Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barb vs Bone Necro ack!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Phantasy, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Phantasy

Phantasy IncGamers Member

Barb vs Bone Necro ack!

I've been dueling for a week or so now. I can't seem to defeat the bone necros. I have 14k def, 75% block, 3.2k life, 3k dam roughly with all the godly gear needed. They inprison me with bone and I warp out or ww through, but by then they are shooting bone spear and poofing me in 2 hits. Please help me with some tactics lolz. I have a gerke's shield to reduce magic dam but it seems to do nada.

I can kill 3 out 5 barb duels, most pali duels, haven't fought zon's yet (they seem to be scarce lately), I poof sorces and sins, druids are pretty much no challenge unless they have high blocking.

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

you can leap attack over bone spirits/spears and out of prisons.

crescent moon weps have magic absorb.

3. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

This is a hopeless fight. With equally skilled opponents you will ALWAYS lose. And with 3k life your gear is far from godly. There is no way to beat a skilled bone necro with a barb PERIOD. I have tried everything possible it jsut can't be done. Even with slow missiles all they have to do is surround themselves with bone wall and it willt ake all the hits for themw hile they hit you with slowed spear, or they can be extremely cheap and use iron maiden. Not to mention if you kill their clay golem you will be majorly slowed. There are just too many ways a necro can screw a barb over and it isn't a winnable fight. Now you may kill a few pubbie necros here and there but if skill lvls are equal you will always lose.

4. Phantasy

I do consider my gear godly with my lvl 82 conc/ww barb:
    eth botd cb with 369 enh dam / ss shield BER'ed (why I dont know it was free)
    enigma with 1157 def
    arreats face with basic stats and 15% incr att speed jewel
    draculs vampbone gloves
    raven spiral ring, angelic ring, angelic ammy
    gorerider boots
    My stats with gear on and cries: 294 str; 207 dex; 325 vit; 65 mana
    Skill points: 20 bo; 20 shout; 15 conc; 15 ww; 15 sword mastery; 1 point wonders

If my gear is not godly- then I should just give up playing D2lod lolz. I have 8 75+ lvl chara each with gear like above designed for my charas. I am very curious how some are receiving the life, dam, def, and other stats they state. Besides the 39 3/20/5 charms with anni (I have 1 anni and 7 3/20/5's cause I don't dupe or buy on Ebay), how they heck is someone attaining 5k life at lvl 82?? How is someone attaining 20k def with 5k damage?? Chara building in D2lod is always a trade off between stats. You can't have max def, dam, and life with the godly gear I just listed all together unless you are hacking in my opinion.

5. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

well, heres a clue....my ik barb has 4,250k life ..grant lvl 90 but at lvl 82 he had 4k life, defense was 18 k solo...28 k with merc

All i'd have to do is switch to a arkaines valor, put on a bul kathos ring,...i'd have 5k hp right there...Believe me its possible..just very expensive..

6. Phantasy

Arkaines valor and bul kathos are easy to trade for. I found bul kathos as well as my friend in the same game month ago. And once one switches to these 2 items you sacrifice def for life, which to me is not a good trade off.

As for your IK stats, you may be right. But I'm pretty sure you were slow in PvP melee, so someone with fast attack speed would hit you 3 times before you landed a blow. Of course I am not an IK expert yet. I gave the set to my friend since I had the above set up. Now, where was your dam rating in that bit o info :scratch: ?? Not worth mentioning I bet. I can get to 5k life with my wolf howl on and transformed, but then all other stats go down and that's my point.

7. Perfect_11.

Perfect_11. IncGamers Member

this is my philosophy vs bone necros. Ok so blizz doesnt care about pvp its all pvm, however granting the bone synergys CERTAINLY is not pvm, therefore most consider them overpoweed. So, do yourself a favor and make a sanctuary shield. Slow missile them a gg, but wait you say.... i cant catch them... well if they tele so much like a sorc then you shouldnt even bother followng them. if they CANT kill YOU then you have already won. So they leave go to town and curse at you while u laugh stand outside of town and wait for the next pally to be *****. Hope they leave and if all they do is piss u off, remember, if you have an enimga and they have slow missiles on them, you cant die unless you are just not geared for this kind of duel. And yes 5k life is easily attainable and its quite easy. For poor man (me there arent many 3/20/20 on ladder) fill up with 39x 20 life scs with 1 anni. Stick on as most +skills as you can and go BO at CP. I myself use cta+hoto+2 bk rings+wolfhowl to gain maximum BO and then switch. this last a good time so its not in vain, plus if youre geared toward this u shouldnt be dying often.

8. royalsego

royalsego IncGamers Member

not impossible, but you'll need a 2 hand HIGH dmg build with enigma.... teleport right on them and ww... but sometimes against good good duelers.. they teleport superfast, and your cast rate won't keep up.

i got eth botd war pike, usually first hit takes the bonearmor away, the 2nd hit kills..

a lil more than 4k life, with 10k ar, and i usually kill them in 2 tries.. i can take about 4-6 bones before i drop dead.

and again, like i stated above, a good dueler that can manage to keep the distance is very hard to kill.

9. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

As stated before all they have to do is surround themselve in bone wall one slow missiled = game over. Or bone wall + iron maiden, or decrepify + teeth field you, or just use slowed teeth fields while teleporting out of range these babies will eventually bring a 6k life barb to his knees (I know I have one of the best out there).

10. Perfect_11.

i guess i would have to agree then, but i play ladder and most pubbie games do not have the kind of necros that [email protected] probably duels. but for y case on USWEST ladder in pubby games a slow missiled nec cant do much, and if he uses im jus dont duel him.....

11. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

heh, even with SM a good nec can just tank the ww baba most of the time, especially if all he's using is a botd CB instead of war pike.

My current nec has 2.6k life, 75% block and the bone armor absorbs about 1200 dmg, and is recastable. Decrep + clay golem and shoot your slow bone spears and teeth fields while dodging the wws, or if you want you dont even NEED to dodge, just sit there and spear them to death while recasting bone armor every once in a while.

THat's for pubby "godly" barbs of course. With really good barbs, of course you're not gonna just sit there and tank. With fast cast eth BotD warpike barbs, you have to manuver around a bit, but it's still no trouble. even if you're SM, you can either wait it out (easy to do, as you'll have lots more mana than they) or lay teeth fields where they'll be teleing too. SM teeth fields can be deadly.

Sorry, but if you're intent on killin those annoying necs, I suggest you build another char to combat them ;)

--fatty

12. frostwindVI

frostwindVI IncGamers Member

Dueling necros with a barb is do-able but those experienced necros out there are nearly impossible to kill and 9 times outa 10 your gonna lose. The best strategy is to build a two hand wep barb (the more dmg the better) and strap on some fcr (i.e. arachnids) then tele like crazy on top of them, while ww'n in small short runs. If you want to even come close to competin with a decent necro you should have 4k+ life, as much AR as possible and sanctuary shield on switch for slowin them missiles. However, if you encounter a really good necro the only way you will win is by luck! :yawn:

13. Perfect_11.

to kill necs after they have been slow missiled i use beast+botd (zerkers) and if they dont have tele i use doom.

14. Phantasy

Well I need to work on life I guess lolz. I have 3.2 only with max bo and +8 skillz, some 3/20/5 charms and life charms. I do tele around neccys but then they start teleing around faster than me and dodge my ww, not to mention they have sick blocking for some reason (could be the bone armor and 75% block some have stated). I use angelics for ar, but with enchant I have 7.5k ar only =(. I guess I need to keep lvling from 82. You can see my gear above, I do pretty well against all charas except the neccys.

15. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

Drop the pussy mentality and make a 2 handed spear or polebarb.Shield wont help u vs necro. And how in the hell do u have 7.5k AR only with angelics + enchant?? U have huge dex for blocking i assume, my polebarb with 70 dex using no AR charms with 2 angelics+enchant has 22k WW AR...

16. Dr4kan

Dr4kan IncGamers Member

well 2 flaws in ur build. u have huge str, meaning less life and if i understand the 65 mana=energy u have lost alot of valuable stats, seeing as botd eth requires only around 14x str i think, its easy going low str with enigma, u could possibly have around 5k life if u rebuilt ur barb. str wont help tremendously, and is not worth sacrificing for life imo. barbs need all the life they can have in pvp. especially since synergies have really destroyed alot of the barbs opportunities in duels. get alot of r/w too, u might even want to use ur sword 2 handed for added dam, iirc then 60 ias on botd is enuff to get it to the last bp in 2 handed ww(-60) or needing 5 ias, cant remember :scratch:
    but u will need alot of life to tank bone spirits/spears. leech wont help too much. basically high damage and life is what u need a well as high amounts of r/w. u can consider berserk for 1 hit kills. sock a storm with ed/ias jewel, helm with ed/ias jewel, use 20 ias gloves with leech/stats, u might wanna try out switching angelic with cats eye for more ias and a nice raven frost to comensate for lack of ar.

17. Phantasy

Thx for the help dr4kan. I have base 10 energy, just my items boost it to 65. As far as strength is concerned, I invested 150 only as skill points. I'm not sure how I got another 150 strength, but I did from my items lolz. I only put enough strength as was necessary to equip my eth botd cb and enigma and ss shield. I've been pumping Vit ever since. My dex was put to 120 by me, and the rest comes from my items =). So basically, I will search for life charms to bosst my life as you state, and maybe +life items though my angelics really help in this department now.

18. Dr4kan

Dr4kan IncGamers Member

well 150 str is still alot for a tweaker s/s barb. i would try get a enigma in a mage plate/breast plate. choose mage if u want the defense. it only req 55 str, and u will have saved 120 stats right there. it will boost ur str by around 60 or so when ur able to use it, u will get enuff str from the rest of the gear too, im pretty sure u would be able to reach near 5k life, and still have a good damage.

19. Phantasy

Unfortunatley for me I have a SS that requires 150 str. So with 55 base str for Enigma + Enigma's boost of 60 would = 115 str. That would mean I still need 35 str which I could get from goreriders and tgods belt. I think I needed 120 str for my eth botd cb. Basically I didn't account for str properly as Dr4kan pointed out lolz, and wound up wasting 35 str that could have gone into vit =(. All in all I think I'm still a well rounded ww/conc barb that can PvP, mf, hell quest, and rush my friends and have pure fun =) which was my goal. A pure PvP barb was not my goal, hence my sad dueling against necros lolz. Thx for all the advice all, it's been great.

20. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

Nothing ever changes, the word "godly" is way too over used. Not directed at you personally but just in general. Just something thats always bothered me. I look at it as if I can sit in a trade channel for less than 5 minutes and see the same thing of equal or greater value then that item then it doesnt even belong in the same dictionary as "godly". If your equipment were truly "godly" then it would resemble somthing more like this:

410+ ED Eth BotD
    1340+ Enigma without a -run walk
    39+/9 str Jewel'd SS
    200/6 AF with either a 39+/15ias or 39+/9 str jewel

Rest of equip is all common regardless of what % it is.

Godly to me is something you next to never see and could spam every trade channel,forum,e-bay or any where else d2 items can be found and not obtain for weeks.

But anyway thats it for my rant. For the usefull tips:
    Your str is way over if you choose to go with the tweaker all vit build and over but not as much if you choose to go with the vit till i need then pump str build that l2aider choose to go by. Ill map out both builds:

Tweaker:

Str: Req for a dusk enigma - how ever many points to str your anni charm adds should be ur base. Im pritty sure its ** so lets say ur charm adds 13 ur base str would be 75. So to show u could use all ur equip it would go like this:
    Anni lets u use dusk which puts u at 148 which lets u use both BotD and Arreats which is another 50 str that puts u at 198 which would allow u to use SS and Stealrends (much better gloves for pvp then dracs) which would give u over 138 str depending on ur lvl and str on gloves.

Dex: Your fine here

Vit: Rest of course

Vit till u need then Str build:

Str:First pump till 100 then leave it till u reach vit goal after words the remaining points will be placed here.

Dex: Fine here

Vit:300 Base points. With 300 points here it is very easy to hit 5k life with charms,30+ bo and life that your equip ment adds.

With this build u wind up with like 135 or so base str at lvl 95 after all quests have been done i would suggest at least lvl 90 for this build though as there are other factors that go into it like life per lvl ect....

As for your equip there are 2 changes that would be a great improvement:
    Switch gloves to Steelrends and second ring to Raven. That would give more Dex for points allicated to other places,mana for ww and tele, cbf, ar, damage, cb, str.

And as for the main topic I agree with l2aider 100% any equilly skilled and proporly equiped bone necro will almost always win. If you were to duel 100 times he would win at least 95 times and lost 5 or less based on lag, misclicks, or just luck wiether it be good for you or bad for him.