Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barb vs Barb Challenge...Are you up for it?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by jjashik, Apr 29, 2005.

1. jjashik

jjashik IncGamers Member

Barb vs Barb Challenge...Are you up for it?

Our goal is to reach out to all BvBers on UsWest Non Ladder and to bring together bvbers of all kinds to have a good time and fun dueling other bvb barbs.

Rules and Regulations.

1. Good Mannered/Polite Duel Only!
    2. Head to Head WW only no running. ?---Open Wound Barbs
    3. No prebuff from outside characters. (Unless EVERYONE agrees)
    4. Preferred poison damage Under 300. If more than 300, antidotes are allowed.
    5. No shrines, wells or healing pots. (Leeching from monsters is same as potting).
    6. If waiting to duel, be nice and take care of wandering monsters.
    7. No Interference. Do not get in way....as in don't keep following the duel...get close and stay still or watch from distance.
    8. If you loose you loose, if you win you win. No Smart Cookie Remarks or whining. (This is not Tolerated).
    9. Enchanting is allowed but from Demon Limb ONLY.
    10. No NKing!!!
    11. Any good mannered barb and most important rule BARBS ONLY.

It has Begun!

PM jjashik and Oyet if you have any questions and suggestions.

2. blobs

blobs Banned

why afraid of open wounds barbs? all ur godly gear useless? haha

why dont u just open trade screens and whip out calculators and dont bother dueling

this is basically "who has eth bug arreats? me! who has eth bug stone? me!" and yea im talkin about u oyet lol.

problem these days is open wounds is the great equalizer, even a relatively crap barb using 90+ open wounds and a decent amount of damage and playing smart will have a near 50/50 chance against any sort of bvb of any setup. physical damage, ar/def considerations, etc is completely insignificant when compared to open wounds if its allowed it full course.

at lvl 90+ open wounds does about 550 damage, or the equivalent of having a weapon that does 6600 - 6600 damage guarenteed, displayed, while only hitting ONCE. the damage/ar/def bvb has something like 1200-5000 whirl damage with 36% doubling chance and whose effectiveness is directly proportional to number of hits.

this means if the ow barb simply manages to trade whirls 1 to 1 allowing 8 second duration in between, the ow barb has a damage advantage already. whirl intersections head to head, if one barb at least has inc speed, will involve 1 to 2 hit attempts per person. during these hit attempts, lets assume the ow barb hits and gets hit equally, since he has no need for 'real' damage and can focus completely on defense and attack rating. so this simply becomes a comparision between what does more?

6600 guarenteed each time, or 1200-5000 with 36% doubling chance each time? the damage barb will have an average damage per hit as 4216, while the ow barb does 6600 EVERY time. plus, the ow barb also has not-too-shabby regular damage if he uses a beast or some other weapon like that.

this would say that ow barbs win every time, but of course damage/ar/def bvbs have 35% open wounds as well, which means around 50/50 ratio. the trick, however, is that open wounds barbs are extremely cheap item-wise, and damage/ar/def bvb barbs arent. therefore, the only point of THIS dueling thread is to show off how wealthy u are in terms of bvb items.

3. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Hey if your using eth bugged stone then well. I will put it like this.

1.09 items where the only items that could have had zodded bug. So if one person had a 4 socted ETH elite armor with a zod it in 1.09, mind you. Then they removed the zod then made a stone out of it. It kind of makes you think doesn't it. So if you want to see me dueling in this barb vs barb group. Ban Zod bugged stone.

Also to help make this more interresting let other kinds of barb builds in like werebarbs, bow using barbs, concentrate barbs, berserkers, shamens, smite barbs, double throwing barbs, and frenzyers.

I say this because even temple games let any kind of paladin in. They have the right fram of mind when it comes to a game like this.

4. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Enlighten me on what a smite barb exactly is? :lol:

5. Tastychiken_europe

Tastychiken_europe IncGamers Member

What above user sai's :D!!

(ten word's)

6. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

BVB has always been 70% about gear & look whos talking,you think you'd afford to carry that attitude sans your 414% botd,3/20/20s & impshanks etc?.....

OW duration is 8 seconds,during which subesquent triggers simply extend it.35% chance of ow on dmg based BVBers like eth cleaver on nl & grief on ladder means they can trigger ow on avg in 3 hits.

In BVB,During the span of 8 seconds a good 4-6 hits in about ~5 whirls are traded(varies a lot based on ar/def level but an avg).Note this might be more against ow bvbers with low defense & shieldless BVBers :rolleyes: .So you will manage to trigger ow with just 35% ow.

Now in that 4-6 hits that you landed on the ow BVBer you had done a great deal of extra physical damage to him as well more than he did to you since he is using a high ow weapon setup like fury or beast with duress.Lets take the dmg numbers from my thread:

Grief Zerk/Fort: Raw damage:598::
    Grief Zwei/Fort: Raw damage:574::
    Beast/Duress: Raw damage:221::
    Cleaver/Fort: Raw damage:482::
    Botd/Fort: Raw damage:436::

To start off,Lets compare Cleaver/fort & Beast/Duress Raw dmg diference is 261..i.e 261 extra dmg per hit.Out of 4 hits traded, cleaver/fort barb would do 1k more dmg to beast/duress barb & still manage to trigger ow within those 4 hits on avg.Want me to compare grief?

Rik

7. blobs

blobs Banned

more math pls, like i said, who doesnt believe it, fight me.

i can also get a ow-based bva shield barb with ordinary gear to fight anyone, leave your accounts please? rik?

i dont use imp shanks in bvb, imps shanks are relatively cheap anyway,and high botds are also cheap these days, and didn't i just say physical damage doesnt matter?

also, how you duel when using an ow barb matters? your assuming nonstop parallel whirling for your math, which is unrealistic unless you both namelock a third person and he runs around.

put your math away and duel me. ill go find the crappiest botd i can get access to and not use a shield and lets see wat happens?

edit: 4-6 hits in 8 seconds? errr what kind of bvb chars do u make? 0 def 187k AR ones? with 35% block? lol

8. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

My account is right there under my tar & like I already said I am not ready,so you can continue your sabre rattling,you can duel jashik if you want from what I think he is a good dueler.

4-6 hits in 8 secs are more than possible in DOD tybe BVB duels,which is primary gm BVB short-medium length whirls without sidestepping & other dumb tactics.Sure it will be less with your kinda BVBers who trigger ow & run & hide behind obstacles &/or widowmaker/throwing weapon & other such madness which isn't entertained outside pubbies. :rolleyes:

Rik

9. jjashik

jjashik IncGamers Member

this game is for all types of barbs who want to join good barb games.

it doesn't not say anywhere that ow barbs are not permitted. the reason for the head to head ww remark. is so that ww barbs can play fairly. ww away in a dodging manner is bm when they hit the person with ow and let ow kill their opponent while they try not to get hit by running around.

as for the bugged stone, sorry to say but all items are allowed. there are no intentions on any kind of showing off gears, etc. just to have to fun barb duel games with no interference from others.

this wasn't made to be a discussion about ow barbs vs "dmg/ar/def" barbs. if you want to join then your all welcome. otherwise lets try to keep this on topic.

10. blobs

blobs Banned

good comment, but whats wrong with letting open wounds do its work? whys it bad manner, lets say, for a poison necro to teleport away after he's hit with nova, instead of spamming nova in place like a dolt and hopeing he can tank the fireball sorc long enough?

anyway, all gears allowed = widow+ casting items. i will be at your game.

11. Tastychiken_europe

No1 answered to this??
    what is this for build? smite barbs.. like pumafang said

12. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Lmfao me need to know too ^^

13. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

a barb using his shield to attack

duh

:uhhuh:

-jordy :king:

14. xpumafangx

LOL ya thats what it is. No it's not I am talking about stun I used to do barb boxing with friends back in 1.09. I learned about how cool stun was with it. Just start your attack like stun, stun, stun, then bash. To counter it you would have to do concentrate, concentrate, concentrate, then bash. Do I have to write a barb boxer guild? Ya no one I know is online I think I will.

15. Tastychiken_europe

U DID write it :lol: u dont have to write it!
    *playing slow.. as always*

16. xpumafangx

No you dont understand I was really bord.

Lets get back to topic. Who here on uswest want to start a dueling group to let barb vs barb dueling? Say Ya I want this to happen if you do if you dont then say no you noob.

17. xpumafangx

Ya I want this to happen.