"Barb Thrower Tournament"

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member
"Barb Thrower Tournament"

Hello everyone. Some of you may remember me some may not but anyway, I have been absent for quite some time now due to lack of motivation and also school. But now that i have finished my mid year exams and hoildays are only 2 weeks away i thought to my self lets start up a new and fresh tournament for the SPF community. Once returning i noticed my other tourament, which i started before i took a break from diablo2 (We love to be NAKED tournament) has become quite inactive. So i pondered to my self and came up with a new and cool idea for an exciting and challaging tournament for thoes who love to challange your diablo skills. This tournament has been inspired by many other tournaments which are based around tough character builds, such include the up and running golemancer torunaments and others in the past like, Valkazon tournament and i am sure there are many others.Well enough rubbish lets get into it.

RULES

1- Your character must be HC, or if you cannot or dont want to, you may make it SC but as soon as you have your first death you are out of the tournament.
2- Now this is the hard part. Your character must be Untwinked, this means you may not mule items onto that character ( you may mule off), he must find his own.
3- Your character must be a thrower therefore it is recommended that you max double throw. You may use your starter gear until double throw skill is avaliable then you must find a throwing weapon and use them, You may choose to allocate remaining skill points into what ever skill you desire.
4- Any merc is allowed (no items may be muled to him/her) but items your barb finds may be placed onto your merc.
5- ATMA may not be used as an extended stash.
6- There is no item restictions, so uniques, rares, runewords may be equiped onto your barb.
7-Any players setting may be allowed however no cheese with p/8 for chests. :grin:
8- You may not re run areas, this includes act bosses.
9- There is no time restrain for this tournament it goes until someone becomes a guardian (good luck :wink3: ), or the person with the highest score (see below).

Scoring
1 points for every way point collected. (this also includes the towns ex= Rogue camp etc.)
2 points for every quest completed
3 points for each act completed. ( an extra 1 if you have completed all quests and got all waypoints for that act).
-1 for each character level.

THE WINNER = the first person to guardian and or highest score. There is no prices for this tournament it is mainly for fun and to challange your diablo skill. You may brag if you wish to your fellow components :p.

Hope you enjoy this tournament :) any1 feel free to join and HAVE FUN!!!!:thumbsup:

Code:
[U]SPF name     Character Name         Level          Act              Points[/U]
Morathi         Zohran              1              1                0
Morathi

Last edited:

EasyG

Diabloii.Net Member
Few questions:
- you didn't mention rerunning, so this is allowed?
- I guess throwing is the only allowed way to deal damage, so you should sell the weapon before leaving town and start hitting with hands and as soon as a javalin is found or enough gold to buy is collected you can start throwing?

Darkoooo

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmm, can I ask about this:

Can you mule items out? I mean if you find a HoZ and your Barb doesn't have any use for it, can you mule it off? But ofc not mule it back in for some strange reason...

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member
- you didn't mention rerunning, so this is allowed?
opps i totally forgot to mention that. You may not re run. This also means act bosses. ( not to sure here, it may be too hard if arn't allowed) I will see what others say about this before i finalise it.

I guess throwing is the only allowed way to deal damage, so you should sell the weapon before leaving town and start hitting with hands and as soon as a javalin is found or enough gold to buy is collected you can start throwing?
No, what i mean by it is that double throw is the thrower barbs main attack. So it is adviced you max that out. You may use your starter gear and continue with it until you can use double throw then you must find a throwing weapon and use it.

Can you mule items out?
Yes of course you can just not on

PS. i edited the rules and added some rules i forgot about.

PSS. It doesnt let me edit anymore so there are 2 more rules that i must mention.
1- RRM is allowed however RWM is not allowed (it you have it installed just make sure you dont make any runeword which RWM allows you to)
2- You must be Single Player and you may not Mulitiplayer with anyone.

Last edited:

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member
Another question: Are non throwing weapons allowed to prebuff war cries?
Yes they are allowed. just make sure you dont use thoes weapons to attack :)

Code:
[U]SPF name     Character Name         Level          Act              Points[/U]
Morathi         Zohran              6              1                -3
WP (1) = 1
Quests completed (1) = 2
Character Level (6) = -6
total = -3

Just completed the den of evil, nothing too special found 2 quick rares which i am using now. Other than that nothing else :). Now its time for bed i got school tomorrow :(. I will come on tomorrow to answer anymore questions.

I hope you enjoy the tournament if you wish to join !!!

Morathi

Luca Rescigno

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd like a clarification on the muling of items... you say you can't mule items on, but you didn't really specify what you meant by that. Do you mean "no twinking" (i.e. no using items found by other characters), or do you mean "no use of ATMA as an extended stash" (i.e. once you mule something off, you can never mule it back on)? I'm confused because, well, obviously it's no twinking, but if ATMA is allowed as an extended stash it makes things a lot easier.

I'm very curious because I've always wanted to make a thrower and maybe doing this tournament will teach me more about how to do well with one. Of course, normally I'm a huge twinker (hoping to complete a multiple jewel of envy gear setup soon), so this will make things interesting. And there's no way I'm going HC, I'll probably just start twinking items on once I die (I do want to get to a point, eventually, where I'm using my eth Gargoyle's Bite). Hopefully that isn't too soon.

So I'll join up and post my progress soon!

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
YES!!! A throwing barb tournament!! I have wanted to make another one of these for a longgg time and this is the perfect motivation for me. However, I think that maxing double swing before double throw makes more sense as more points in double throw just gives AR and double swing synergizes to give more damage if I remember correctly.

Code:
SPF name     Character Name         Level          Act              Points
skoolbus        Bill                1              1                 0

peconomusman

Diabloii.Net Member
I love throw barbs.....i hate town portaling to replenish weapons though. Ah well, i'm in.
Code:
peconomusman    Throw-Stuff         6              1                -3

Last edited:

inSTAALed

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
inSTAALed       HuckinJavlins       1              1                 0
HuckinJavlins has been born.

Bazhell

Diabloii.Net Member
My first pat was a hybrid thrower back in 1.09 and I recently pat'd a twinked throw barb, so I may try this one if I've enough time. Twinked throw barbs are extremely easy, untwinked will have problem in hell with PIs unless you get lucky and find some of the right equipment for your thrower or merc.

Your suggestion to max double throw is a BAD suggestion. There are many things more important than Double Throw. The usual suggestion is 1 point in double throw unless you need help with AR as you only get an increase to your AR from double throw, which may be helpful, but usually isn't critical. What is far more important is maxing Double swing for the increased damage you get from the synergy. Given the single death allowed maxing BO will also be critical.

skills that are critical for a successful thrower are taunt to attract single victims from packs and howl for the occasions when you get mobbed. others skills that need consideration are leap for the knockback and grim ward for crowd control.

EasyG

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
inSTAALed       HuckinJavlins       1              1                 0
EasyGijs        Zelezny             1              1                 0
I joined too

inSTAALed

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
inSTAALed       HuckinJavlins       8              1                 -1

jeremywang

Diabloii.Net Member
hey im interested in joining this tourney....ive never done a sp tourney before, and im not familiar with how things work...i dont even noe all the abbreviations. how does this work? do i just repost the table with my name on it? and do i just update it everytime i have an update (eg. i gain some pts)? just a brief overview of the guidelines would be fine.

ps: in terms of gameplay, what do we do about physical immunes? can we ONLY throw?

inSTAALed

Diabloii.Net Member
Update whenever you feel like it.

I do it after every chunk of playing time I do.

To edit the table, hit quote under the post with the most recent table in it and get rid of the quote brackets as well as any other text. But your name in there and use preview post to check out spacing until you get that right.

Throwing has to be your main attack but javs can spawn with ele damage to kill those pesky PIs.

inSTAALed

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm sure there is other ways, you just have to be creative.

That is what makes tournaments so fun. :)

jeremywang

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
inSTAALed       HuckinJavlins       8              1                 -1
jeremywang      JeremyI             1              1                 0