Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barb player for over 4 years who never made Necro needs summoner help! My necro's 60

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Flanker, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Flanker

Flanker IncGamers Member

Barb player for over 4 years who never made Necro needs summoner help! My necro's 60

Ok, hi board.

I don't recall that i ever checked necro forum in my life...

So jsut a brief intro:

i played barbs since d2 came out and consider myself pro (at barbs anyway)

So i play HC ladder and i do not have items to make a barb since he is VERY VERY item dependant.

So, to do hell pit runs for godlyzor itamzor, i build is summoner necro as i think he is the best and safest for hell pit runs.

Ok he is lvl 60 already and i maxed the following skills:

Skelletons
    Skelleton mastery
    Bone Wall (for bone armor synergies)
    1 in each pre-req
    and 1 in amp, 1 in mage, 1 in all golems and 1 in revive

Thats basicly it

please dont tell me to remake him because it took me long enough to get to lvl 60 and i cant do it all over again

My question is: what skills should i be pumping next?
    i am assuming Bone Prison as it gives more dmg absorbed per lvl than Bone armor does (15 vs 10)
    BUTTTT...my friend told me that if u use Marrowwalks, u will get the lvl 33 synergy bonus to bone armor.
    Now, i didnt put any skills in Bone prison ..so should i get marrowwalks so that i get the synergy bonuses from it for dmg absorbed on bone armor?

Other choice i have is to max bone prison and don't rely on marrowwalks.

Some other chocies : max revive or max mages. I really don't know. Do mages do enough dmg in hell with their fire/cold/light/psn throwings?

if anybody cares, i use might merc and iron golem. Might merc really helps me in Hell (i just started it)

thank you very much for help sorry for long post on such a short question
    HELP BABO PLAYA:D

2. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

Pump CE next for a pit runner

3. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Pump Corpse Explosion and you have the famed "Fishymancer".

A good and safe (though not always fast) magic finder.

Also remember to put a single point in Summon Resists. With +skills items you won't regret it.

I would also suggest that you get the Decrepify curse as it can help tremendously with strong packs and bosses. There is nothing like slow.

4. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

First and foremost....Revive is a 1 point wonder(unless you are gonna go for the purpose of lagging people...or are aknow-it-all-noob).

So, betweeen Revives and Mages....max Mages and let +skills do the rest for your Revives.

Might merc helps your skeletons a ton in hell, and if you uses mages(you could use Lower Resist for them) Though I like Decrepify way too much.

Get 1 point into all Curses(or all but the last 2 on left side), because last thing you need is to die by gloams or the rest of that family in act3-5...and Dim Vision can save you there.

HoS

5. evo_dragon

evo_dragon IncGamers Member

You are going to want marrow walks for the skele mastery, so you might as well not put anything in prison. Pump at least 10 points in CE and then I'd probally stick the rest in bone spear. With both wall and prison synergies you'll be doing some, though not great damage and will have an easier time getting beginning corpses. Of course dim vision and decrepify is a must in case you want to venture outside the pit. Other than that, good luck with the build.

Dragon

6. Flanker

Flanker IncGamers Member

ok thx guys. really appreciated info.

one dillema though...is marrow walks bug true or not?

meaning if i didnt put any skills in bone prsion and use marrowwalks, will i get synergy bonuses?

and one last question: does decrify act as amp dmg? meaning if my merc does 1000 dmg...will he do 2000 with decrify too?

7. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

Yes marrow walks is a true bug :D Don't put any points in prison to make use of the bug.

Assuming no physical resistance your merc will do 1500 with decrep and 2000 with amp

8. nataku00

nataku00 IncGamers Member

I personally only have 1 pt in corpse explosion, and have it at lvl 10 or so after skills (this is without a +2 ammy, btw :( ). I went with the max BS/max a synergy plan after the skele and skele mastery since I felt it would be a decent aid in boss killing. It's worked ok so far, the synergy I chose to max is bone wall since it synergizes with bone armor in addition to spirit and allows me to use the marrowwalk bug for a while if I can ever get one on ladder.

Revive is a true 1 pt wonder, good meat shields so your skeletons survive to deal their damage. I've found mages to be more of an annoyance than anything else, unless you're in a wide open area or at least 4-5 yds across halls since they block the way for your skeles and get *****. But honestly, just put pts into skills that fit your play style. Skelemancers are very versatile :p

9. Zazu

Zazu IncGamers Member

as summoner my necro:

maxed skelletons and s. mastery,
    maxed mages (well, kinda useless, but a little more dmg and meatshields and they look cool)
    1 revive,
    1 clay golem (this is sweet, clay +decrepify makes Baal or Diablo petrified, they dont even cast their novas) Clay slows enemy, this is just crazy mod, so simple and effective.
    1 in all curses (lvl 10 or so wth items)
    1 Bone Armor
    10 CE

AS u play HC I sugest that you heavily use curses like:

Attract - 1 point wonder, cast it ahead and all monsters gather around one poor bastard. Then your army is ready for attack, and they have nice group together. This is great crowd control curse

Use Dim Vision, esp. on those pesky archers in act V or The Pit in act I.

On ALL act bosses use Clay Golem+Decrepify, always. Clay slows enemy, combined with decrepify u got nice not moving boss, and your skellies do their job. I use decrep+clay also on all annoying bosses like MLEB (Bremm, Pindle very often), they seem to be shooting their deadly bolts less frequently.

Go with max or at least ~50 % block, put points in dexterity, use items with +dex. People will say - "You dont need block 'coz you won't be hit, put points in vitality". B u l l s h i t. You WILL be hit. Today I entered Baal Throne, with my finger on dim vision to cast if needed, 30 monsters army and what? At entrance I met: a pack of cursed stygian dolls, group of might Bloodlords and 3 Gloams at left side. Without block = dead in 0,0001 second, but fortunatelly I have maxed block. I live ....:) Sometimes not even Dim Vision, Attract, and whole army helps to get hits instead of you. There are lags etc. I DO suggest to max or at least 50 % block. Especially in HC.

Good luck...

10. Zazu

Zazu IncGamers Member

oops, deleted:)