Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

barb singer - build?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by multifaros, Apr 15, 2008.

1. multifaros

multifaros IncGamers Member

barb singer - build?

hi.

me and my friend are making a singer barb, just for fun. We will use it in duels. If we can win ONE duel it will be worth it :D

But we are not sure about the build, and what items we should use... 2xShard for fcr or just bo-sticks? should we go for max +skill or other stuff? where should we put skills?

greetings
    /multifaros

2. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan IncGamers Member

pvm classical singer barb

i have no idea how to make a pvp singer barb, but if u want to know about a pvm singer, i can help with that.

however, u could take this guide/info about a pvm singer barb than apply pvp requirements, but as to direct help with pvp i have no experience with it using a singer barb

for pvm:

due to warcry skill's low damage, even with it maxed (80 skill pts=warcry, howl, taunt, battlecry):

for maximum damage:

(I have personally tested/experienced what you read below.)(I know first hand that for warcry singer barbs in pvm that):

most important: FCR > +skills > mana amount > mana regeneration :least important

1. FCR is KING!!! its the most important thing. 2 shards (100% total), magefist (20%), 2 FCR rings (20% total), 1 FCR amulet (10%), i think this is max FCR in classic (150%), i cant think of any helmet, boot, belt with FCR (if there is, some one correct me on this). (ok i just checked there's no uniques of boots, belt, helmet with FCR. unless some set gives FCR that i dont know of 150% FCR is the max u can get in classic only when using the barb's ability of duel shards. 2 shard DO stack to make 100% FCR)

1Q. why is FCR more important than +skills?
    1A. due to warcries low damage and high mana cost and monsters healing rate u need FCR above +skills. FCR gives speed. speed gives more damage (speed of damage delivered=more damage) and it also is TOO fast for the monster's heal rate (this is extremely important). but high FCR uses up mana like crazy despite its lower mana per cast. whereas +skills give more direct damage, BUT slow delivery speed of that damage means (probably) actually less damage and even less or NO damage cuz the monster heals it all back from healing rate. also the mana cost goes up with higher skill lvl but slower speed so not as bad as high FCR's mana cost. FCR is a must, but 150% FCR warcry skill is the most mana consuming of all the skills (can't leech mana like with weapon attacks, u can only regenerate mana) and worse since its on the least mana point availible character, the barbarian

at least this is true or nearly true in an ***8 PEOPLE GAME**** :
    with no or little FCR u simply dont hit the monster fast enough even with higher damge from +skills to override the monster's heal rate. even with like 30 warcry from 10 +skills with no FCR u will NOT even hurt the monster. the monster will heal up the damage u do before your next war cry hits it.

2. +skills is 2nd most important after FCR for war cry pvm singer barbs. read above 1A. section for info on +skills and warcry. get as much +skills as u can without sacrificing any or little FCR for more damage

3. third most important is mana amount for obvious reasons. 2 options u have. either ignore energy stat (making a vita build) and try to get as much mana as u can from gear without sacrificing any or little FCR and/or +skills. or pump up your energy stat...yes u heard me...the energy stat that almost no one ever raises except maybe for a ES-TK sorc..well this is one time that it really helps! a pvm singer really doesnt need any or nearly any of the other stats: str, dex, vit. due to warcry's stun u never get hit as everything is stunned so no need for life (vit) or def (str)(for high def gear)(dex)(for defense rating boost) or AR (dex)(you're using a magic spell so there no to hit chance since spells always hit) well with the remaining pts after the 80 spent into warcry n synergies into BO + putting all or nearly all into energy stat (despite its poor investment of 1 energy for 1 mana compared to 1 vit for 4 life, the mana does build up)+ mana from gear where u can (with out sacrificing FCR, +skills) + frost burn or otehr such mana boasting gear (if u decide to sacrifice magefist but i'm quite positive this would be less effective if u did) u can reach hopefully enough mana to meet the needs of a FCR +skill warcry. if this does work and u have enough mana that u dont need to mana pot (if not, than u got to mana pot), than think about this for a moment: the fastest attacking attack 150 FCR warcry which CAN stun every monster (except bosses) making u untouchible, unharmible, invincible and having enough mana pool that u can cast it forever (or at least until everything is dead around u) without mana potting...think about this...(its the same as a hammerdins attack except u cant be harmed where he can, but u cant kill phys immunes unless u got an amp necro...oh i didn't mention amplifiy works with war cry giving u more damage as well, where he can).

(energy build needs to be tested first to see if its worth it than tested vs vitality build in relation to gear and mana/life needs)

3Q. why is mana amount more important than mana regeneration.
    3A. u cant regenerate mana fast enough or regenerate enough mana to match 150% FCR warcry's insatiable consumption of mana. unless possibly partied with a meditation paladin. (lots of testing needs to be done)

4. 4th/last most important thing is mana regeneration. if u have any gear spots left for this without sacrificing FCR, +skills, mana, than do this. or best would be to be in a party with a meditation paladin

the ultimate party singer barb:

1. 80 skills pts into warcry and its 3 synergies, remaining skill pts into nat res or whatever (may NOT need or MIGHT need nat res with a salvation paladin for chaos sant oblivion lord mages lower resists curse) no pts into BO because u have a party barb who has max bo for u (and others).
    2. a singer warcry barb wants to be in a party with: a max BO barb, amplify necro, meditation paladin, (does anyone know or could test if the damage enchaning paladin auras, might/concent/fanaticism work on warcry or if they only work for/on weapon based attacks not warcry magic spell skill????), salvation paladin

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  3. Razputin

Razputin IncGamers Member

Re: barb singer - build?

I played around with a PvP singer a while ago, truth be told it failed somewhat. The damage you can deal simply isn't that good. In BvB you will simply be overpowered by either vastly superior opposition damage or endurance (or both). Most paladin builds, even ones far below your level can also outplay you.
    With the right equipment i think a BvS singer could be viable, but for general duelling or BvB singers simply are not the biz.

4. multifaros

I'm not expecting it to be good... But just the feeling of ez:ing someone with a singer ONCE is worth all the trouble :D

Hedgemonkahn: thx a lot! very helpful :)

5. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

warcry barbs have been discussed few times on this forum, search for exact gear

110 fcr is the last achievable breakpoint, so you dont need 150 (the next breakpoint is 200 as far as I remember)
    instead of magefists, I advise to use magefists
    114 mana helmet, silk or heavenly garb, +2 10fcr amulet, 30frw boots (frw is important if you want to duel), 2 shards and if you can afford them - 2 sojs..

if you play with a friend, I advise you to put 80 points into warcy and its synergy and nothing at all into BO - get BO from another barb. This way, the rest of the points can be distributed into natural resists and increased speed.

At level 75+ you can sometimes catch lower level (e.g. 60) low FHR characters and stun-lock them to death

6. multifaros

thanx for advice! so i shouldnt use tarnhelm then? 3-sockted with ps for mana instead?

7. HegemonKhan

thanks fledgeling, about the break points. i forgot about them and never took time to rememberize them. fledgeling been around so listen to him:D

and multifarus, about tarn vs 3 socket perf saph helm. it depends on needs of more mana or if u got enough mana then i'd definately take tarn, unless u need resists or whatever else. +skills add to warcry damage and all other skills, of course.

8. HegemonKhan

i'll take my shot at thinking about what a pvp singer would need.

does war cry stun work in pvp? not sure if stun works in pvp (need some one to inform since i dont know)

stats: all or nearly all points into vita. vita build

no party help: skills: warcry 20, howl 20, taunt 20, battle cry 20, rest into increased speed or nat res or possibly leap or BO and/or 1 point into frenzy (for additional frenzied walk/run speed=need 2 weapons n monsters)

with party help: skills: warcry 20, howl 20, taunt 20, battle cry 20, rest into increased speed or nat res or possibly leap and/or 1 point into frenzy (for additional freinzied walk/run speed=need 2 weapons n monsters), NO pts into BO (u have a max bo barb for this)

if party can help during fight: a necro's amplify works with warcry's phys. damage, salvation paladin for resists, bo barb for life/mana boost, vigor paladin for speed, (need some one to test if other phys damage enhancing auras work with warcry or not=might, concentration, fanaticism)

using fledging's info that u only need 110 FCR (or is it 120?)(need to be at bp or over it?) than i would do this for gear:

probably 2 shards would be best. gives most FCR freeing up rest of gear and u only waste your hands (weapon slots) but than u cant use a shield for block or resists....

if u can stun with warcry in pvp than u only need enough FCR to stun lock him so your next warcry hits n stuns him but some one needs to test how much time stun is with warcry and how much FCR u need so that your next warcry hits n stuns him..over n over...except FCR is needed anyways to hit him with warcry before he moves away. u need FCR anyways probably jsut to catch-hit him with it...

30 fast walk/run boots r definate (+ using frenzy n its speed)+resists on them would be nice too or other needed mods

now u need either 10 or 20 FCR to hit the last break point like fledgling said.

1. if u only need 10 FCR than use an amulet with +2 barb and 10% FCR +resists +life/mana, etc.. (best u can get, but having all these would be a godly amulet, not sure what mods u can have at same time though)

2. if u need 20 FCR than u got a decision to make. use magefist for 20% FCR but lose out on frostburn or resists gloves or whatever. or u use 1-2 rings for the 20% FCR and lose out on 1-2 sojs (if u have sojs)

gear summary n rest of gear:
    enough FCR for warcry's last break point at 110 (ask fledgling). than +skills (2 +1 sojs= +2, +1 tarn, +2 amulet, +1 silk/berserker set armor=silks need 100 str berserker set like 30 str or goldskin armor for resists or ice blink for slow or twitch if u using a shield or hawkmail for CBF) and/or unless u need more resists/mana. 30% fast walk/run boots+resists and other mods if possible. belt whatever u need like str, resists, etc.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    another possible build with using warcry in pvp is a defense build with most skill points into defense skills and only put 20 into warcry. give yourself enough str for high defense gear, use a shield with high defense and high block, rest of stat pts into vita, and probably use a shard, than rest of gear with high def..

basically make a high defense bvb barb, but put 20 pts into warcry instead of ww, and instead of a naga/BH, probably use shard for more FCR if it does boost u up in BP's (cast speed of warcry)(ask fledgling about BP's), and use weak warcry skill, and all otehr skill points into defense skills for huge defense:D

**shock (*grins*) those bvb'ers expecting a duel between his ww and your ww...but instead u hit him with an (unblockible? spells arent blocked by shield or def rating i dont think..only resists right..except maybe from rock fleece?) warcry..so he has all that gear for nothing....though i'm not sure if rockfleece's -10% phys. damage reduction works with warcry or only weapon based phys damage..**

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  9. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

barbs ww you and you die - even with like 3,5k life (realistically) - because you dont have a shield

the stun works pvp, but only for a really short time, so you have to hope that they dont have any FHR (some poor sorcs/amazons/necros)

110breakpoint is easy to "see", if you compare 100fcr with 110fcr - actually I duelled a 100fcr barb and my barb won thanks to the fcr

to duel you could consider searching for the 1h weapoint (I think it was 70fcr - please search in the stickies) and a shield for some resists (120shield perhaps)

I dont think you can kill any dueller, maybe some guys with lower levels - just remember not to pump BO, because you will never get maximum damage this way