and others not. i.e., WHY do you TYPE some WORDS IN capitals, WHILE others ARE LOWERCASE?

-Hal

10. Uvatha

Uvatha IncGamers Member

Skills:
    Max: BO, Frenzy, Double Swing, Mastery (axe)
    1 point wonders/pre reqs: Howl, shout, Battle comman, Battle cry, iron skin, Natural res, Inc stamina, inc speed, bash, double throw.
    Rest: Taunt
    Gear:
    Use CoH instead of Nig
    Use Blue set glove instead of Dracs (forgot the name of it)
    Use Beast/LWish axes as weapons
    Use High lord/raven frost/Dual leech rare instead of Angelics
    Use A blood crafted belt with FHR/STR/10%OW/Life
    Use AR/Life or damage/AR/Life or damage/AR/mod charns
    Shift: BO sticks (one +3 cta for level 7 BO prebuff but level 5 Shout)
    Gore riders, anni and torch were good calls
    Stats:
    STR: Enought for heavier gear. Have in mind the STR bonnus from gear to calculate (anni, torch, belt, beast, ring(?), charms(?) )
    Vita:Rest
    Strat:
    Go to river of flame, stand on the fire pit till fade is casted;
    Prebuff Battle Comand, BO, Shout and Battle Comand again with weapons on shift;
    Go back to act 5 and get to Uber trist.
    Lure Meph out and get close to him;
    Spam Howl, cast Battle cry, hit him and pot if necessary untill life tap is casted;
    kill Meph.
    Lure Baal out and get close to him;
    Spam Howl, cast Battle cry, hit him and pot if necessary untill life tap is casted;
    kill Baal.
    Get close to Diablo;
    kill Diablo;
    Perm game and bring a char to colect SoH and Torch
    Rinse and repeat

11. Lixo

Lixo IncGamers Member

back on the resists, you could get some all resists charms, or just lightning i think

12. Bulgarian

Bulgarian Banned

Resists>Life

13. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

Resists>Life definitely. Enigma is the worst armor ever for Ubers. Treachery is even much better. 2 Last Wishes doesn't sound very fun to me. Beast + LW or my favorite, eth Death axe. I still can't believe people prefer LW these days in Uber Trist...

14. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Wow this turned into quite a debate.

You can mix and match different gear depending on what you can afford. These are the mods you will need to beat ubers:

1. Crushing Blow
    2. Life tap
    3. Maxed resists
    4. High attack rating
    5. Crowd control

Notes -- CoH, Arreats and LW will solve a lot of your problems because they will stack your resists and give you life tap. LW is slow, however, and you will need a faster primary weapon (beast or ebotd). Enigma armor is really a waste for ubers. Using either Beast and ebotd will both boost your str a bit, maybe enough to equip a CoH boneweave.

With beast and LW you will have a lot of CB, now the main problem is attack rating. You can use atmas, but the amp damage will overlap with life tap and might screw you up. You can use angelics, but you sacrifice 3 equipment slots and will lose cbf from raven frost. I have solo'd ubers with about 7k attack rating, but I wouldn't recommend it because it takes forever. Close to or above 10k would be best.

For crowd control, I put a delerium on my merc to cast confuse. Again, it overlaps with life-tap, so it can be dangerous, but it distracts minions long enough to buy me some time. Other crowd control skills are howl, attract, cloak of shadows, etc. They are not absolutely necessary, but they are helpful.

I have done best when I had a smiter to help me uber. With his fanat, I could equip ebotd and Lw and my damage, attack rating and speed were decent. If you can find a partner to compliment your playing style, that might be the best strategy.

Now go ahead and rip me to shreds.

15. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat IncGamers Member

I haven't done it, if I were to try I would go with this.

Arreat's Umed 45% resist
    Metal Grid (I have a 34% resist one)
    Beast, Grief
    Duress/Treachery 15% resist all + 60% from fade
    Draculs
    Dual Ravens or Raven and Rare with 100+ AR and resists
    IK belt 31% lite 28% fire
    Gores

I would prebuff fade, bc, bo and shout then switch my war cry charms for AR lifers and resist charms. A point in natural resist + Arreats will give 28% resist and Anya gives another 30. I am not about to argue this is the best gear but it is what I would go with.