Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barb Skills spears question

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Plaguey, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Plaguey

Plaguey IncGamers Member

Barb Skills spears question

Hi all, this is more PvP related but i was thinking that after pre-buffing with +3 warcry spears there not really needed anymore.
    So i thought i could change them out with +3 masteries spears on weapon switch for chasing down sorcs/zons etc as they would give +6 to Iron Skin/Natural Res/Faster Run/Walk.

Has anyone tried this? just thought this might give me more of chance of both catching and surviving ranged attackers.

Any thoughts welcome, thx all. (if its not well explained i' can try again later, no sleep yet)

Plaguey

2. Inuyasha

Inuyasha IncGamers Member

So, you're going to use the +mastery spears on the switch, then switch BACK to your basic gear to kill them... right?

May I ask why you'd use them? If you have enigma, you can try to namelock-tele them, and if not... I don't exactly think that you should be dueling without the str boost (you must have pretty low life...)

3. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

You'll still be lacking resist from not have a shield on switch. Since natural resist has a diminishing return, the resist gained from +6 mastery would be enough to cover for the lost of a shield.

4. Inuyasha

Inuyasha IncGamers Member

Why did the guy get banned?

I just checked his posts... he doesn't seem to have posted anything offensive at all, unless it was deleted and therefore doesn't show up in his profile.

Anyone mind filling me in on this?

5. cheesypotatoes

cheesypotatoes IncGamers Member

you could hotos if u wanted the +6 skills that bad.

6. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

If you look at all posts, close to the top of the list is a trade post in the Europe forum. He got a 3 day ban for trade malpractice, and unless there has been something else, I'm sure he'll be back.

~Bails

7. Plaguey

Plaguey IncGamers Member

Back

First off, yeah i got banned for wanting to trade to trade on the trade forum but letting og of my items before the 24 hours was up. Oh well.

As for the barb question, i can't afford a HoTo or an Enigma just yet.

My life is currently around 3.3k and i'm lvl 86.

At the moment my main setup has doombringer and SS (PD) and on switch i have my buff spears. Since i couldn't afford the nice stuff, it was just a thought as to whether the increase in Iron Skin, Nat res and Run/walk speed would be worth having as a change to my BO spears.
    It seems that losing my shield is a big problem and i completely forgot about this, so probably not a good idea at all, still thanks for the input guys.

8. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Wait wait wait just a sec..... Are you asking about spear mastery or plus to skill items that would help out?

If you are asking about the second. Just use the echoing javs to keep your bo shout and what not up. The other ones do not effect you in less they are all ways being used.

The only resson why the echoing weapons take effect like the way they do is because warcry skills effect you over a period of time and are not the only skills that do that. Skills like battle orders, shout, battle command, holy sheild, bone armor, cyclone armor, and poison claws ( assassin skill ) are the only skills that do this. Maybe other skills are out there but these came to mind.

9. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

I think the purpose for doing this is being lost. I'm pretty sure that he's thinking that keeping +6 in masteries on switch, it will help keep him alive from the time he starts toward his target to the time he reaches it. He's reasoning that the extra 6 temporary points in his masteries skills would up his defense, r/w speed, and resists, and help him survive long enough to get in, switch weapons and make a hit. As has been pointed out, the lack of blocking would be a big deterrent from this sort of plan. Maybe if you wanted to try a +3 wep, and a pdiamond lidless or something? Not that great on defense, but you'd keep +4 skills, and pick up extra resist while still maintaining some ability to block. It's an interesting tactic, I'm just not sure it would do you much good unless you're masteries were pretty low level in the first place. If you've invested up to the major dimishing returns points, the extra 4 skills probably won't do a whole lot of good, and the switch might just end up being more dangerous for you. Good to test out I suppose.

~Bails

10. Plaguey

Plaguey IncGamers Member

You've hit the nail on the head pieman.

Maybe rather than lidless, sigons could give me that +1 skill while still giving me a decent block along with a +3 skills masteries weapon, giving +4 masteries while approaching target.

Currently i have very few points any of the masteries except sword as my basic barb build is 20ww, 20 shout, 20BO, 20 Sword mastery with maybe 4 points NR, a couple in Iron Skin, 1 in R/W and the pre-reqs.
    It was just a thought on how to increase my resists, r/w spd and defense cheaply while getting to the target then switching out to my attack weapon/ss.

With the decent block rate on sigons i don't think i'll lose to much by having this on switch after prebuff.

Anyone know if the +4 skills would make a huge difference when NR is around 4-6 after +'s from arreats and would Iron Skin be hugely bumped by +4 Skills as it's currently quite low lvl. When does it become pointless having more iron skin?

Cheers again.

Plaguey

11. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

If you max shout, you should have only 1 point in iron skin. After your done your 4 main skills (20,20,20,20. at lvl 80) you should put the rest in iron skin for better defense.

You can always get resist charms instead of putting more than 1 point into NR.

12. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

You're forgetting BoS , Fade and Shadow warrior/master. :p